Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What does a server need?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me guys, what does (in your opinion) a server require nowadays to be a success?
Please leave out comments like votebot, haha!
I am only asking about InGame things.

Well I can tell for myself that I guess a good droprate (not too high, not too low),
Balanced classes (no OP class)
mid/high rated exp
Quests to achieve new things,
Weekly maintenance to fix issues or include updates,
An active Team of GMs which can be reached at almost any time

Tell me your ideas! (please no trolls who say "kal is dead bla bla")

Reaction score
its require nothing except stable connection to let addicted neo kids play 24/7 with thier friends :)
if ure going to open an unique server you have to bring something new something better and never seen before :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
new events , new unseen systems , selfmade maps too , new quests with variable gifts
new storyline will be cool too

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Balanced classes.
NO NO NO NO NO.... Each class has their own reason.. don't stuff with the game.
Each person plays a char knowing its ability (Unless you're new to game, You HAVE to play each char before having valid input). A person who plays a char and complains later is just pissed at themselves because they've just found out they're retarded and don't know how to play Kal, OR the Admin/GM has tried to manipulate the damage and failed so terribly that characters can 1 hit each other.

My advice on "Balanced classes"

P.S
If you do try and play with damages, Never forget : Percentages.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Balanced classes.
NO NO NO NO NO.... Each class has their own reason.. don't stuff with the game.
Each person plays a char knowing its ability (Unless you're new to game, You HAVE to play each char before having valid input). A person who plays a char and complains later is just pissed at themselves because they've just found out they're retarded and don't know how to play Kal, OR the Admin/GM has tried to manipulate the damage and failed so terribly that characters can 1 hit each other.

My advice on "Balanced classes"

P.S
If you do try and play with damages, Never forget : Percentages.

I actually agree with that statement!
Thats why I would rather go with the original armor/weapon stats than manipulating them. It only makes things worse.

I would like to know your opinion on the rates. Should a good liveable server be high rate? low rate? mid rate? How fast should people level to 90 for example?!

Please consider that my question does not ask for your personal interest but for your experience and knowledge about the Kalonline community. What do the mass want?

Thanks in advance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
in my opinion you should make new storyline for the low lvls.
i mean like old days.
have a look over the int:
at the beggining it was about the doggebi's (look how much doggebies npc you have in the game)
then they made a Dungeon (d1 at this days)
later d2 was open (wasnt a success in my opinion)
and then it was the d3 that took the buisness around.
and so on...
why low levels? becouse then the achivment will be skills+items and not just items.

** try to learn how to rip objects from outher games - should be helpfull for a creative look.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I actually agree with that statement!
Thats why I would rather go with the original armor/weapon stats than manipulating them. It only makes things worse.

I would like to know your opinion on the rates. Should a good liveable server be high rate? low rate? mid rate? How fast should people level to 90 for example?!

Please consider that my question does not ask for your personal interest but for your experience and knowledge about the Kalonline community. What do the mass want?

Thanks in advance.

Mid rate servers seem to last the longest, generally 100x works good.
If you go Mid rate, Ensure that you level from 1 - 71 without GM powers before releasing, Having g50-55 armor on a priv server at level 7x is not a good look.
I believe quests for any jobchange should be abolished, Give people the option to go questing, as not all have unlimited time like some that play.

Just ensure you cater for the general public.

Reactions: Yui
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
do you guys prefer old files or this new things ?

I think about an old style server - just with more options to spend the game time , farming stuff for upgrade or something. like wow is doing it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if you ask me you shouldnt pack it with too many custom features and maps. keep it close to the int server. i havent played kal for some years now so i dont know about the new features from inix and ofc you should only copy the ones that are healthy for the game.

if i remember correctly a private server that was very populated in "recent time" was legend of kal(2012?). it was very successful even though nothing was custom made. having a clean game with decent rates appeals to most players. custom maps often look weird cause their style differs from the original kalonline world.

even though it made the game imbalanced, 3rd job should be included aswell. it might be possible to play around with player and monster defense to make it a good pve skill and not onehit everyone in siege pvp.

Xca

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've seen people asking for an oldschool kal server for a little over a year now.
Kal is simple, so kal players like simple. One area, but I need somebody who knows how to edit dungeons in 3Ds MAX.

Yui

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A lot of people asking for a low rate server? That's new to me. The only 'low' rate server that is online and stays online right now is new nation kal and I believe that's due it's TranXs server. All the other low rates that tried recently have failed. I heard a lot of people saying that if they want to play low rate they could play on the international server and that they want to level fast because they know how to level characters to ~70 (that's also due to the 3rd job). I personally have nothing against low rate servers, as long as everyone else levels as slow as I do that's fine with me, but that's different for a lot of people.

Back