Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just wanted to say hi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm currently semi-playing CoreKal.

But I miss doing some of the php work I did here. Nothing major a few minor things here or there.

Is there any php functions/classes that people could use?

One idea I had used a few years ago, when working on a new server for myself, was a password generator.

Seeing how easily people take the databases from servers and then use those passwords on another server, I always wondered why people allowed users to enter their own password, instead of using a password generator.

I had one that used the allowable 8 chars, in the correct range of chars allowed by SQL Server.

Would that be of any value to anyone or pretty much boring, lol.

I have a lot of time on my hands.

Plus I miss being here for the numerous friends I have here. Or quite a few enemies too maybe, lol.

For those who don't know or don't care.

I'm LordJustice.

later all

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm currently semi-playing CoreKal.
Seeing how easily people take the databases from servers and then use those passwords on another server, I always wondered why people allowed users to enter their own password, instead of using a password generator.

Some of players always using new password for each server. About generator it should generate password not complete random e.g. whatever7u1 because if you generate every char random like "xNBen1wCT2" will be tough to remember, least for first times. And probably for younger players even mission impossible. xd

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
yo welcome back , they should've brains and keep changing their pws from one serv to another to avoid hacking and scamming

A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
wb.. I'm working on a new site for Kal as we speak xD

I didn't really think of this, but a simple 2nd password would fix this :)

Code:
If ($password == $password2){
echo "error: Your passwords can't match";
} else {}

:w00t: Simplez..

-- It wont stop people getting on the server tho :glare:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well here is what I remember.

All kalonline passwords can not be longer than 8 chars when entered via client or web, since it get's converted into a 16 char hexadecimal string, when stored into the database.

Well I had my php classes setup, so that when you registered, it would send you your password via email, therefore you could keep a record of what your password was.

Well is there an any other php coding that is needed or helpful?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well here is what I remember.

All kalonline passwords can not be longer than 8 chars when entered via client or web, since it get's converted into a 16 char hexadecimal string, when stored into the database.

SQL > kal_auth > dbo.Login > Edit
[Column Name] PWD
[Data Type] varbinary (16)

e.pk > login.dat
( page ( offset 65) ( word "Password") ( offset 13) ( edit pass ( width 6) (limit 16) (password) ) ( font 12) )

About website, also you can set it up custome char length example:

Code:
// Validate user password.
    if(empty($password)){
        $errors[] = 'Please provide a password.';
    }else if(strlen($password) < 6 || strlen($password) > [COLOR=#ff0000]16[/COLOR]){
        $errors[] = 'Password must be between 6 and 16 characters in length.';
    }else if($password != $password2){
        $errors[] = 'Passwords do not match.';
    }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back