Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Original Indie Game Development, In Search of Web/Java Programmer(s), PAYING JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for reading,

My name is Mikey and I have been developing an avatar community called Icon Universe. I am seeing 1 or more programmers to freelance or become part of my team. I can use anyone with knowledge in web-friendly programming, such as(but not limited to) Java, Javascript, jQuery, PHP, HTML5/CSS3, Python, and/or SQL. I would prefer one person with well rounded knowledge of several languages, however I can use anyone.

More about the project;

Icon Universe is a 2-D Avatar Community dedicated to letting users design whats around them. From furniture to clothes, weapons to pets, if you can think it you can design it. On the website, you can customize your profile, explore towns, shop at a players storefront or create your own! Watch the decisions you make though, as a unique karma system tracks how react during tough situations and can raise or lower your levels of good and bad. Depending on those levels, you can be restricted or gain access to secret areas or items in the shop, as well as many other surprises youll just have to wait and see! These are just a few of the many things you're able to do that make up the Icon Universe!

The project is based out of a website and most of the small things are finished. The project now requires skills that I once had, but due to issues on my partners personal life, I lost. Now im looking for a replacement or replacements to continue this project and help me release it by january-march. The project is in early stages, however I have a full Game Design Document and diagrams/other documentations that completely outline the project and its development needs. For an experienced programmer, this project should be a very easy task.

What needs to be done, specifically:

I need someone with ample programming skills to build the program or structure that allows players to customize their avatars, join a room(either theirs or another players) and socialize/chat, and design clothing, items, weapons and pets using one of our "Blanks", which is simply a completely white item, weapon, pet, or clothing piece that users can draw on then save into their inventory for use or sale. Under further development of the game, I would like to let people work without blanks to create completely unique ideas, but that is a project for much further into the future. The programmer should have well rounded knowledge in their language of choice, and I am open to language suggestions. I do not have a serious preference as long as it is not something that requires many resources to be web-friendly. Serious programmers with skills and experience working on avatar community development in the past is a plus.

Additionally, the person inquiring about the job should be able to work through issues and programming glitches, fixing them as they arise. He/she should be able to meet deadlines we decide upon together, and failure to do so will result in that person being relieved from the project. NOTE: I do not expect a lot from my team, just that the job gets done. when I state "Deadlines we decide upon together" i mean we sit down and decide on a reasonable time in which you can finish the task at hand. I simply ask you respect the job enough to follow through.

I will discuss payment options with you as you contact me. If you would like to have a number ready to present me with, I will gladly listen to your request and if I feel the work reflects it, I will accept that request. If we continue to do well, I'm also offering a full partnership for future projects I will be working on, including a side-scrolling puzzle game that has already gotten several fantastic reviews for originality and intrigue. However for future projects I will be taking more of a graphics design and development role, therefor my partner in those projects will be taking the full responsibility of programming.

Please reply PRIVATELY with this information:

Name:
Preferred Language:
Languages Known:
Availability(In hours per week):
Amount Requested(per hour):
Brief Description on Why You're Fit for the Job:

For more information, please view my kickstarter below:

Im sure theres many things I have left out, and to avoid confusion you may contact me with any questions at all here on RageZONE, at DeviantArt(icon-universe.deviantart.com) or my personal email(Kirkmich01@gmail.com).

Thank you for reading, and I hope to hear from many aspiring programmers very soon!

Reaction score
Interesting... so is this made in flash? shockwave? or are you using a gaming engine like unity3d ..?

Can you please go in details what have you done so far in java? "in term of code.." Im not entirely sure about how your game works exactly... Flash browser game with a Java server?

Also, are you working alone on this?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jangar I just PMed you then read you dont read them =/ When i have a moment I will respond to you here. Happy thanksgiving and ill talk to you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back