True MemberRank
    Mar 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    404Posts

talk Open Source C++ library!?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hey folks,
    I wonder if the kal community is interested in an open source C ++ library.
    I would be willing to share my current library with everyone.
    But only if there is serious interest.

If there is interest and you are willing to work with me and expand it, I would open a new thread in the development area and post a part of my current library where everyone can post additional features or suggestions for improvement.

I would also be willing to publish everything I have ever programmed for kal.
    I do this only when there is serious interest in it.

Together we can achieve more and I would be glad to share my knowledge with everyone.

Let me hear what you all think about the idea.
    -Darn

True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    908Posts

Re: Open Source C++ library!?

Sure they are, but only to leech it all. Waste of time, everyone can just use cracked r3vo repack which already offers many features. There is no base to work on and even if there was, you'd be probably working on it alone. Can't you see this section is kind of dead?:P r3vo pretty much killed any kind of variety, competition, imagination with his copy paste repack that spread like a virus, no one tries to do anything on their own, zero efforts.

So yea, share it all, but don't forget to release it as ready to use .dlls, cuz that's what you'll be asked to do :D

MemberRank
    Jan 2016 Join Date
    154Posts

Hell yea we need this again. I'm in.
    Last edited by Swiftdeath; 09-06-17 at 09:59 AM.
    Save your Kalonline files for free @ Kal-files.com

True MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    305Posts

i would love to see it shared. <3

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    111Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ASN View Post
    Sure they are, but only to leech it all. Waste of time, everyone can just use cracked r3vo repack which already offers many features. There is no base to work on and even if there was, you'd be probably working on it alone. Can't you see this section is kind of dead?:P r3vo pretty much killed any kind of variety, competition, imagination with his copy paste repack that spread like a virus, no one tries to do anything on their own, zero efforts.

So yea, share it all, but don't forget to release it as ready to use .dlls, cuz that's what you'll be asked to do :D
    Nobody has any imagination anymore ???

Well if we had a GOOD non backdoored base to work from that is UNIVERSAL and everyone can figure out how to use the fuckin things ( unlike r3vos shitty pack you mentioned ) maybe we could be more creative !!!

I myself am a very creative person with my servers but this has not been able to be done because of the lack of working shit to try and make anything creative with ....

You guys seem to think everyone should be a coder and know how to make everything on their own but the fact is not everyone has that ability !!

The only answers to everything around here anymore is MAKE IT YOURSELF, MAKE A DLL FOR IT, IF YOUR NOT A CODER THEN FORGET ABOUT IT ...

GREAT words of wisdom to keep a community going !!!

Yes there are alot of greedy leechers but there always has been that has NEVER changed and NEVER will but if you allow that to kill a whole community then you clearly were never part of the "community" to begin with !!

Back on point of this thread ....

I think this would be a great idea to not only further the community but to also get more people interested in learning to code especially if they are coding for the same base and can get familiar with working on one project instead of multiples

True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    EgyptLocation
    327Posts

Great idea, i'm very interested in programming and i believe there's a lot of people here interested in it too, so sharing would be good for the kal community to learn, help each other and grow.

good luck everyone :)

MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    RDP/RootLocation
    85Posts

and ye for whice version of kal old engine ? 2012 , 2016? current 2017? it getting really annoying with unpublic versions of kalonline its better to create a uptodate public server like old people did before with the first released kalonline files its my point of view so we can do things for the current public kalonline version

True MemberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    396Posts

here some random stuff, I did write some time ago. Maybe anyone need smth.

Somestuff.rar

MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    RDP/RootLocation
    85Posts

thanks for this well organized source

MemberRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    51Posts

I think it would be kinda cool to compile all the sources everyone has and work out a library concept with those. From what I've seen pretty much everyone has used different approaches for their stuff.

If we had a guideline how to go about adding stuff to the library, that'd be neat.

As someone who has added things here and there to my source over time I'd like to see what you got so far and if I can contribute anything.

I'd also like to create some sort of checklist for the new client files: Fixes necessary, Missing features server side etc. compared to what we already have.
    Last edited by Dieter123; 31-05-17 at 01:08 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    SomewhereLocation
    67Posts

Nice to see that all the 'old' developers are replying back. The reason I stopped working on my addons is because there isn't a stable base around there atm. Only something you have to pay 250 euro for, which is kind a ridiculous in my opinion.

I suggest we should create a clean stable repack, like Exe's repack a back while, but then with the new client.
    Put some basic functionality like the current addons in it and build it up from there. I'm willing to contribute my time and effort again If i have a stable base to work from, and not a base that has backdoors everywhere.

Well anyway, I hope you guys feel the same and maybe we can bring the Kal Community back to life

True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    604Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reorganize View Post
    Nice to see that all the 'old' developers are replying back. The reason I stopped working on my addons is because there isn't a stable base around there atm. Only something you have to pay 250 euro for, which is kind a ridiculous in my opinion.

I suggest we should create a clean stable repack, like Exe's repack a back while, but then with the new client.
    Put some basic functionality like the current addons in it and build it up from there. I'm willing to contribute my time and effort again If i have a stable base to work from, and not a base that has backdoors everywhere.

Well anyway, I hope you guys feel the same and maybe we can bring the Kal Community back to life
    NWK files include basic functions, and it is opensource, but not stable

MemberRank
    Jul 2016 Join Date
    111Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TranX1337 View Post
    NWK files include basic functions, and it is opensource, but not stable
    Where is it ?

I did not even know you released it. Is it the new engine ?

True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    604Posts

i did released it? no lol, was a project from kealy, erik, sirix, alexei etc.

it was the first "new engine" project in kal developed by members from ragezone, they made it completely opensource then, after that others did start to work with it or learn from it, im not 100% sure but guess all other new engine servers only exist cuz NWK released their files, like bango from revo and lafreak, shinra from akamaru etc

€dit: im not a coder at all, just did made a small addon with alot help from Darn, alexei (Stiker), revo lafreak bloodx etc.. im a noob with that kind of stuff ^^

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2006 Join Date
    at homeLocation
    2,320Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TranX1337 View Post
    i did released it? no lol, was a project from kealy, erik, sirix, alexei etc.

it was the first "new engine" project in kal developed by members from ragezone, they made it completely opensource then, after that others did start to work with it or learn from it, im not 100% sure but guess all other new engine servers only exist cuz NWK released their files, like bango from revo and lafreak, shinra from akamaru etc

€dit: im not a coder at all, just did made a small addon with alot help from Darn, alexei (Stiker), revo lafreak bloodx etc.. im a noob with that kind of stuff ^^
    It was leaked, not really released.
    Known from SolleKal, SwordOnline, New World Kal and Trinity Kal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement