Q&A: Is the RuneScape section dead?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SupervisorRank
    May 2006 Join Date
    AZ, USALocation
    3,552Posts

Re: Q&A: Is the RuneScape section dead?

And it took you two years to accrue 10 posts? I'm sorry, but you're going to end up like everyone else that brags about how they're going to revive the section.

And I don't know about you, but RuneScape is stronger than ever, ESPECIALLY with the launch of RS3. Bringing back old school RS has also brought in a bunch more players from the Private Server scene. I personally have invested much more time playing rs2007 than developing in the last 6 months. I see at least 20k on rs2007, and that's good enough for them to keep it alive (20k x 8$ a month).
    I don't even know what I'm doing anymore

DeveloperRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    Toronto, CanadaLocation
    6,069Posts

It's been dead for a long time now...

The main reason (in my opinion) why it's dead, is because the whole community expects developers to finish stuff for them. Most developers will try their best to add content, but it gets really repetitive and boring after adding some content. That's exactly what happened to me, I created Jolt, created a nice base to work with, and got bored once everyone expected me to add all these skills, etc. Now I am so out of sync with RS overall.

InactiveRank
    Aug 2007 Join Date
    Local Insane Asylum.Location
    100Posts

Runescape is dead. Runescape forums are dead. Everything about Runescape is dead. Why? Because like every single other online game maker, Jagex is incredibly greedy. They have also ventured much too far past what they were ever intended to become. The game was muhc better before the Grand Exchange ever came around, but even when the Grand Exchange was there, it was a relatively fun game to play. Once they started expanding farther out into the Members Only areas and even minimized the free-play portion, everything went downhill. All of the buttons changed, there were too many add-ons, and many of the old members didn't want to deal with the change. I know I didn't.

Runescape did the same thing that many other games have done: developed far past what the players wanted, and at a much faster pace than they should have.

True MemberRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    The WastelandLocation
    1,369Posts

I'm not a very active user in this section or on RuneScape anymore, but I don't think it can be revived. I mean sure, at first, RSPS was a good idea, but everything goes bad when anyone can start opening them up just like Habbo "Retros". At the same rate, the game does not require money or membership to have fun or get money. So, there's not much of a need for RSPS, but some people just like everything free.
    Not all fuckboys are heartless, some are just heartbroken.

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    136Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSnyper View Post
    And it took you two years to accrue 10 posts? I'm sorry, but you're going to end up like everyone else that brags about how they're going to revive the section.

And I don't know about you, but RuneScape is stronger than ever, ESPECIALLY with the launch of RS3. Bringing back old school RS has also brought in a bunch more players from the Private Server scene. I personally have invested much more time playing rs2007 than developing in the last 6 months. I see at least 20k on rs2007, and that's good enough for them to keep it alive (20k x 8$ a month).

I'm Learning Programming (Java, c) and more, I'm Still Newbie, But I'll Learn in sites for now and between 1-2 months I'll get books to read for Programming so I Can Become a Programmer for RuneScape Section, And I'm a big fan of RS and I've server, and i'll start Release things

Note:: I'll work more in my Grammar Too xD

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    496Posts

Adding onto all the above, there are dedicated site for RSPS development. Why would someone come here when they can go there?

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    Toronto, ONLocation
    2,879Posts

Wow, it's a shame that the section has died in terms of activity.

MemberRank
    Oct 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

Pretty much... F

MemberRank
    Feb 2017 Join Date
    38Posts

It's dead RIP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement