Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help urgent.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all sorry if im posting in the wrong section but im desperate for help now.

Recently i wanted to play kal again so i tried some private server but i had this problem. When i press start from the updater ther's always nth happen and kal wouldnt launch.

Im currently using window vista 32-bit.
Is there a way to fix this? Can i launch kal without updater?
Please help guys, thanks in advcance

Edit - i notice 1 thing, the private server that has engine.exe in the folder is the one i can play, those that doesnt have engine.exe in the folder i cant play. What do i do? ;(

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
check if engine.exe exist's and yes, you can launch without updater. dl Server Tools ( sticky ) theres a launcher called start.bat just put it in kal folder and launch.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, maakera. I did what you said. But it says that it couldn't find engine.exe. Is it possible that some private server does not have engine.exe? so far i only encounter 1 private server that does have engine.exe. What should i do now ;(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no engine.exe = no game

some anti-virus/security software love to delete the engine.exe

dont forget to add the engine.exe to anti-virus as an exception, right after unpacking the client files

Back