Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Challenge (Crack IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sry i forgot that the pro cracker can only do link re-direction
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc -> hosts file - check how pro can be the ppls :O
added mega link

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This is a great challenge. I encourage anyone active in the section to have a go!
HINT: Notepad++ might help highlight some clues for you if you are unpacking the .exe correctly. :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
meh im no reverse engineer

just give me the sources and i WONT hurt you .....

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It certainly is a tough one. Packed plus multiple (hidden) threads which detect debuggers. I might work on that later just to get more into x86. I don't really care about the files.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I did tried for roughly an hour. I couldn't spare more time. I mainly did it just to get more into assembler. Iirc, I saw a clear interrupts instruction, which I would be odd. I'll look into it again some other time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@RevEngKal dont waste your time this crack me is boring, since it uses a commercial packer that runs the assembly inside a VM. One would need to find a unpacker for the packer that revo used and start from there, but no, real crack me challenges are small (<50kb) and dont use a packer VM thingy, they rely on smart self written anti debugger tricks, some puzzeling and data hiding, that are the funny ones. If you see any bigger executable just skip it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Isn't writing an unpacker just another part of the challenge? I figured out the packer, but never bothered reading up on it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Isn't writing an unpacker just another part of the challenge? I figured out the packer, but never bothered reading up on it.

Nope, because commercial packers have a big team in the background getting paid to secure executables. It takes weeks or months to write an unpacker for it, but that has nothing todo with a crack me challenge, since everyone could just put any exe into a packer an call it a crackme challenge, but where is the challenge then? Revo just used a packer for which no unpacker exist as of today, this is the reason why he also time limited his challenge. Someday in the future there might be a cracker team that write an unpacker for it, but again thats not a crack me challenge, its just using a commercial packer. You find crackme challenges all over the internet, they are very small, self written by devs, with different difficulty levels. I dont know who that revo is, but it seems as though he totally missed the point of a crack me challenge. If he want he can contact me and i could help him to write a proper one, depending on his x86 assembly knowledge.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I usually just unpack my EXEs using Olly+Scylla. Worked for UPX and PE Compact so far. The are guides for Enigma as well. You're right though, just packing an EXE is kinda lame, as anyone can do it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's packed with Enigma 5.9 .. title should be "unpack it" and not "crack it".
also i don't see the challenge when you throw an exe into a packer and post it here to check whether anyone can "unpack" it or not.
it'll be more interesting posting an exe with self-made encryption/protection system then it can be called a "crack it" challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back