Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Network] Game Coast West - Looking for Partners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We're hiring more developers!
- If you are experienced developer for any game that we dont host (yet), contact me!
- If you are a server owner looking for a place that can protect your server, contact me!
- If you are a developer but doesnt have the resources (game server), contact me!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone needs my opinion, but it's the internet so I'm gonna post it.

This network has really big ambitions (I'd say just a tad bit too big). When I joined as a Life is Feudal developer, everything seemed quite disorganized and took quite a while to get a reply from the staff. Eventually, we've split ways as the game is just too niche and I quite honestly disliked their monopolization - "Everything under one roof". The idea is great. The execution is not. GameCoast-West network has too few admins to manage all of their games and most if not all developers seem not to give a duck about what's going on at the forums. No engagement what-so-ever from the majority of the guys. Posts that admins wrote (Sheba I think?) are from my standpoint - unprofessional, seems as if an underage kid wrote them. The launcher has issues with crashes, being stuck on "updating", having to re-install 7GB's multiple times over 30kb/s network and many more issues. Now, I joined them a long time ago and probably a lot has changed. But it's a fresh network so all of these can be forgiven. It's a learning experience and these people do learn from their mistakes (albeit not all of them). If you're an aspiring developer or a server owner, I suggest you at least try joining them. No harm could come from that. Just don't expect the quality to be like Blizzard or even Ragezone.

If these guys will continue improving, we might have a global phenomena on our hands, but I wouldn't hold my breath as this whole "business" gets boring quickly.

That's all I have to say.

P.S. Cut down on the games you have. Example: WoW Legion. Was a dev with mangos years ago, trust me, it's going to take you years and hundreds of programmers to fix that game to the point of it looking like blizzlike experience - if at all possible (warmane up to this day doesn't have a bugless WoTLK server and they have more than enough developers).

Kind regards,
Wortex

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi i'm a dekaron developer about 8 years and i got the latest projects from main game, i got own launcher's projects, websites, tools etc.
I'm also a coder, got 4 years c# exp, 2years c++, 4years php and also can handle very well other languages.
I'm quite interested, just add me on skype : jaskile12

Reaction score
As for the standpoint of one who maintains the community.
  • We've updated and improved the launcher since last June.
    As of this writing, the Launcher version is v0.1.3 which has a lot of improvements & fixes.
  • Each game is maintained and developed by individual developers.
  • Each game's community is maintained by "Game Coast's staff" and player's concerned and forwarded to the developer.
    (IF and only IF the staff is unsure what to reply).
  • Failure to cooperate with the staff is more likely to get their partnership cancelled.
    (This includes not wanting to add a security measure to the game we partnered.)
  • We also remove staff or developers that does not honor our "terms" and do businesses behind our backs.
    (EXAMPLE: Selling items to players without using our Donation system as agreed upon terms.)
  • If developers honor the Terms they agreed upon, I dont think there will be problems at all.
    The terms of agreement is there to protect both parties, mainly the Network IF the developers wants to host the server with us.

Anyhow, Im not here to argue nor to promote conflict between us professional developers.

vileelf You exceed your quota, i cant send you pm. Send me another Pm to reply to.
jaskile12 Sure, send me a pm and we can discuss further.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As for the standpoint of one who maintains the community.
  • We've updated and improved the launcher since last June.
    As of this writing, the Launcher version is v0.1.3 which has a lot of improvements & fixes.
  • Each game is maintained and developed by individual developers.
  • Each game's community is maintained by "Game Coast's staff" and player's concerned and forwarded to the developer.
    (IF and only IF the staff is unsure what to reply).
  • Failure to cooperate with the staff is more likely to get their partnership cancelled.
    (This includes not wanting to add a security measure to the game we partnered.)
  • We also remove staff or developers that does not honor our "terms" and do businesses behind our backs.
    (EXAMPLE: Selling items to players without using our Donation system as agreed upon terms.)
  • If developers honor the Terms they agreed upon, I dont think there will be problems at all.
    The terms of agreement is there to protect both parties, mainly the Network IF the developers wants to host the server with us.

Anyhow, Im not here to argue nor to promote conflict between us professional developers.

@vileelf You exceed your quota, i cant send you pm. Send me another Pm to reply to.
@jaskile12 Sure, send me a pm and we can discuss further.

Done sorry. Didnt realize my quota was full.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am interested also I have something to ask, leave me message together with your skype.
Thank you.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sadly This happens when someone try to work with ppl who's stoles and selling the files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im just pm to you please read if you still looking for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back