Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

This section an our new mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
First I just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job..

I have a couple of problems or things to get off my chest! :$:
Since I returned to this section couple of weeks back I have been given 2 warnings/infractions an I finding really hard to understand some of these rules..

Not replying to threads that not had a post in 2 weeks..
Ok nice rule but.. In the release section a link goes dead an I want the release so what do we do?? normally we would relpy for a re-upload an someone within this section who has the files would kindly upload it an post a link..
Well I have done this on boths sides. Requested a upload and uploaded for a request, both of which got me an infraction or just got removed..
GREAT!! so all releases in our section are now set to die if no-one posts in the thread in 2 weeks?? I think this is really bad an our section will just not be worth keeping open.
Its a perfect rule for the help section an the main section etc but the release section :thumbdown:

I also got infracted for a post in the dev section for a server i was planning to make. The infraction said advertising a server?? Hmm well yes ok but it wasn't even open an not even made, it was a dev topic to get an idea of what people wanted an their ideas!! Ah well.

I'm guessing I may get infracted for SPAM now with this post but I'm so passed caring now I just wanted to say something, This section will die with this mods if a little leniency isn't put in place when it comes to keeping download links active :huh:

HEADS UP, WARNING TO EVERYONE
Download every single release cos if you don't an 2 weeks pass without a reply an the link goes dead you are screwed!

Droppy said:
Hello ToXiC L33T,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

==========================================================================
Post ID: Not sure if this is the files but give it a try :)......
Thread: R3volution Server Files
Reason: Thread bump therefore messages deleted.

Not Ling said:
Hello ToXiC L33T,

The following thread that you created has been deleted

Thread: Real-Kal Server project
Forum: Kal Development
Reason: Advertising.

If you have any questions, you can ask an administrator for assistance.

Sincerely,
The RaGEZONE - MMO development community staff

Not Ling said:
Dear ToXiC L33T,

You have received an infraction at RaGEZONE - MMO development community.

Reason: Wrong Section
-------
Hi there,

This is a clear way to advertise your new server, which should be done under the Server Advertisement section (https://forum.ragezone.com/f888/).

Please post in this section from now on for advertising.

Cheers,
Not Ling
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
REMOVED

All the best,
RaGEZONE - MMO development community

Droppy said:
Dear ToXiC L33T,

You have received a warning at RaGEZONE - MMO development community.

Reason:
-------
Warning - No Points

Hello user,

Please do not post in a thread that the last message was at least two weeks ago.

All yours,
Droppy
-------

Original Post:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f315/protection-3rd-job-gvg-100vs100-1049871-post8477269/#post8477269
Anyone got this working?? I'm working on a local server project an want to play with it... PM me pls

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
RaGEZONE - MMO development community

Droppy said:
Hello ToXiC L33T,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

Post ID: Anyone got this working?? I'm working on a local server......
Thread: Protection + 3rd Job + GVG + 100vs100 + Instance + Pet
Reason: Thread bump, therefore messages deleted. Do not post in a thread that is at least 2 weeks old!

Last edited:
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello there brother ,

You could try giving a private message to the section mod , asking him permision to reupload a working link , that's one .

Or you can simply report the post using this symbol
nKIqOdB - This section an our new mods - RaGEZONE Forums
and report the dead link or provide a working link through that so the mod may comment the new link while giving credits to you :)

Just some suggestions though .

Thank you <3

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Well that would work I guess +1

Sorry I was just airing.. been here since mid 2007 an in the last 2 weeks I never been PM'd so much about warnings an deleted posts. Infact since 2007 till 2015 (back couple weeks) I have only got 1 infraction for a link in my sig.. I just feel a little violated xD

Or you could just go to help section and use the Request thread :p:

Mentioning visor: @Shoelace

Droppy I'm not being funny with you but if you knew this section like most of us, you would know most of the people here never go in the help section cos you get flamed with newbie replies. Most people keep clear.

Reaction score
Well that would work I guess +1

Sorry I was just airing.. been here since mid 2007 an in the last 2 weeks I never been PM'd so much about warnings an deleted posts. Infact since 2007 till 2015 (back couple weeks) I have only got 1 infraction for a link in my sig.. I just feel a little violated xD

It's all fine mate, our section got a lot of issues in the past few months, it even got deleted for a while because of lack of order. It got a lot of months without a moderator either (around 7 months, give it or take), so I'm sorry if it seems harsh, we are just trying to keep this clean.

All yours,
Droppy

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I personally think the rules aren't made clear enough regarding necro posting. I allow people to necro post if the post is contributing since our supervisors EXPLICITLY asked us to NOT delete contributing and use full posts, even if it's necro posting (This is how we handle it in MMORPG Extra).

I'm not going to say that the moderators are in the wrong but if you really posted new download links then you shouldn't be warned or infracted. Just keep in mind that some moderators strictly enforce the rules which means you can't bump a thread that hasn't received any posts over 2 weeks. I think this amount if fairly low tough. Anyways I suggest keeping your head cool for now and we'll bring this up in the team.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If links in a release thread are dead, the correct procedure is to make a new post in the Request tread, linking to the thread with dead links.

If you want to post new links for an existing, dead link thread, then do so in the release section with a link to the thread that contains dead links.

#Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back