Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[MapleStory] MapleCrown is looking for a (Java) developer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We are looking for a developer, preferably with Java experience, to help us out.

Our project:
The project is MapleCrown and we are aiming to be a nostalgic v83 private server with no real in-game changes.

What we expect from you:
Your main resonsibilities will be to help with some small bugfixes (mostly scripting) and one major skill that has to be re-implemented. We are aiming for a mid-december release before the holidays.

Current state/progress:
A lot has already been done on the source and we are currently in the end state before releasing, we are looking for more people to help out because I (the main dev) don't have enough time to finish everything.

About me:
I myself am still working on the server, but currently mostly the custom launcher/installer and custom website/forum, I simply don't have time to also focus on the source since I work aprox. 60hours/week and also have a family, but I will always be available for help. I work as a freelance game developer/web developer/software engineer so I can always help a little bit during the day since I work mostly from home.

About the team:
Aside from me we have a few others helping out, mostly the server owner (no I'm not the owner, but I manage all technical aspects). We also have some WZ editors, GMs and forum staff.

What you can expect from us:
A team with a serious offer that also knows how to have fun. We are on Discord a lot when working or when blowing off some steam. We are not looking to make a 2-month server, we are in it for the long haul and expect the same from anyone joining our team.

Pre's:
- Experience, we don't expect a fancy degree or 10+ years of experience, but we prefer someone with experience working in a team with the same or similar tools that we use.
- SVN, we use SVN and expect anyone joining us to have used SVN or something similar like GIT and have the knowledge of how the basics of SVN like merging work.
- Trello, we use Trello for managing tasks and keeping track of what still has to be done.
- Java, the source is written in Java, as such some experience with Java is definitely a pre, although not required if you can show that what you have to offer to the table is good.
- JavaScript, I would assume most devs know this or atleast the basics, it is used for scripting NPCs, quests, animat map objects, etc.
- Honesty, we expect you to be honest and make true on your promises. Currently the team exists of only adults but we don't mind any age, as long as you have respect and certain norms, basically act as an adult.

What's in it for you?
- Experience, we have no problem with you showing any of the work you do here on a portfolio, this should be pretty self-explanatory.
- We do not pay you directly, however, we do share the donations with staff members that put in their time.
- And ofcourse a nice community.

You can contact me on Discord: PopSicle#2985
We use discord for most if not all of our communications, some of us also use whatsapp for more pressing matters.
You can also find my on our community Discord (as PootSicle):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back