Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

KalOnline World Editor - List of Bugs/FAQ?

make Love, not War!
Reaction score
Dear community,

since KWE was released a bunch of bugs appeared.
I wanted to collect a list here with known bugs and maybe someone is able to fix them?
However, if ppl got a bug, they can check this thread if its a "normal" bug or if they did something wrong.

The most important and annoying bug for me is that you cant set values manually anymore...
I had 3 IPs of KWE and the free version destroyed the usage for me, same for many others i suppose.

Bug 1: Coordinates
Can not set Coordinates of Objects manually.
X Y Z.

Kind Regards,

Uppa

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tested the source of KWE and it can't be compiled :(.
Tested it with Delphi 7.

Reaction score
Yep I've noticed that many bugs appeared.
It seem like that the "Hide OPL" option isn't working anymore if you move mouse.
Also rotation is kinda buggy now you can't rotate in anyway ,
I think there is some more bugs but it not coming to my head right now , and yeah that bug with OPL position is really kinda annoying since you can't change Z position.

Paid version was way better :/:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It excist many tricks to avoid the buggs tho, and setting position manually works for me, same as moving opl objects in the z axis, im not sure what u guys are doing :))

Edit: Soz didnt see that it was the free version that was being retarded :p

make Love, not War!
Reaction score
It excist many tricks to avoid the buggs tho, and setting position manually works for me, same as moving opl objects in the z axis, im not sure what u guys are doing :))

Edit: Soz didnt see that it was the free version that was being retarded :p
You got a cracked version with working z positioning? :)

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
placing opl's in kwe isnt that hard.. just keep the z align fixed to the terrain height.. 9/10 times its what you want anyways. positioning just drag it manual on the spot you want.

also "disapearing" nodes usualy just jump down in the z axis( under the terrain ).. the way to fix that is raising and lowering the terain on that spot a slight bit and then drag the opl back on the spot with the z fixed to terrain height still on ( you can find the model under the terrain as mentioned before ).. it will pop straight back on it.

for rotation just do it manualy aswell. entering fixed numbers will not do anything.
and for scaling just copy the size you want out of notepad.. you cannot typ a [,] or [.] in the textfield.

also if you want to create a new kcm map.. load in a original one like narootuh and save it under a different name. and then just do with it whatever you like. the new kcm gen is seriously bugged.

if you want to load in new objects into kwe.. export the .3ds with flipped normals.. then it will show right side out ( the .3ds models normals get flipped on load )

Reaction score
hey if you dont have anything creative to add to anything anymore then just shut your Ducking face and go die in a corner somewhere you dusty old butt relic

i compiled it with no problem using delphi 7

gz u were able to compile the source, now the same question, will u or someone else fix it ?
I doubt it

there is a new breed of talented 3d artists around and there is no need for you around here anymore
Good.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know delphi even a little. Maybe someone can describe structure of formats which are being used in kwe if you got source.
It might be easier to start dealing with converters or plugins for things like sketchup, blender and any different free 3d editors than trying to fix kwe. Just asking..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not use Palu$ OPL Editor 3D? works perfect for me to, havent used KWE in along time since i worked with this editor ^^

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why not use Palu$ OPL Editor 3D? works perfect for me to, havent used KWE in along time since i worked with this editor ^^

Doesnt work for me :(

either that or i am just a total idiot (proberbly the Later xD) LOL

.............Also another error with KWE is that KSM editing even tho you save it... it doesnt edit the KSM

ToF

Master Summoner
Reaction score
here is the library required to compile KWE:

and here is a tutorial about how to install the library.

the KWE author sent me these links himself so there shouldnt be a problem.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey
can u say me pls where i can find KWE?
is now for free and i dont know how i can downloade it :(

Back