Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Ragnarok] Recruiting for an innovative project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Preamble:

It is well known, the community wants to play Ragnarok Online private versions able to bring them back to those days of the past that now seem so far away. Personally, when I think of this concept, I too, like the others, I would let myself get carried away by the fantasy of being able to play EuRO again, but this kind of feelings are normal, everyone would like to be able to go back and relive the happy moments spent playing our favorite MMORPGs. Unfortunately, the years pass, and although (most of) the Ragnarok Community players perseveres in choosing to look primarily for mid-rate server with a few modifications, these players soon get tired of playing practically "the same stuff", and for trivial reasons, quits, and start looking for something that will surely be a clone of the one they just left. In most of the circumstances, the Ragnarok server administrators feel forced, whether they intend to have more than 10 players connected, to drastically limit the amount of changes made to the game. This is true, it always happens, but we must also make clear the reasons behind these events.

Customs Hate:

All this is (possibly) began years ago, when the first servers began to be really modified and full of custom items that significantly changed the dynamics of the gameplay; This arose in the community a great contempt and reluctance to try and \ or give a chance to these servers and then the consequence, the most modified versions of Ragnarok were labeled "to be avoided."

Conclusions:

That said, the underlying problem, most likely is not related to how many things are changed but how these changes entertain the player, the amount of available PVP situations, and how everything is presented to the public. Suffice it take for example the versions of Ragnarok for Android, preserving the spirit of the game making it much more innovative yet simple and intuitive. I am convinced that the right team could create an alternate version of Ragnarok Online with innovative content, truly new features that were never seen before, and most importantly, all of this while preserving the low rate aspect that is (IMHO) the most important element in an MMORPG and particularly for Ragnarok Online.

If anyone is interested in collaborating in this initiative can contact me by private message.

Available Roles:

* Dev with knowledge of hercules source code and client file s (AVAILABLE)
* Artist, new artwork would improve the success of the advertising (AVAILABLE)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back