• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Need help urgent.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all sorry if im posting in the wrong section but im desperate for help now.

Recently i wanted to play kal again so i tried some private server but i had this problem. When i press start from the updater ther's always nth happen and kal wouldnt launch.

Im currently using window vista 32-bit.
Is there a way to fix this? Can i launch kal without updater?
Please help guys, thanks in advcance

Edit - i notice 1 thing, the private server that has engine.exe in the folder is the one i can play, those that doesnt have engine.exe in the folder i cant play. What do i do? ;(

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
check if engine.exe exist's and yes, you can launch without updater. dl Server Tools ( sticky ) theres a launcher called start.bat just put it in kal folder and launch.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, maakera. I did what you said. But it says that it couldn't find engine.exe. Is it possible that some private server does not have engine.exe? so far i only encounter 1 private server that does have engine.exe. What should i do now ;(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no engine.exe = no game

some anti-virus/security software love to delete the engine.exe

dont forget to add the engine.exe to anti-virus as an exception, right after unpacking the client files

Back