Classic Server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    4Posts

Classic Server

Hi guys

after many years of grinding near every private server, me and my team want to open a own server

we want to re-build a intlike classic server based on 2006

10x exp /old highland /max g55/ no ToP / no FoE / no 3rd / only 3 classes / old CW / old PvP formula and stuff like this

so now my question. would it be better to take the clean pack from 2006 and try to combine it with the new hackshield and fix alot of stuff or take a new clean repack (maybe EXE´s repack) and do alot of work to bring it to the old version?

any one tried this too maybe?

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    181Posts

Re: Classic Server

Havent tried it, but i would go for option 2 just remove/disable items,npcs,maps etc and create a old looking kal server like that.
    You will have all of the bugs from the old days fixed and a better "protection"
    (everybody in the kal scene knows what hack to use for each version of the engine)

True MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    SudiLocation
    310Posts

kal players doesn't like the rates anymore and most of good ppls aready quited with this way 100% gonna fail
    why should i waste my time on a private server like this
    i would go play int if i wanted play on low rates
    -MajorIG-
    -Developer-

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    181Posts

well you don't xD it is more for the people who do want to play on that kind of oldskool server. I saw the post on elite and it got 15 votes, so i guess 15 people will join

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    4Posts

Simple answer ;-)
    bcs Int isn't the same since 3rd job was added. Old Kal players can understand what I mean. It's not the rate or the players. We can make x100 rate but it wouldnt be old school. It's more the main feeling from 2006. A lot of players don't even know that there was a real job change for lvl 30 and 50 lol. They think there is always the job changer npc. Where duels was really based on skill by player who win. Old highland with storm party. This was the game we loved not the kalonline nowadays. All you have to do is to check the assasing movie from 2006, for example "kerpal" or "Xander" . This mage / knight owned a lot of players bcs they exactly knew how to play their class. Try to do assa now under lvl 100. You will die in seconds. Where the word party was real. To grind d3f6 all night long with full party,
    not to AoE with own MA in a party bug.
    I will try to bring this feeling back. If we fail OK but at least we tried and I lost some money to root.

But I can understand what you mean. If you have any ideas how to improve let me know :d
    I saw many buggy servers with a lot of online players, bcs the marketing was good. Vote bot and some social media shoots. I saw some awesome servers with less players bcs they dont made the server much puplic. Anyway the classic server team, we will do our best. I have some good old friends who will help. Our team is from x-perience, glorious and the real start, solle and babychu. We have all old emails from these server registration. We will do newsletters and stuff. Sure alot of them are inactive and stuff but if we can hit only 10%, the server will explode
    @majorIG, you are right. A server with 3rd and awaken with low rate will fail bcs all players want to rush to 3rd job - VoD - d6 and awaken skills but on classic server it is not necessary. All this is not included. There is no need to hurry to be lvl 91. You are done with 70 and all above is pure ownage. With lvl 50 you will have your second job change and this is the last :d.
    Ty for your opinion. See you on the classic server :D
    Last edited by xsekox; 18-07-18 at 05:13 PM.

True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    751Posts

well, that can work, but you should give the players something 2 do, like adding existing pvp systems from int
    Press on "Thanks" would solve spam problems in Threads. use it!

MemberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    4Posts

Yes, agree. I think new pvp will be a good add to classic

MemberRank
    Jun 2018 Join Date
    /home/TommyiLocation
    35Posts

Hey xsekox
    I'm working on a similar project in my free time ^^

Old KalOnline

I will open too server for players who love old kalonline from 2006++ ,actually my progress is like 60% :).I suppose I will not have as many players as other servers,but there are those who have the inspiration to come back to these times again.I will lead him for my fun and hobby :P,there will be only few thing from private server like teleport,shops etc :).
    New Hextech Version 2018
    Start from Complette Clean Files
    Most Up2Date Server
    International Style
    http://hextech.ovh

MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    BelgiumLocation
    11Posts

Hi kalonline friends, this may be a good idea to go back to an older version of the game but not to add the three job, the players do not like it, in my opinion. the servers must reduce the damage of the skills 3job and reduce the zones of games and bet more on parts where the players have fun to play, look for a good economy and make more pvpguild, anyway I wish you a good job and I will come back to see the evolution

BannedRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    189Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RelaxBoy View Post
    Hi kalonline friends, this may be a good idea to go back to an older version of the game but not to add the three job, the players do not like it, in my opinion. the servers must reduce the damage of the skills 3job and reduce the zones of games and bet more on parts where the players have fun to play, look for a good economy and make more pvpguild, anyway I wish you a good job and I will come back to see the evolution
    the problem with the 3rd job and nirvana skills is everyone seems to think they need to 1 hit the mobs with every 3rd job skill and they have 0 concept of the fact that skills are not SUPPOSED to just 1 hit everything around you when you use them.

so when you try to adjust the skills down to a "normal" way of using them the players immediately cry and start quitting the server.

MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    BelgiumLocation
    11Posts

I understand so the problem does not come from the game but many players I remember the time or we play assassin part because play alone is not posible

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    499Posts

I did think about it too, but doubt you would have many players. Sadly the new generation of player rather login - start npc - level 80.. 3rd job and done in less than a day. Not much fun. Lot asked me to remake a server and this is just not worth anyone time i think, Anyway if you do, Good luck.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    BulgariaLocation
    249Posts

Community is poison,even if you manage a really good balanced server etc,these egy guilds will want Donation Coins to play on your server,if you refuse,they just leave and your server won't be popular. If you give them DC they will be greedy and ask for more and they will want to control your server and tell you what to do and if you refuse,they just leave and fuck you up by showing screenshots of the conversation you had with them for "free dc". All the messages you will get are "i bring player here,any reward?" "i got net cafe,i make shops and fishers for you for more online,but give me DC". Simply this is KalOnline right now,noone wants to waste time to farm and play a long term server with constant updates and have fun without making wars in chat and be greedy and disrespectful to admins and others. Game is getting good with the updates int make,but the greediness is too much from the people.

MemberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    105Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuDiQKiLLeR View Post
    Community is poison,even if you manage a really good balanced server etc,these egy guilds will want Donation Coins to play on your server,if you refuse,they just leave and your server won't be popular. If you give them DC they will be greedy and ask for more and they will want to control your server and tell you what to do and if you refuse,they just leave and fuck you up by showing screenshots of the conversation you had with them for "free dc". All the messages you will get are "i bring player here,any reward?" "i got net cafe,i make shops and fishers for you for more online,but give me DC". Simply this is KalOnline right now,noone wants to waste time to farm and play a long term server with constant updates and have fun without making wars in chat and be greedy and disrespectful to admins and others. Game is getting good with the updates int make,but the greediness is too much from the people.
    True, they always ask for free stuffs.
    Their mentality: ]
    1) Download, register and open the game.
    2) Beg the hole day in fort, "me new, me need good armor insanity, me 1 kkk plaz".
    3) If no one helps, they ask to owner/gm's . "Me can be your support, me very good, you can gime donation plaz!?!?!"
    4) No one helps them "Kosomk admin, kosomk players a7a"
    5) Quit the game after 2 weeks beging and insulting others, go to tos , download a new game, and the loop starts again.

One day it gonna change.
    Like = Thanks! Cheers.

MemberRank
    Sep 2015 Join Date
    11Posts

May i ask how far is the server process? :D
    You have contact to Freestyl3r of XPerience? =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement