Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kal inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Insane
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just finished a year at college (at 33 years old lol). I studied for a Diploma in computer science, including games development and programming. Finished with a Distinction* grade. :)
I will be going back for 2 more years, in September.
Since it was kalonline that prompted me to begin developing things for games, I thought I would pop in and see how the kal scene is doing... seems all but dead here now.
It is good to see that people started to use 3DS-Max rather than blender. Also good to see that people got the particle effects working correctly with models, I had to innovate a way to use the guild-flags crossed with the fishing-stone effect, to bring BoF effect into Coolkal if I remember right, (some years ago now).
Did anybody actually finalise a working emulator for engine or server? I could never understand why the kal guys could not just make a server emulator - which would keep up-to-date with the latest game engine from inix. The guys in the WoW section managed to do this sort of thing.
Are there any remaining active servers?
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to the old-school RZ kal guys n girls, for being a little part of the inspiration that has driven me to achieve, and to take on a new career path. I hope to be making some good games of my own in the near future.
Thanks,
Adam.

Doh! I thought I posted to the main section,
NM maybe a mod will move the thread.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would rather say that Justei inspired him to do that :D
It will be a better idea to create a discussion thread about kal histories/thoughts, kinda offtop to let people express there instead of creating new threads.

Cheers.

the Insane
Reaction score
I created a new thread to say thanks, not something a lot of you guys are familiar with doing.
Yes I did read some before posting
(which is why I mistakenly posted in the dev section / now moved thanks mod).
I do not see that this is a discussion about kal history. You want history, people started charging for their work (and plagiarism), all the old guys jumped ship. End of history lesson.
So, like I said, thanks for being some inspiration.
Feel free to give direct answers to the questions I had.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would like to tell you that , we had reached things we could not ever think of
we managed to start new engine server (thanks to nwk team , they barely did all sources)
and also , we've good coders , experts and much more
we're not dead , and im always active as well as too many members

Reaction score
The development part:
With all the respect for NWK server (great work), I think there was no running servers today unless R3volutioN was creating protections, 3rd job, systems and what not.
I can showoff stuff created by R3volutioN and it will take few days just to finish recording it.
You guys love heroes and showoff crap.
You will never understand who actually do something and who shenanigans.
It's funny how we always look at the past and say "Oh back in the days this community was better, great people with great releases" well... NO!
Nothing was different.

The community part:
The greed of the people in this community led to its destruction.
Endless of servers by endless of random people.
I can count on 1 hand the people who actually understand something about kalonline these days, all in here has no knowledge about something, just beggars.
It's amazing, this game, it's like the most retarded people around this world came to play kal-online.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The development part:
With all the respect for NWK server (great work), I think there was no running servers today unless R3volutioN was creating protections, 3rd job, systems and what not.
I can showoff stuff created by R3volutioN and it will take few days just to finish recording it.
You guys love heroes and showoff crap.
You will never understand who actually do something and who shenanigans.
It's funny how we always look at the past and say "Oh back in the days this community was better, great people with great releases" well... NO!
Nothing was different.

The community part:
The greed of the people in this community led to its destruction.
Endless of servers by endless of random people.
I can count on 1 hand the people who actually understand something about kalonline these days, all in here has no knowledge about something, just beggars.
It's amazing, this game, it's like the most retarded people around this world came to play kal-online.

this is the world
Generations receipt of generations , check r3vo , dragon and others posts some years ago , they were the same
we all start by this point being "beggars" as you call them , so we should help intsead of insult

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Somehow you're right, everyone started some Years ago but the difference is simple, 99% still running around and still doesnt know a poop about the Serverfiles but the other 1% made some great work sitting weeks infront of there Desk coding poop etc. All of you and this NWK poop annoys me and alot of other people too. They made some great work thats true but still why they are so special? There are by far better people outside then NWK since we only got our Hands on it because they fucked each other up and it was released withou the permission of all.

Without R3vo this game would be Dead already ( nothing against you Akamaru but im pretty sure Kalshi running on old/recoded Bango OS, still a good server GJ! )

My 5 Cent about this im out here,

PS: WB ronjambo, old member comming back home.

Reactions: zig
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back