Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Centralized Kal Online Information Resources

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here's some "information"... read the leaked source and insert the info u've gathered from it into a thread and maybe the sleeping mods will sticky it for u to find it later.

yw.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's some "information"... read the leaked source and insert the info u've gathered from it into a thread and maybe the sleeping mods will sticky it for u to find it later.

yw.

mods are a joke they know nothing about community just random mods who don't know anything about the community nor the game

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nope it only got worse from 2007. :p

P.S. In 2007 there was no source so most of the ppl tried to make sense of the files, now u just need to download the sauces and start reading if u want to understand how something (really) works.

again.. yw.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks. These kind of answers, along with the continuous begging is why I never really cared about this section. I though maybe it got better since 2007, but apparently not.

Don't mind him, he's just a kal .gb model guy. :p

About KSM, I can speak about it, since few days ago I implemented more or less safezones for emu.
I couldn't find any resources aswell, all I had was compiled Kal World Editor that can draw KSM zones.
First thing I did, was looking up .ksm hex:

RevEngKal - Centralized Kal Online Information Resources - RaGEZONE Forums

So I found out each cell might be represented by 4 bytes.
I've made small program to read these bytes and draw it and ensure I'm right:

RevEngKal - Centralized Kal Online Information Resources - RaGEZONE Forums

So now, what each byte in 4 byte cell description mean?
I tried to draw each zone in KWE, save and look up .ksm hex.
It appears that first 2 bytes are either 0x00 0x00 or 0xFF 0xFF and very rarely something in between.
0x00 0x00 stands for KWE green zone (free for mobs) and anything higher than it safezone.
Next 2 bytes (WORD) is "sub zone":
Code:
#define ZONE_ONEWAY_PORTAL 0x01
#define ZONE_TWOWAY_PORTAL 0x02
#define ZONE_PK_FREE 0x04
#define ZONE_TOWN (ZONE_TWOWAY_PORTAL | ZONE_PK_FREE)
#define ZONE_CASTLE 0x10

To get right cell using raw .ksm byte array having player/monster X & Y you can refer to my emulator source:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well... i could tell u or u could take the "info" i gave in my first post here, by that i mean... read the files.

But then again, don't mind me... i'm just the gb model guy. ^^

EDIT: ehm here u go in case u can't find it...my ksm newbprogram

All = (ignore this one... its just everything together... pretty much what u've showed here)
Mob = 0
Portal = 1
Town = 2
SinSafe = 4
Castle Attacker = 8
Castle Defender = 16

q7RIEEL - Centralized Kal Online Information Resources - RaGEZONE Forums

yw...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back