Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What happened with KalOnline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I recently got back here on Ragezone after many years away and I thought I'd drop by on KalOnline section again.

So what happened with KalOnline? I can't find a decent private server anymore, there is nothing anymore like X-Perience, Xiu and KalWorld which had many players and were amazing to play on. Aren't there any Old School servers anymore?

I tried to play on int kal again but it's lagging badly (I live in sweden), are the servers hosted in Korea or something? also, I couldn't help but to notice that everyone wants to get leeched to level 50+ and very few people are willing to grind by themselves.

Hopefully someone can answer these questions for me since im very confused right now.

Cheers,
Marcus.

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I run an oldschool one @ subglobal.net, but its empty because nobody wants to play good servers.
"Good Servers" are now x400-x700 rates, with x20 rebirth.
Donation g200 armor. Instead of modeling new grade armor, its retextured with rainbow colors.

The servers that have 200-300 online are total poop. Just to look around today, I downloaded one of the top 5 servers; a level 27 mob dropped 100,000 geons. WTF am i going to do with 100k from each mob?? You know what this does? It makes the economy broken and there is nothing good in shops because poop will be valued over 1 billion. Any server that has a banker that exchanges 1billion is a FAILED server and needs to be shut down. Any server that rebirths needs to be shut down. I understand your anger about all the servers being total poop right now but sadly, people currently want poop, so they will eat poop with a big poop smile and say "ned mor exp plis ned menoy $ ok or no visa?!!?"

I would recommend my server, but i do not, because theres only 5-8 online and nobody to play with. 2 of the 8 players always PM me "ned mor exp muny GEEF exp ok ot no??" Today, just to test a person, I said, "hey, want to make 22,000 damage?", he replies, "YES Ned mor damage ty ty". I banned him.

I want to poop into these people's mouth. They would like eating it too, because thats what they enjoy.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I guess it's impossible to gather over 300 people on an Old School server. People have become so spoiled, seen the same on SilkRoad Online.

Also, what happened to Bango Kal?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I run an oldschool one @ subglobal.net, but its empty because nobody wants to play good servers.
Donation g200 armor. Instead of modeling new grade armor, its retextured with rainbow colors.

The servers that have 200-300 online are total poop. Just to look around today, I downloaded one of the top 5 servers; a level 27 mob dropped 100,000 geons. WTF am i going to do with 100k from each mob?? You know what this does? It makes the economy broken and there is nothing good in shops because poop will be valued over 1 billion. Any server that has a banker that exchanges 1billion is a FAILED server and needs to be shut down. Any server that rebirths needs to be shut down. I understand your anger about all the servers being total poop right now but sadly, people currently want poop, so they will eat poop with a big poop smile and say "ned mor exp plis ned menoy $ ok or no visa?!!?"

I would recommend my server, but i do not, because theres only 5-8 online and nobody to play with. 2 of the 8 players always PM me "ned mor exp muny GEEF exp ok ot no??" Today, just to test a person, I said, "hey, want to make 22,000 damage?", he replies, "YES Ned mor damage ty ty". I banned him.

I want to poop into these people's mouth. They would like eating it too, because thats what they enjoy.

True with you ^^

Reactions: Xca
Reaction score
What happened to Kal?
It's old, that's what happened. People got bored and pservers had to innovate to keep people entertained, so new "systems" were created to keep people playing, and that led to where we are today.

Then just the pure fact that only a couple hundred people play KalOnline at all anymore also adds to the fact, it's a quite old game and it just can't compete in the MMO market anymore. Sad but true.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
All these new mmorpg's are boring and I prefer older ones. Certainly I can't be alone with this kind of thinking.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Spreading around your opinion is one thing but being so frustrated that your own server did not go viral and hating all the others is just embarrassing.

"The servers that have 200-300 online are total poop. Just to look around today, I downloaded one of the top 5 servers; a level 27 mob dropped 100,000 geons."

What kind of behavior is that please if you download 1 out of 5 but you call them all trash? what kind of conclusion is that? on what is that statement or opinion based?

"people currently want poop, so they will eat poop with a big poop smile and say "ned mor exp plis ned menoy $ ok or no visa?!!?" "

No, sir. It seems that you did not understand how the community and the players have changed in the last years. Everyone wants to lvl faster, get items faster and so on. All the server owners do (me included) is trying to turn their wishes into reality. If we all would make a server like you, yes maybe people would appreciate old school servers more, but there is also the possibility that this community dies because owners refuse to change things and make something that the player wants.

"Today, just to test a person, I said, "hey, want to make 22,000 damage?", he replies, "YES Ned mor damage ty ty". I banned him."

Do not wonder if people do not want to play your server if this is the way how you handle things. Being a server owner does not mean you're a god, It gives you the power to change something for good. Try to find the mistakes others did and fix them. All you do is trolling your player and calling them stupid.

I've read your posts until now because i believed we have almost the same visions about how to save this community but as i see you're just a big dissapointment and troll.
Go on, show your real behavior and insult me, ill not read this post anymore so i dont care. Enjoy insulting me.

Cheers,
DreameR

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Zoo-Online is a good server.. Fast level till you hit 130 then it gets hard.
But Zoo isn't just about leveling you need to grind for your gear :) Also has some nice systems.

I'm an old school grind freak but I found myself hooked to Zoo for a month or so, keep popping back on from time to time.
Also nice active staff an active GM's who check for hackers :p

I keep thinking about opening a low rate server but before I start I already know it will fail due to the community expectations.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Zoo-Online is a good server.. Fast level till you hit 130 then it gets hard.
But Zoo isn't just about leveling you need to grind for your gear :) Also has some nice systems.

I'm an old school grind freak but I found myself hooked to Zoo for a month or so, keep popping back on from time to time.
Also nice active staff an active GM's who check for hackers :p

I keep thinking about opening a low rate server but before I start I already know it will fail due to the community expectations.

It could work, but then again the key word is could. Tired of all these custom armors and stuff.. want a low rate server where g55 shouldnt be so easy to get, miss the times where everyone ran around with g50/g53.

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I quit ZooOnline after 6 hours because I got bored really quick. 6 hours and already Lv133? Crap armors, unbalanced trash grind fest.

I did make an x5,000 version of HellGate and opened it for 3 months and got over 2,200 accounts created. People were online and playing, but I didn't like how people leveled up so fast, they wanted more and more and more and then got bored (like zoo online). They stayed online even though they were bored, only because other were online. I was disgusted and wasn't going to allow yet another poop highrate server become alive so I did the responcible thing and shut it down but kept my medium rate server online.

Most I've had online on Hellgate (medium rate) was 45, but sadly people get sucked into high rates that are a Quick Fix like a drug. I refuse to create a Private Server OF a Private server. The people who play love it and even stay online when only 3 are online, on any other trash high rate, if only 3 were online they would leave, but on my server, they stay for months until they give up hope more will come. Defeated by poop vote hack and drug dealing high rates, but HellGate is strong, online since 5/4/2013 with more updates than any other private server in history.
Quality over quantity.

The kal armors have been unbalanced for years, it took me 5 days at 15-16 hours a day to invent original and perfect armor/weapon/mob formulas right down to the science. Removed all korean trash "kim-jong-un-gap" armors and translated the whole game into English. Removed all trash weapons from the game (g33,g50,g56, etc..) and kept only weapons that looked like armor (g53 diamond sword looks like g50 armor, so g53 sword is now g50) and corrected so many new things. I REMOVED all trash upgrade systems (Imperial, BOF, DSS, etc) and created my own (Royal, Blaze, Imperial, Rage, Violence). Every mob with now with true balanced calculated custom stats Lv1-140 like a real level progression, unlike x400-700 trash servers that use easy EXP calculators. A new armor system calculated down to the damn science for perfect balance. Lazy server owners that make high rates just add crap stats and retexture armors making new grades without calculation. g46 has always been lvl1, now g42 is g30 with lvl25-30 requirment, g46 is g40, g50 > g50, g55 > g60, g60 > g70, etc. All the way up to g120. Why did a g65 weapons look like g70 armor? I went ahead and made them the same grade cause they look alike. No server has done this. rebalanced and recoded 2nd job skills so that 2nd job skills stop upgrading at lvl120, 3rd job skills that dont stop upgrading at lvl90, but they upgrade from 70-150 so the skills dont end.

You can talk all the crap you want and worship lazy high rates, being good, but all a high rate really is, is a lack of content. Back before 3rd job was added, a high rate server would be lvl1-70 in 6 hours, now the Neo high rates are lvl1-130 in 6 hours. In HellGate it is still 1-70 in 6 hours. These year 2012+ servers are all Ultra high rates. When I add code to my website, even the top 10 server owners copy my code.

It all comes down to the taste of a player. Do you want to go to a chinese buffet where you get to eat all the trash you want? Or do you want to go out do a fancy diner, and dine on quality? I had a quantity server, but as a developer, I have higher standards, so I shut down my quantity server and chose quality. When TerminaOnline comes out, I expect that server to be a quality calculated server too, not some high rate trash with retextures crap. :)

Last edited:

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1 - 70 in 6 hours lol, im more leaning towards 1 - 70 in few weeks

with max lvl255 implimented, lvl70 is actually like lv30. unlike other servers, this one literally has lvl1-250 areas without the mobs being unbalanced. there is no "best place to level".
After lvl100, all mobs in the server drop items and give exp.
Example: lvl50 friend wants to play with lvl205 friend. they can fight and get exp/drops in d1/d2 areas together.
Level 100 takes about 3-4 weeks @ playing around 5 hours each day. (level 100 is the new 70 (in exp/time comparison))
lvl150 is about 3 months of consistant playing.
Lv200 8 months
Lv250 1.5-2 years.

skills: 2nd job recoded to having upgrades to lvl120 (so they are not useless after lv70 3rd job)
3rd job skills finish upgrading at LV150

EDIT: highest level is currently 95, player has been playing off-and-on about 4 months, so maybe its less exp/time than what im saying, but the rate is consistent.

custom pimping system (deleted korean DSS/BOF poop)
Mikloo - What happened with KalOnline? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will open an old school kalonline server similar to Xiu, X-Perience and all the older servers was which actually feels like Kal Online, no extra special systems and poop, no thief, no 3rd job, rare g55+ and stuff. The only thing I can contribute with is getting players and donating for a host if needed.

ASN

Please STAHP!
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will open an old school kalonline server similar to Xiu, X-Perience and all the older servers was which actually feels like Kal Online, no extra special systems and poop, no thief, no 3rd job, rare g55+ and stuff. The only thing I can contribute with is getting players and donating for a host if needed.

This isn't even worth trying, that kind of server would fail in a few days max, players expect you to have similar/better stuff to int server, cuz it makes them feel like they actually achieved something they couldn't on int xD Longterm oldschool server won't work, you could always launch a server and "make it" oldschool for a few days, till 1st war to bring the old feeling or whatever, but then you have to constantly update it, otherwise it will die.

That's how i see it :p

P.S let's not forget about how players think, no 3rd job = poop server, no matter what you do :D they got used to 3rd job and other addons so it's a must have:(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What happened to Kal?
It's old, that's what happened. People got bored and pservers had to innovate to keep people entertained, so new "systems" were created to keep people playing, and that led to where we are today.

Then just the pure fact that only a couple hundred people play KalOnline at all anymore also adds to the fact, it's a quite old game and it just can't compete in the MMO market anymore. Sad but true.

excuse me , not hundreds only ;)

these statistics had been taken by me in certain time
Hidden kal : Online - 409 Players
Kal Of persia : 240 Players
Zoo Online Player Online: 181
Hades kal : 52 Player online
Viper kalonline : 155
Xan Online : 190 Player online
Fusion online was 150+
Incredible was 100+
Shuurin kal 150+
KalShi 300 Player online

so thats over 1.5k i think
thats nice for old game like kal , the best one in my opinion
10 years for online game is really incredible , yea it's so

so yea , many people bored , but still new players coming up to discover the game also some other people are coming back
beside this dev forum had been created for keeping kal alive so ;)

Last edited:

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This isn't even worth trying, that kind of server would fail in a few days max, players expect you to have similar/better stuff to int server, cuz it makes them feel like they actually achieved something they couldn't on int xD Longterm oldschool server won't work, you could always launch a server and "make it" oldschool for a few days, till 1st war to bring the old feeling or whatever, but then you have to constantly update it, otherwise it will die.

That's how i see it :p

P.S let's not forget about how players think, no 3rd job = poop server, no matter what you do :D they got used to 3rd job and other addons so it's a must have:(

I agree. That 2-job kal is dead. It was fun though. People are used to the "1 button win" 3rd job poop.

Reaction score
excuse me , not hundreds only ;)

these statistics had been taken by me in certain time

so thats over 1.5k i think
thats nice for old game like kal , the best one in my opinion
10 years for online game is really incredible , yea it's so

so yea , many people bored , but still new players coming up to discover the game also some other people are coming back
beside this dev forum had been created for keeping kal alive so ;)

Well, regardless it's in a decline and I highly doubt they are getting new players, it's more likely that old players are coming back. KalOnline just don't have the advertising budget or word of mouth to compete with other games that are out there recruiting the exact same players. Hell even Runescape is doing better.

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Everybody is waiting to play SkyForge. One of the American InixSoft developers, Michael or whoever, joined the dev team.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I agree. Servers that are too high rate with this rebirth nonsense are really boring. Kal isn't meant for all this leveling and high grade armor. Makes the game highly imbalanced and boring. I think a decent rate for a server is 100x. It's pretty reasonable. I personally like server more or less closer to int. Shuurin wasn't so bad, but closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back