Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Kal General stuff

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm totally new here and I said I will give it a shot with Kalonline server stuff - not to put it online I'm just interested in developing stuff. I was googling around and found stuff which is mostly old so if any of you would be so nice to put me on right path here.

So far I've noticed I need SQL so I downloaded SQL 2008 R2, I believe this is used for managing database, is this correct is there anything else you would suggest me to add to that?

Another thing for now is, do I need original Kal Online files on computer to work on Private kal Server? Or I need repacks.. ?

What about if I decide to make Kal Online server fully on my own without any repacks and stuff? Which scripting language is used? and what programs are you using to script ? (Notepad++?)

And overall your suggestions for me if you have any..? (such as which programs should I use, etc..)

That's mostly it for now ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm totally new here and I said I will give it a shot with Kalonline server stuff - not to put it online I'm just interested in developing stuff. I was googling around and found stuff which is mostly old so if any of you would be so nice to put me on right path here.

So far I've noticed I need SQL so I downloaded SQL 2008 R2, I believe this is used for managing database, is this correct is there anything else you would suggest me to add to that?

Another thing for now is, do I need original Kal Online files on computer to work on Private kal Server? Or I need repacks.. ?

What about if I decide to make Kal Online server fully on my own without any repacks and stuff? Which scripting language is used? and what programs are you using to script ? (Notepad++?)

And overall your suggestions for me if you have any..? (such as which programs should I use, etc..)

That's mostly it for now ;)

I think you need to take 3 steps back on the developing. Start with setting up the server by following the installation guides. It doesn't matter if you use a repack or a clean version of the server. The only thing different with someone else his repack is that they already have added there own twist to the server. Like new armours/maps/items etc. You do not need the original (2017) version since you (guessing after what you wrote) wont get it to work.

So play around with your server and get to know how the things are connected before you even start programming for it.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you somehow I managed to put server "online"
Can you help me with account? I mean how can I make it via database? and how to make that account admin? So I can log in and check what's up and later on I will try to learn how to do everything on my own such as mob spawns, health, dmg, drops etc.
Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thank you somehow I managed to put server "online"
Can you help me with account? I mean how can I make it via database? and how to make that account admin? So I can log in and check what's up and later on I will try to learn how to do everything on my own such as mob spawns, health, dmg, drops etc.
Thank you in advance.
to create account you can use koam or kosc both are released in release section
to make admin characters go to sql server/kal_db/players table in the admin place write numbers from 1 to 15, 15 for full commands, 8 for gm commands etc
feel free to contact me visa skype major3019 for more help

Upvote 0
Back