Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory - Team Recruitment for NostalgicMS [Paid Jobs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi RageZone Community,

My name is Thomas Eklund. I've been working on this private server for quite a few weeks now, but it's going nowhere at the moment. I had a private server called NostalgicMS open from July to September. It was based on our self-made v.62 source. Unfortunately, we had stability issues so finally we had to shut the server down. I'm back to reopen NostalgicMS at v.83, but I'm going to put some work into it before opening it to the public.

Please keep in mind that you're applying because you'd like to help us growing as a server. :)

Staff Positions

Game Developer (1) ~ Paid Job
The game developer shall have knowledge in the Java language to be able to follow pseudo code and instructions from the owner and other staff. The programmer's job is to do changes in the source code, based on the requests from the owner. The game developer must also have knowledge in updating from one version to another, so therefor knowledge with packets and opcodes.

Java Developer (1) ~ Paid Job
The java developer shall have knowledge in the Java language to be able to follow simple instructions from the owner. The programmer's job is to do simple changes in the source code, based on the requests from the owner.

Web Developer (1)
The web developer shall have knowledge in HTML, CSS and PHP. Other web developing abilities would be a plus.

Forum Moderator (2)
The forum moderator shall be able to handle people in a good manner. The forum moderator's job is to keep the forum clean from spam but also to help people who asks for help.

Support Team Members (2)
The support team member shall be able to handle people in a good manner. The support team member must know a lot of the server. The support team member's job is to help people who asks for support and to connect to the staff for information, when it is required. The support team member will also have Game Master status ingame.

Graphics Developer (1) ~ Paid Job
The graphics developer shall know how to do graphics with Photoshop. The graphics developer's job is to create graphics that looks good, based on requests from the owner.

NPC Programmer (~)
The NPC programmer shall have basic or advanced knowledge in coding of ingame NPC's.

NPC Text Catcher (~)
The NPC text catcher's job is to get the exact text of what the current GMS NPC's says when you talk to them, based on requests from the owner.

Creative Minds (~)
Someone with a creative mind, to help us to get new ideas on how to improve the game. Nostalgic suggestions are also nice.

Beta Tester (~)
Someone that is willing to be helpful and report all bugs that you encounter while playing during closed beta.

Application Format

Name:
Skype ID:

I am applying for:

Tell us about yourself:
Why do you want to be apart of our staff team:
Why should we pick you before someone else:

For how long have you played MapleStory:
Have you ever been staff for a MapleStory server before:
If you have proof, please attach it here:

If you'd like to apply for a staff position, you may do it using the Application Format below. Post it as a reply to this thread or send it as a private message to me. Failure in following the Application Format will result in the application being denied immediately. You may also add me on Skype for an interview, if you believe that would be better.

- - -

I'm interested in an old, nostalgic server with the rates of 3x Experience, 1x Mesos and 2x Drop. During the time I had NostalgicMS open, we had the rates 1x Experience, 1x Mesos and 1x Drop. People often complained about both the Experience rate and the Drop rate. Therefor, I have changed them. The mesos rate is going to stay as 1x to keep a stable economy. The server shall have a level cap of 200 and a mesos cap of 9,999,999,999 mesos.

I honestly don't know if this is possible but if it was, it'd be epic. Like mentioned already, the server is going to be based of a v.83 source. At v.83, Nexon hadn't implemented the higher resolutions yet (1024x768 or 1280x768). I'm going to strive for getting this resolution at our v.83 server. I have some WZ modifications ready, this includes the Maple Island from v.1 and Pre-BB maps generally, but with the new epic GMS style of backgrounds and objects. The server shall have the Item.wz from v.83, but including all new Chairs.

I do already have permanent hosting for the server at a good host location with 2x Xeon and 8 GB RAM.

Classes and Town Maps:
(May change in the future)
Code:
[SIZE=3][B]Classes[/B][/SIZE]
[B]    Explorers[/B]
        Warrior
        Magician
        Thief
        Bowman
        Pirate
[B]    Cygnus of Knight[/B]
        Dawn Warrior
        Magician
        Night Walker
        Soul Master
        Pirate
[B]    Aran[/B]
         Aran

[SIZE=3][B]Towns[/B][/SIZE]
[B]    Maple Island[/B]
        Amherst
        Southperry
[B]    Victoria Island[/B]
        Lith Harbor
        Henesys
        Ellinia
        Nautilus
        Perion
        Kerning City
        Sleepywood
        Florina Beach
[B]    Class Towns[/B]
        Ereve
        Rien
[B]    Ossyria[/B]
        Orbis
        El Nath
        Aquarium
[B]    Ludus Lake[/B]
        Ludibrium
        Omega Sector
        Korean Folk Town
[B]    Mu Lung Garden[/B]
        Mu Lung
        Herb Town

Well, that's all I can say about the server at this point. If you have any questions, feel free to add me on Skype. My Skype ID is thomas_9547.

Thanks for your time. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: MapleStory - Team Recruitment for NostalgicMS

Bump! Add me as a contact on Skype if you have any questions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Bump!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nope, it didn't have either Potential or Enhancement. ^^

"Enhancement scrolls and potentials scrolls is a big no no"

Why are you talking about it then? It's almost nearly impossible to implement the potential system to v83 even if you would want to implement it. Just saying.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

"Enhancement scrolls and potentials scrolls is a big no no"

Why are you talking about it then? It's almost nearly impossible to implement the potential system to v83 even if you would want to implement it. Just saying.
Oh, I thought of opening the server at a higher version when I wrote this text. I will remove that part.

Updated staff positions.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score

-Application withdrawn, free to offer my service to other serious servers-

Name: Fredrik S.
Timezone: GMT +1
Skype ID: Will add you :)

I am applying for: Forum moderator

Tell us about yourself: Well I'm a 20 year old student, located in Sweden. I have a passion for server developments and project managing. I'm a down to earth person with a kind soul, but a determined mind. I always make sure to give everything my all, and I'm not a stranger to challenges and I always set clear goals with what I'm doing to make sure I achieve the best results possible. In my spare time, computers and software research is high on my list of favourite things to spend time on. I also read a lot of articles and such about pretty much anything that's related to IT and computer software. But I also enjoy a social life and is always on the go with my friends, while I study long distance courses. I'm a reliable and mature person with lots of humour :)

Why do you want to be apart of our staff team: I think I can contribute to many aspects of the community, not only as a moderator of the forum, but as a player like annyone else. I can see things in a variety of perspectives, which is a very important skill when it comes to moderating and administrating both forums, but also anything else that comes in my way :)

Why should we pick you before someone else: To say it simple; I'm an asset. And unlike my opponents I stand for my promises and live up to the expectations! :)

For how long have you played MapleStory: Roughly 7-8 years :) I'm what they call a "Veteran".

Have you ever been staff for a MapleStory server before: Yes, including OdinMS, LocalMS, NinjaMS and countless more smaller servers.

If you have proof, please attach it here: Well I don't really have anything left, and if so it's on my PC, right now I'm writing from my iPad. But my signature is one proof I guess :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Bump!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: MapleStory - Team Recruitment for NostalgicMS (PAID JOBS)

Bump! Game Developer, Java Developer and Graphics Creator are paid jobs.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Seeing as I'm being completely ignored on both Skype and here for 2 days straight regarding my application, I will assume that this isn't as serious as you might have thought.

I'm going to assume that this server will never get off the ground, and that if it does, it's going to be a very short period of time.

Good luck on future projects, but improve your communications skills.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Sjogernx He is serious about this server. Maybe he has denied our application and hasn't said anything.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
@Sjogernx He is serious about this server. Maybe he has denied our application and hasn't said anything.

Maybe that is the case, but he gives the impression to not being serious by handling it like he does.

If being denied, he should at least respond with "Sorry, I don't need your services right now, you have been denied" or whatever response is suitable.

It's not a proper way to handle applications.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Maybe that is the case, but he gives the impression to not being serious by handling it like he does.

If being denied, he should at least respond with "Sorry, I don't need your services right now, you have been denied" or whatever response is suitable.

It's not a proper way to handle applications.

Ok, I am just letting you know as to what I think

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apologies about the delay, but I'm still reviewing the applications. I have currently three moderator applications but only two spots open. I will leave the final decision tonight or tomorrow.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Apologies about the delay, but I'm still reviewing the applications. I have currently three moderator applications but only two spots open. I will leave the final decision tonight or tomorrow.

I'm going to withdraw, so you could go ahead and give those two spots to the others :) I will try my luck somewhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back