Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kal Online Clean Files and Version History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've lost interest in Kal sometime in 2007, but have recently played with the idea to start looking into it again. This is why I am currently searching for old, clean server files with matching client and databases. Unsurprisingly, looking around the release section has only brought up dead links. So I'm hoping some of you who stuck around still have them, or a link to where I can find them.

Apart from that, I'm also quite interested in a Kal version history, so if anybody has any knowledge about this...

I'm now well into my cs master (quite dull & easy, which led to this...) and am actually not interested in setting up a server. I just want to up my rev engineering and java development skills (open source; documented; git). I actually found some sources where somebody has tried this already. Saves me a lot of research...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
hello buddy ... since you've been away for awhile , i'm pleased to tell you that , we've reached things inix couldn't achieve anymore
we succeeded to match the new engine with csockets and codes of mainserver and we could use new engine smoothly with 4 characters , if you take alook on tog , you'd find that beside , there is r3vo files , shinra files all of that are uncracked so you could learn from them if you're serious about that , take alook at release section , and if you insist on exe clean files , you could lemme know and i'd upload them for ya smoothly .. have a nice day ;)

ASN

Please STAHP!
Reaction score
Here's a link for exe clean files (old client)

About the new one, i'm not sure if there was a release of fully working leaked new engine repack

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Those are the oldest I could find as well, although I don't think it's the same server I worked with back in the day. Anyway, I did some more research and apparently many others have tried writing a server emulator while I was gone. The most interesting thing I found was people mentioning leaked server sources. Is this true and are they public? If so, I don't really see a point in starting this project.

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe Jake got the Sources from back old Kal. But its not public and will never be given out to someone.
You can get some Source of Emulators from different people on google.sources or github.
Some of them got the base working some dont.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alright. I'll be doing more research and analyze some more emulator attempts. Anyway, just planning should keep me busy multiple months. I'll be back some time in May.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That ASN repack shows me a VIRUS, dunno if I trust that :p

can any1 check that please

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I didn't bother downloading this one, as I already had the same from a different source. Just upload the file in question to and post the results. Usually it's just because of some odd runtime packer. The engine also gets flagged very often, simply because the underlying code is a mess.

Well, I scanned it. Multiple scanners flagged it as trojan/backdoor. I couldn't find any runtime packers (iirc Kal uses/used UPX, my memory is a little foggy though). Anyway, this is more or less a well known problem and I have yet to encounter a clean engine.

Last edited:

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A new 2016 mainserver and latest engine from GameAgit (inixsoft) will be created by a private investor in some months from now for an upcoming private server. You came back at the right time to see kal again. :)

ASN

Please STAHP!
Reaction score
A new 2016 mainserver and latest engine from GameAgit (inixsoft) will be created by a private investor in some months from now for an upcoming private server. You came back at the right time to see kal again. :)

Dude seriously wtf, what world do you live in, there will be no such thing, all they can do is match old mainserver with newest inixsoft engine, so please
RevEngKal - Kal Online Clean Files and Version History - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Even if that is the case (source?), as long as it's closed source I have not too much interest in that. I'm only here to improve my project planning and reverse engineering skills. I don't really expect anybody to join in before I have some aplha up and running.

Anyway, if anybody stumbles upon this thread...
Tools, Sources...

Last edited:

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Dude seriously wtf, what world do you live in, there will be no such thing, all they can do is match old mainserver with newest inixsoft engine, so please

Looks like you're not in the loop. 2 other people know about this then. do not post things you do not know about. :)

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It will be announced in some time from now. The server that ends all servers :D
New luring system, new pvp-level req. system, guild's able to declare 24h war on each other (and the guild PK is enable all over the world like a real war should be), dump old mainserver created new mainserver cleaner and faster no bugs. current inix latest engine with all latest commands bla bla. multiple Raids, dungeons, auction house (list items to NPC with price without needing to make shop), rent time/date gear like int bla bla (did it for the lols) and W,A,S,D movement. I won't share more about it, but RevEngKal, this is a good time for you to return to kal, amazing things are happening.

Also kalonline.com has been down for over 8+ days now, i believe their servers will go offline in time and that all will be left are private - which is good cause that will make the private server population boom. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back