Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] MapleChronicles - We NEED YOU! (GM's, Assistants, & more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Hello World" (For any developers! Ahaha),

[Basics]

Our server is currently hosted in Montreal (to be moved) on a dedicated server.

[Introduction]
I'm currently here to announce that my new project is expanding. Now trying to become a reality, we're looking for dedicated Game Masters, Community Involved Players, Advertisers, Graphical Designers, and open-ended Suggestions to help us grow and go big.

[Our Server - What is MapleChronicles?]
Our server, a v83 Mid-Low Rate MapleStory server is a simple minded, back to the old days style server. We aim to forget the occupations, the crazy commands, and just kick back and relax. We want our players to have a social experience rather than one where you grind and try to gain gear 24/7. We want our players to train TOGETHER, hunt TOGETHER, and chill together.

Our time zone is -5 Eastern Standard Time.

P.S.: We're currently in closed beta. In the coming week or two, we will be ready to release.

[Continuation...]
Now we aren't looking for coders, and we aren't looking for professional computer tech-geek work. We're looking for regular human beings, that would like to commit to a community. That would love to spend time interacting with our players, and help spread the word. For those who want a more grand position, Game Masters will also have the same responsibilities.

What differs from becoming a Game Master is that, they must be professional, yet fun. They should have a good sense of judgement, but not be like the police.

[Qualifications]
Methods for communication vary. We will decide this later on.

Game Masters (GM's):
- Grade 8+ English Skills: (Canadian Educational System) Able to use commas, periods, follow grammatical rules, and make use of Capitalization
- Active: 3 Hours a Day is Optimistic and a bit shy of a Standard, 6-8 Hours a day is Preferable.. but we're all human! :lol:, Activity can be very flexible
- Community Driven: Loves to play, loves to talk with members, loves to help out (not over power), loves to provide answers to common questions
- Level headed & a good sense of Judgement
- Communications System: Steam, AIM, etc.
- +1 Week Gameplay or a chat w/ Me

Beta Tester & Assistant:
- Community Driven: Loves to play, loves to talk with members, loves to help out (not over power), loves to provide answers to common questions
- Friendly, Lovable, etc.
- Activity: Varies, we would like to see 2-3 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. More is better.

Graphical Artist:
- Able to Co-Operate (w/ me!)
- Able to be a leader (I'm a decent graphic artist, but a second hand would be nice)
- Microphone (preferable, not needed)
- Graphic Prowess (derp.)
- Communications System: MSN, AIM, etc.

Advertisers:
- English must be almost perfect
- Must understand bbcode.
- Must do research for other websites that allow advertising
- Must be able to follow rules (for other websites, such as MapleTalk)

[Applications]
Game Master (GM):
Code:
Name:
E-Mail:
Previous Experience:
Define your Personality:
Country/Time Zone:
Pro's and Cons:
Why you feel interested:
What makes this server different from others, why would you apply here, when there are millions of other servers?:
Extra Details:

Beta Tester/Assistant
Code:
Name:
E-Mail:
Previous Experience:
Define your Personality:
Country/Time Zone:
What makes this server different from others, why would you apply here, when there are millions of other servers?:
Extra Details:

Graphical Artist
Code:
Name:
E-Mail:
Previous Experience:
Country/Time Zone:
Proof of Work/Portfolio:
Extra Details:

Advertisers
Code:
Name:
E-Mail:
Previous Experience:
Example Advertisement for Our Server:

[Conclusion]
Knowing anyone who applies is volunteering for this, we'd like to thank you for being interested. We are looking for the best of the best, because we want to deliver something better. We're looking for people who really care.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Name: Abdul Rahim Bin Suria
E-Mail: smoshies@gmail.com
Previous Experience: None
Define your Personality: Abit shy , friendly and helpful
Country/Time Zone: GMT +8 (Malaysia)
What makes this server different from others, why would you apply here, when there are millions of other servers?: Alot of servers mostly updated with official , and others with custom setting . While this server with low rate and good-old times .
Extra Details: I love blue colours :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GM Application.

Name: Maddy Carloss, though i prefer Maddys.

E-Mail: godkami@live.com

Previous Experience: Worked with a friends a couple times on several servers, though this was a while ago, so i would need to study commands and such.

Define your Personality: Down to earth.. Yet carefree. I try not to stress over things, even though some times i really should.
Country/Time Zone:GMT+0.

Pro's and Cons: I assume this is referring to myself.. Well, lets start with the pro's;

I'm calm most of the time, and if i am going to be angry, i tend to keep it to myself, this would avoid any unprofessional conversations with players.

I enjoy talking to people online, since in the little town i live in, they're isn't many people.. My age, if you will.

I play a lot of different games online and have worked in private servers of more or less all of them, this could be useful if you decided to start running other servers.

My English is all i know and having played with so many people that are not English, i find it easy to understand their.. Simpler form of it. This would allow me to help players with their problems even if their English isn't so great.

To put this one simply.. I try hard at the things i do. (For example, if i was to run an event)

And the con's:..

My sense of time isn't.. Wonderful... What I'm saying is, I'm late.. Sometimes.

I'm easily distracted.

Not really a con, but for someone that wants the GM's to be online 6~8 hours a day (Like actually working, but for no pay..) I would not be able to play that much each day, unless it involved being paid, it's just too long. (This is many because of work, and having some form of a life outside... Okay, not outside, in other games. >_>

Why you feel interested: I haven't worked as a GM on a server for a while, and i felt nostalgic when i read this recruitment form of yours.

What makes this server different from others, why would you apply here, when there are millions of other servers?: Now.. I wouldn't say millions. :p
I choose this one because it was the first post i saw in the recruitment thread, pretty much it. Other reasons will develop as/if i work for the server.

Extra Details: None really, they've all be mentioned at some point in this application.

If you would like to get hold of me, please add willzthesciz on skype, or contact Xeyzz on Steam.
I'll also be on your teamspeak server. (Might be high as poop though..)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Name: Kelsee
E-Mail: kelseeboo8896@hotmail.com or Skype: slurts
Previous Experience: I've been an intern and an actual GM in a few servers, although I lack lots of actual proof of this, I do have one picture.
Define your Personality: I'd say I'm fairly friendly and outgoing, unless of course, someone is extremely shy. I'm not really good in awkward situations, and tend to just avoid people who make conversations that way. I am very caring and helpful as well. Along with being stubborn and headstrong at times. I don't get angry easily through the internet, although ignorance does make me a smidge annoyed.
Country/Time Zone: U.S.A., PST, it's about 2 am here at the moment.
Pro's and Cons:
Pros:​
• I am very friendly, and kind to people. I tend to withhold my rude opinions and have lots of self-control.
• If someone's being annoying or pestering me, I tend to hold back on the attitude, take a breath, and calmly respond. Or I suggest them to a different GM who can help them.
• I enjoy talking to people over the internet and making new friends. I'm very open-minded as well.
• I don't discriminate / make racist jokes. I find it very important to treat everyone equally.
• If I don't think i'm capable of doing something, I'll tell whoever told me to do it.
• I'm very honest and hardworking. I love to do things correctly. I feel accomplished.
Cons:​
• Although I am on the computer a majority of the day, I also tend to "disappear" from time to time. Because like stated, I'm on the computer a majority of the day. And when a friend calls and makes plans, I usually go.
• Sometimes ignorance can get to me, and I'll get frustrated.
• If I get put in an awkward situation, I will bail. I hate awkwardness.
Why you feel interested: I feel interested in being a GM because I've always had a love for Maplestory, ever since I was about 11. My brother got me into playing it at a young age, and I've played it on-and-off since. I absolutely love the game. And Private Servers are even better. I actually used to be GM in a few servers awhile back (cant even remember the names), but I took a hiatus from Maplestory (the actual game and Private Servers) after an account of mine got hacked. But now, I'm back and better than ever! Ready to start fresh.
What makes this server different from others, why would you apply here, when there are millions of other servers?: This server seems a lot more unique, in a way. This server really caught my eye, and will continue to do so. The server seems very good, and I cant wait to try it out (GM or not).
Extra Details: Well, I'm going to bed soon, since it is kind of late here. And I have a friend's house to go to at 2 pm, so I'll be back asap.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you serious?
the website contains MineCraft font + images

ps
Can you tell us about yourself? what you can really do for your own server?
So whats wrong with pictures of other games if it's a network?
Am I expected to create 6 different MapleStory server's in 6 different versions?

I don't think so.

@ Other Apps
Sorry, been busy lately with graphics, coding, and other boring things. I'll take a look tomorrow.
@ Maddys: I was going to say that, if you aren't 100% sure, maybe you shouldn't be doing this. I do like the app though
@ Kelsee: Good stuff, like the length. Will take a look soon.

Reaction score
So whats wrong with pictures of other games if it's a network?
Am I expected to create 6 different MapleStory server's in 6 different versions?

I don't think so.

@ Other Apps
Sorry, been busy lately with graphics, coding, and other boring things. I'll take a look tomorrow.
@ Maddys: I was going to say that, if you aren't 100% sure, maybe you shouldn't be doing this. I do like the app though
@ Kelsee: Good stuff, like the length. Will take a look soon.
I'm mean basically introduce yourself...what you can really do? designing/coding/programming etc

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm mean basically introduce yourself...what you can really do? designing/coding/programming etc

Fair deal. Well to explain here, I'll tell you I can do Basic Java. I understand Java as a language, and can come up with nifty fixes here and there. As with coding from scratch, I can only do that with HTML & JavaScript (for npc's). I am also decent with Photoshop (took a class).

So the server, might have bugs (dc's, non working items, etc). But I can generally try to find a way to work around them. Some things are just caplut. I won't be able to do em'.

In a design stand point, when it comes to the server, I don't add things based on "ooh that looks cool.", It has to fit in with the system. If it doesn't match the system (rebirths on a low rate server = ???) then I don't add it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Other Apps
@ Maddys: I was going to say that, if you aren't 100% sure, maybe you shouldn't be doing this. I do like the app though.

If you want to add me on skype or something we can talk about any problems you might have with me, and i think we'll be able to work through them. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
wew u definitely need to improve your codings.

The slideshow numbers seems to be disapeared o.o

Not sure what you meant when you told me not to use <center>. Maybe the website has a few <center>'s lol, but I'm too lazy to jump into learning CSS.

Also, the slideshow numbers looked disgusting.

As for apps, I'll only be taking any apps from players who can come online and meet me. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back