Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[UNITY] 2D Game Development Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
​​
whhacker93 - [UNITY] 2D Game Development Recruitment - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello everyone,

Over the years I have developed and maintained a few servers here and there all on my own, nothing too big. It's been along time but hey I'm on a new track with unity.
My goal here is to create a 2D game experience that has never really been experienced before oh yes I know scary game play that no one has experienced yet.
I want to mix some of the elements and game play features from for example the god father 2 with some newer elements and features in a 2D aspect minus the vehicles and the GTA style part of the game.

I have been working on the game on my own so far but I work 6 days a week and have three kids to care for so I get about 2 hours of free time to work on the game per day and if I am up for it to sleep extremely late and be late for work I can get 4 a day I do have the authorization to do so thanks to my wonderful boss but there is nothing more inconvenient than to have to serve customers looking and feeling like you drank a 40 oz before going to bed the night before.

Like most teams starting out you'd be working for free for at least a month or two depends on how fast the game develops and there are other factors such as
what people think of the game whether the gameplay is enjoyable, addicting, etc.

I aim to start a kickstarter and put the game on greenlight asap as we create more content etc.
For now as the project manager and project "founder" I will be paying for projects basics, more or less the publicity costs.

Lets get this straight, I am not a AAA developer and I'm sure you aren't either but that doesn't mean we can't build a fun and attractive 2D game.
That also doesn't mean I don't want you. I expect you to be poorly disorganized I expect you to be a bad artist and I expect you to be a bad programmer.
If you are not any of this I am sorry and that's still amazing. I just understand that everyone needs to improve and there is nothing better than pure experience.
for pure experience you need to actually and truly experience the real deal of on the job creation, coding, art, etc. Otherwise you'll never understand how to get out of those sticky bad coding practices, aswell as those icky art practices.

This is the beauty of 2D it doesn't matter how detailed or how complex the art really is aswell as it's presentable and players can understand what it is you are
displaying on the screen.

Alright after a paragraph or two I am ready to tell you what I need for the absolute beginner levels

• I need a 2D/photoshop dude who thinks he can draw 2D art, basic enough, maybe a little bit of extra shadowing skills. (found 1 person, need another guy)
  • I need a C# programmer who is very fluent in C# programming experience is an plus but not officially required from the start there is room to learn and improve but relatively quickly if possible. We don't want to spend a year on a smaller project.
  • I need an idealist someone who is extremely imaginative and understands unities capabilities.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

• I also need someone to help me advertise and take care of other various responsibilities, the website and the forums no programming knowledge what so ever is required for this role. I just need your time and your trust.(found)

here is a very EARLY screenshot of some of the assets that I have created myself

Skype Contact:
Mindlessz0mbi3

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Kind of with aspects of the god father 2, no robbing vehicles but the police may or may not show up in cop cars, i don't know yet XD The multiplayer will come into place once I have enough content to show for if the map becomes bigger than anticipated then vehicles could be an idea but the movement system is truly classical, up down and to shoot you literally need to place your character to align your shots. Still something I need think about, at first I was going to make it so that the character would follow your mouse for the rotation but I decided not to for the moment.

For this game I thought of god father 2 for the mafia theme and then an old game STICK RPG i use to play when I was a kid.

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no,for shooting u need wasd and mouse for aiming/shooting if not it ll be a pain to do
have a look at 2d counter strike,try to emulate those controls
for the buildings and stuff better you draw boxes and paste textures of real buildings over them,or hi res textures

Reaction score
Still actively searching,
those team mates who want to test the pre alpha as the game is in merly just a testing stage for the mechanics and all of the assets will be moved and replaced/altered

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why not draw boxes and paste an actual building texture on it?gta did that from 3 to S.A and did good

Reaction score
I'm still recruiting, the entire engine has been redesigned.
I am looking at a completely different approach but still in 2D.

we now have a website, add me to skype for further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back