Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Must Have

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello, I would be interested what you must have in a server.

would be nice if you can write it down on a list like:

• 3RD JOB
  • WIS SoulDestruction

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
maybe
1 vs 1
3 vs 3
gvg
all 2nd re-written skills
1 vs 3
100 vs 100

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its rly hard to say what is needed. As we saw on Shuurin its not enought to have the most up-to-date files around.

These days most of the KalOnline players are " brainless", that means if someone keeps complaining about a thing over days on server chat and write sh1t like " The Admin dont care about us " only because he wasn't online for about 2 days, other players gets annoyed by him or start to think like him and they get a bit more inactive or even quit because of it and the server starts dieing slowly.
Also if you got one of the " famous " guilds on your server and they fail on CW and start complaining about that something is unfair in their eyes, the leader will leave after next CW and much players follow them. And once you got under 100 ppl online it starts with " The server is death ".

As you saw, the way to success is ( or could be ):

Admin that is 24/7 Online
Only winners at castel siege
New UI + Thief
New Storyline with quests(?)
Unique Stuff ( Areas, Monster, Quest, Items, Systems ... )

Its also about luck in my eyes ... cuz i had no clue why a.e. Hidden ( no offence about the creator ) always had as much players and thats over a " long period " lol

greetings Yah

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
2nd re-written - well some more Informations ?

1. Rewrite active skills and let administrator to make their own attack skill balance in server. For example, vaga PUS skill: (min&max p.attack + basic skill dmg) * (skill grade * procents). Example vaga min attack 400, max 600.
G1 PUS: (400+1000) * (1*0,2) = 1680 (min dmg) & (600+1000) * (1*0,2) = 1920 (max dmg)
G2 PUS: (400+1000) * (2*0,2) = 1960 (min dmg) & (600+1000) * (2*0,2) = 2240 (max dmg)
etc....
So we got PUS G1 dmg 1680~1920, G2 dmg 1960~2240, etc. The main idea is to let server administrators set their own skill configuration Allow to change basic skill dmg and dmg increment procent. Also some people need all skill dmg configuration in pvp, like G1 PUS (1680~1920)*80%= 1344~1536. In that case we got less dmg in pvp/cw/pk.

2. There is no more fun to pimp weapons or armor simple talismans (attack, otp, tod).I would like to have system like in Lineage 2 blesses scrolls. Let players to pimp weapon with attack/magic talismans but they all the time would have chanse to fail and weapons stats goes down till +0.

3. Like Plucky said, players need many events. 1vs1 already released, party vs party, guild vs guild, 100 vs 100, free for all (last standing), etc. As many evens kal server would have, as more fun would be. It's a bit boring to level up all the time.

4. PK/PVP system. I have already had my own pk system but it wasn't real time, it was by SP. Player get reward (which could spend somewhere) for killing other players in assassin mode. But that system need many checks: level differens, guild friend, same ip, same kill (don't give any reward if u kill that person 3rd time or something), time limit (no reward in cw or other event), etc.

I have more ideas, but I prefer to talk in real time.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
1. Rewrite active skills and let administrator to make their own attack skill balance in server. For example, vaga PUS skill: (min&max p.attack + basic skill dmg) * (skill grade * procents). Example vaga min attack 400, max 600.
G1 PUS: (400+1000) * (1*0,2) = 1680 (min dmg) & (600+1000) * (1*0,2) = 1920 (max dmg)
G2 PUS: (400+1000) * (2*0,2) = 1960 (min dmg) & (600+1000) * (2*0,2) = 2240 (max dmg)
etc....
So we got PUS G1 dmg 1680~1920, G2 dmg 1960~2240, etc. The main idea is to let server administrators set their own skill configuration Allow to change basic skill dmg and dmg increment procent. Also some people need all skill dmg configuration in pvp, like G1 PUS (1680~1920)*80%= 1344~1536. In that case we got less dmg in pvp/cw/pk.

2. There is no more fun to pimp weapons or armor simple talismans (attack, otp, tod).I would like to have system like in Lineage 2 blesses scrolls. Let players to pimp weapon with attack/magic talismans but they all the time would have chanse to fail and weapons stats goes down till +0.

3. Like Plucky said, players need many events. 1vs1 already released, party vs party, guild vs guild, 100 vs 100, free for all (last standing), etc. As many evens kal server would have, as more fun would be. It's a bit boring to level up all the time.

4. PK/PVP system. I have already had my own pk system but it wasn't real time, it was by SP. Player get reward (which could spend somewhere) for killing other players in assassin mode. But that system need many checks: level differens, guild friend, same ip, same kill (don't give any reward if u kill that person 3rd time or something), time limit (no reward in cw or other event), etc.

I have more ideas, but I prefer to talk in real time.

1) It's no problem for me to rewrite all Skills and make a Config file for it. - easy stuff but to balance the skill's is a crazy work. but well u did forget also the main attributes ? str,agi,etc...

Last edited:
Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I could possibly tell you what I would like to see on a Server I "would" play on:

- Low-Mid Rate
- Thief + 2nd Job only
- Balanced Droplist (for real, killing 50 Mobs dropping 3 G46 Parts isnt balanced for me, you know what I mean)
- Balanced Armor Stats (already spoken on RZ)
- Having back the awesome feeling to farm G46-G50 for hours and feeling epic if I drop one.
- Balanced PVP for all Classes (rewrite the Skills - You can never balance anything, just watch the community and take response

!!!!!!!!!!! The best reason I would play on a Server !!!!!!!!!!
- Advanced Craft/Farm System that keeps me farming and not getting bored by pure EXP-Grinding !
Weaps/Armors, Talis, Stuff only available by certain item crafting.

Craft System can be extended so wide like:
Farm 10 BoF, turn it in to get a 100% Chance to get BoF on your Part, and still having the normal BoF System with lower % Chance (maybe 6-7%) to Upgrade by a single BoF for the tryhard people out there.
Turn in 3 Legendarys to get a higher Legendary ToI with more % chance.
Turn in 5 Legendarys to get a 1 normal GulBahHan ToI
Give the player a opportunity to farm Items and reduce their "unluckyness" by giving them some more chances to get better Stuff.
The counter for sure, must be reduce the % chances on the existing Stuff to have them think about farm item or try their luck.
!!!!!!!!!!
- Standart G3 Speed running without Buffs ! (I really hate to run without G3 Speed)
- Some awesome PvP Events

If you need some more Informations about the Crafting/Farming System, or need some more ideas what could be you can always ask me for some more ideas ! (And I got a lot of them :) )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I could possibly tell you what I would like to see on a Server I "would" play on:

- Low-Mid Rate
- Thief + 2nd Job only
- Balanced Droplist (for real, killing 50 Mobs dropping 3 G46 Parts isnt balanced for me, you know what I mean)
- Balanced Armor Stats (already spoken on RZ)
- Having back the awesome feeling to farm G46-G50 for hours and feeling epic if I drop one.
- Balanced PVP for all Classes (rewrite the Skills - You can never balance anything, just watch the community and take response

!!!!!!!!!!! The best reason I would play on a Server !!!!!!!!!!
- Advanced Craft/Farm System that keeps me farming and not getting bored by pure EXP-Grinding !
Weaps/Armors, Talis, Stuff only available by certain item crafting.

Craft System can be extended so wide like:
Farm 10 BoF, turn it in to get a 100% Chance to get BoF on your Part, and still having the normal BoF System with lower % Chance (maybe 6-7%) to Upgrade by a single BoF for the tryhard people out there.
Turn in 3 Legendarys to get a higher Legendary ToI with more % chance.
Turn in 5 Legendarys to get a 1 normal GulBahHan ToI
Give the player a opportunity to farm Items and reduce their "unluckyness" by giving them some more chances to get better Stuff.
The counter for sure, must be reduce the % chances on the existing Stuff to have them think about farm item or try their luck.
!!!!!!!!!!
- Standart G3 Speed running without Buffs ! (I really hate to run without G3 Speed)
- Some awesome PvP Events

If you need some more Informations about the Crafting/Farming System, or need some more ideas what could be you can always ask me for some more ideas ! (And I got a lot of them :) )

nice, also the Doplist is a very big party I'm not sure if I could left the system as it is... well all know it, it's crap...

mhmm.... I may could add a "Feedback" function for the balance things... so I can response faster..

Farming System - some more Infos maybe ? I need to think if its possible ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All you need is a good team who are friends and who got their own skills.

Remember the good old days with servers that lasted years with only 30-80 Player on it because they were friends and always shared their time together.
I think its more important to create a good community instead of having stuff that is hard to balance or to explain.

People accept the things they know, if you flash them with new stuff. it mostly failed.
90% of the p-server people are just jumpers who need to find a server thats worth to stay with.
Reasons to stay are:
-friends
-updates
-transparency

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree with everything sung said except the crafting systems.

But the most important thing is to keep it Kal Online, grinding is included and it's alot of fun when you have a party in d1 and standing in a corner just bursting down masks. Exp should be around 5x - 10x imo.

3rd job or thief shouldn't be available at start.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bloodx said:
Farming System - some more Infos maybe ? I need to think if its possible ..
Easy hun, just some quest lines config edits etc etc and a few PK edits... not nessisarily coding needed for it ;)

Affenzirkus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly like Kally sad.
Its just some basic work on the configs without much coding.
But its a efficient way to have something unique a player could work for without offering too much of his luck.

I dont think the droplist is that bad as you told, but it could need some tweeks to get rid of the Mage farming domination

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1) It's no problem for me to rewrite all Skills and make a Config file for it. - easy stuff but to balance the skill's is a crazy work. but well u did forget also the main attributes ? str,agi,etc...

1.Well if you are able to count skill dmg by using realtime player attack points, min~max dmg, I think you shouldn't care about attributes. Some of skills, like SD should be based on winsdom, but for other i don't have any idea. Main idea would be, if you want have big dmg on p. attack - increase str, if you want more dmg on magic skills - increase int. That would be more simple then counting dmg by each attributes.

2. I think, all server admins need one very cool function - real time reload npc, monsters, items and other files. So administrators could make faster server progress while making new features. Also, if I find new bug in working server, I shouldn't restart whole server, I just do reload.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Action house in game
Reborn system in game
Raid system like allods online :p
2 factions - and players killing othere factions npc ,gen allods :))
all to be in game not website...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dun know what people really like, but i'm gonna talk about myself,

• I dun like playing solo, also i prefer it if the party not going well, So you need to revive the party play, Which means you have to...
• Revive the CJB! (not with her own revive skill)

• i don't like having the highest grade, max pimped .... I like always to have target trying to reach, so you will need to make them a little harder BUT...

• Don't make it hard, i hate when i play as knight for example and take years to reach level 30~

• I hate those -Wow my hp is 150k- armors, So -if- you're going to add new armors you need to study the growth rate between the original grades, and follow the same rate in the higher grades.

• As same as armors, the monsters, if you're going to add new monsters balance them, make some easy with low exp, some hard that require party and commi for party play.

• Don't let me walk for hours to reach some place o_O

• Don't make donators gods..

• I'm sure you're not going to do that but i wanna make sure ... NO SPLASH AREAS!!!! -.-

- For website ideas contact me, That kind of ideas not for share, just for successful servers -

Best Regards,
J3lackSwOrD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
drop system(each person gets his own loot) and exp system gain revamp (egg exp/drops even if player didnt got aggro at end of kill)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you need money to support the this project ill be happy to help out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One thing is on my mind since... 2005 (really back then I start to think about it)...

Modify shop system on global / and private servers to:
Player can set the shop (online) and logout by clicking exit the game and leave shop opened.
And when player is logged out on account server side keeps his shop opened.
Or 2nd way to make it real is:
Player logout at certaing position x/y/z (which are stored on database).
He is logging in on website and set the shop useing all items on inventory (or/and storage) and set the item list with prices and server logging in avatar (even NPC in game with player base avatar with player model (not really need to be stuffed like player - can be random or clean base class character) with tag+player name (example: <Shop>Mihu) with items and prices like You set up on website.

This system would be greate for 2 main reasons:
1st is that You don' need to keep PC/Laptop on and online to sell stuff
2nd main reason is - It could show what big community is on specific server.

Imagine global server back 2004-2006 on fort and cop when You couldnt click on "ground" to move to other side of the city... It could bring back old good times (that what we all search staying and playing KalOnline).

It is one of my best ideas (I never talk about other ones) but I don't have "tools" and knowledge in programming to make it happen. But when my 2 sons will be older and I will have time maby I will back to my work with KalOnline and try to make it real... If community will live that long.

Greetings. (Best servers are made by analytics and research before "copy and paste" released things. Keep up good work.

Back