Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

graphic improving

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
maybe to use this adjuster , he has to use engine without hs (hackshield )
thats why people not using it right now , until somebody would do it within hs

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No the actual problem about that is, that it is pretty weird looking while walking.
85% of the current servers do not use the regular hackshield anymore,so that wont be a problem.
But that whole system is not developed enough. We checked it on our test server and honestly it just looked more shinny like bloom effect. just a bit more colorful but while moving the camera view or walking it was almost impossible to see anything. It felt like ur sitting in a fast car and driving with
2000 Km/h.

Cheers,
MrDreameR

Reaction score
No the actual problem about that is, that it is pretty weird looking while walking.
85% of the current servers do not use the regular hackshield anymore,so that wont be a problem.
But that whole system is not developed enough. We checked it on our test server and honestly it just looked more shinny like bloom effect. just a bit more colorful but while moving the camera view or walking it was almost impossible to see anything. It felt like ur sitting in a fast car and driving with
2000 Km/h.

Cheers,
MrDreameR

you know that you can configure it at SweetFX_settings.txt

Last edited:

ASN

Please STAHP!
Reaction score
It's all based on directx sdk, you could probably make blur/depth of field as addon adapted for kalonline, but that would probably require to understand how graphic display works in kal so that for example blur won't affect ui while moving the camera and so on, same goes to depth of field - how far it would actually blur the environment in the distance. I'd say it's possible to seriously improve the graphics of kalonline, but the question is, would anyone be interested enough to make such graphic tweaks work perfectly in kal itself.

Sweetfx and enbseries in action, not so good for kal anyway

Reaction score
i dont think enbseries is really good for kal xD this addon is good for racing games ..
i tried sweetfx alone and it is really good i hope people will use it since the ahnlab hackshield is useless

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why not find the engines directx hook and then code your own shaders? rarther then using a 3rd party program that will lag out your game? Not saying it hasnt improved the graphics 10 fold, but thats just my opinion. The more stuff you slam into the client... let alone server side.. the more unstable your client/server will be.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why not find the engines directx hook and then code your own shaders? rarther then using a 3rd party program that will lag out your game? Not saying it hasnt improved the graphics 10 fold, but thats just my opinion. The more stuff you slam into the client... let alone server side.. the more unstable your client/server will be.

that sf will lag only if you dont know how to setup, and the sf use the directx hook so the server has notingh to do with that

Reactions: Xca
Back