Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just a question...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think I have an idea on how the thinking and planning goes.

"Okay we have the same topic areas in all these game areas, some should be just unified and make less hassle for us to work and deal with."

Well trying to fit a square into a round hole, can be attempted, but is not always the wisest choice.

What is your goal? To keep things easy to clean and maintain? Sure that's understandable.

Easiest solution, shut down ragezone, then you will never have to deal with any cleaning or maintaining again.

:)

The goal of the community should be about growing and nurturing that community, make it conducive to encourage people to participate.

Yes keeping things organized and well maintained makes sense.

But what may make total sense for one community, doesn't mean it makes sense for all.

Each community moderator team should have a set of goals.

1. How can we grow this community.
2. How can we easily deal with spam and incorrect posting to wrong areas.
3. How can we make this a fun place.

Now granted you have a ton of some small, some medium and some big sized communities, but they are rarely inter-related.

Some of us just are not interested in a wide variety of mmorpg's. That may be what you are about and for.

But not everyone has the same interests.

So let the people who moderate each community, make plans, set goals, and work out their own systems for how to grow and manage their communities.

Give them the responsibility, accountability and recognition for their work.

You as the overall leaders should set general objectives, events, planning and organization of the big picture.

But let the community leaders and moderators manage the small picture.

Because when you mandate solutions for communities that you personally know very little about, you will have a high chance of making things worse not better.

IF you see problems, let them come up with solutions. But give deadlines.

Just my two cents.

I have seen both ways of a team recruitment poorly thought out, and not well organized.

A universal recruiting thread is just going to get very disorganized and chaotic, and make it harder for people recruiting for a specific game to find other people for that game.

That's just cold hard reality.

It's your server, you run it, but doesn't mean you always have the best solutions.

And I'm not saying I'm always right, but i learn from my mistakes, and I ask people's opinions and listen.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I think I have an idea on how the thinking and planning goes. "Okay we have the same topic areas in all these game areas, some should be just unified and make less hassle for us to work and deal with." Well trying to fit a square into a round hole, can be attempted, but is not always the wisest choice. What is your goal? To keep things easy to clean and maintain? Sure that's understandable. Easiest solution, shut down ragezone, then you will never have to deal with any cleaning or maintaining again. :) The goal of the community should be about growing and nurturing that community, make it conducive to encourage people to participate. Yes keeping things organized and well maintained makes sense. But what may make total sense for one community, doesn't mean it makes sense for all. Each community moderator team should have a set of goals.

1. How can we grow this community.
2. How can we easily deal with spam and incorrect posting to wrong areas.
3. How can we make this a fun place.

Now granted you have a ton of some small, some medium and some big sized communities, but they are rarely inter-related. Some of us just are not interested in a wide variety of mmorpg's. That may be what you are about and for. But not everyone has the same interests. So let the people who moderate each community, make plans, set goals, and work out their own systems for how to grow and manage their communities. Give them the responsibility, accountability and recognition for their work. You as the overall leaders should set general objectives, events, planning and organization of the big picture. But let the community leaders and moderators manage the small picture. Because when you mandate solutions for communities that you personally know very little about, you will have a high chance of making things worse not better. IF you see problems, let them come up with solutions. But give deadlines. Just my two cents. I have seen both ways of a team recruitment poorly thought out, and not well organized. A universal recruiting thread is just going to get very disorganized and chaotic, and make it harder for people recruiting for a specific game to find other people for that game. That's just cold hard reality. It's your server, you run it, but doesn't mean you always have the best solutions. And I'm not saying I'm always right, but i learn from my mistakes, and I ask people's opinions and listen.

Okay and where is the Question?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Okay and where is the Question?
Good question :eek:

set general objectives, events, planning and organization
As far as I've noticed, Kallyanna took (or not, dunno if she had same idea before you made the topic) one point of your "ideas". I'm talking about event/contest. As you can see people aren't so intrested. Why? Who knows. But maybe I'll help somehow, got some own ideas too :d . Correct me if I'm wrong.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My question is in related to the change in the Team Recruitment thread.

If you see, it has been moved to this MMORPG Extras Area.

Which will make it far harder to see specific kalonline oriented recruiting ads/posts.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i do like the idea of the Events thread, certain events might not be as popular as most but meh its worth a try :p

Unfortunatly I cant do anything about the Team recruitment thread :/

Madison asked me to make some changes in a pm ....
Madison said:
I see that thread has been around for a while, but I just wondered if there is some reason why the team recruitment wouldn't work. It would be best to do it the same as all the other sections.

Unfortunatly there are some guidelines i do have to follow.. if a Super Mod says jump... and its a fairly reasonable request.. you ask how high :p

Sorry guys.. I know its an annoyance... however was asked to link it to the "proper Thread" :S

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
If it really doesn't work for your section then go back to the one thread. However, in one thread there isn't any room for feedback and updates and what not. Users would have to go to the End of the thread to find the latest servers, instead of the beginning of the section.

The forum search works pretty nice, and if the users actually put [Kal] as the thread title (like the rules in that section say to), then it should be easy to find the Kal servers.

So give it a fair chance, and decide in a month or so if it is working for you, then either stick with it or go back to the one thread. (but it would have to be one thread)

Thanks

Back