Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

No point in titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After nearly 10 years in this section I've seen a lot of poop happen, a lot of great and poop mods come and go, However... The past 12months have been an embarrassment and the management of the board has been a joke... As I login today i see EVERY post closed, Is this correct management? Or is this yet ANOTHER weak minded power abusing emotional soft penis moderator? I don't know, as I don't actually know the current mod, never seen him (dont take it personally).

I find it cute that ALL the community based topic have been removed. You wonder why no one cares? You want people to hang around? Give them something other than Kal Online to talk about. We play this game together, We talk together, we don't need to communicate with the rest of the board, we want to communicate with like minded people, meet new people who are joining our community. See that as a negative if you want, Go ask the hardest metal head in the world to talk to pop princess for 10years and enjoy it...

There has been a massive ripple effect. I believe it got a lot to do with bad decisions, mainly directed towards childish mods and power abusing volunteers. (We all hate them, be honest)

I've lost interest in continuing. The morale behind this... Have rules to protect the fragile minded people, how ever stop forcing rules upon the whole population to suit a minority. It is, in it's own sense, a backhanded version being Un-fair.

The enjoyable part of this, When you Infract/Ban me, or Close/Delete this thread... You will have proved my point.

Reaction score
Before you take this as an attack. You need to take a deep breath and actually look through this section.
1. Development, Help, Tutorials, Release sections... the majority of the threads are Not Closed.
2. The "General" / Main section for Kal Online has a lot of Closed threads on page 1 and out of those the majority are old, off topic, threads such as Looking for Moderator, etc...
3. The other "General" / Main section for Kal Online pages past page 1... There are "Some" Closed threads, but in all actuality anything over 2-4 weeks could be Closed. Keep in mind 2-4 weeks and it is considered Necro'ing a thread to reply based on Forum Rules. Other threads that are just Off-Topic and General conversation (90% or greater) have either little feedback or are so far off topic its not worth leaving open.

Where are the "Important" Mods, Releases, Tutorials, Help, Development threads that are Closed?
The answer is, they are not. So there is no reason for getting so upset.

If you have an issue, as the Rules state, PM a Moderator or Super Moderator with your concerns. Posting threads such as these are not the proper way to get "positive" feedback. You've been here far longer than I have and should without a doubt know this to be true.

Perhaps "Constructive" feedback would had worked (not that you should rewrite the thread, you should had PM'd a Moderator or Super).

Anyway, frustration happens on any forum.
The way you're going about handling it isn't exactly a "positive" change or constructive.

***NOTE***
1. I've used capital letters to "highlight" my key words, not to insult or throw negative impact in my reply.
2. I hope this reply comes across constructive, as well as, easy to understand.

PS. I'm not a Mod and Developer rank has nothing to do with any administration on this forum. I'm sure you're aware, but I want to make clear I am in no way authoritative or making this reply with any type of attitude. :0)

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
After nearly 10 years in this section I've seen a lot of poop happen, a lot of great and poop mods come and go, However... The past 12months have been an embarrassment and the management of the board has been a joke... As I login today i see EVERY post closed, Is this correct management? Or is this yet ANOTHER weak minded power abusing emotional soft penis moderator? I don't know, as I don't actually know the current mod, never seen him (dont take it personally).

I find it cute that ALL the community based topic have been removed. You wonder why no one cares? You want people to hang around? Give them something other than Kal Online to talk about. We play this game together, We talk together, we don't need to communicate with the rest of the board, we want to communicate with like minded people, meet new people who are joining our community. See that as a negative if you want, Go ask the hardest metal head in the world to talk to pop princess for 10years and enjoy it...

There has been a massive ripple effect. I believe it got a lot to do with bad decisions, mainly directed towards childish mods and power abusing volunteers. (We all hate them, be honest)

I've lost interest in continuing. The morale behind this... Have rules to protect the fragile minded people, how ever stop forcing rules upon the whole population to suit a minority. It is, in it's own sense, a backhanded version being Un-fair.

The enjoyable part of this, When you Infract/Ban me, or Close/Delete this thread... You will have proved my point.

This is a development forum. If you want social media, join Facebook or start a Skype chat with your friends.

All threads that had been closed were done for a very good reason. The most common reason being members
starting to flame and insult other members. If you have an issue with any particular thread being closed, contact a Supervisor.

This forum is not an outlet for members' IRL frustrations, nor is it a platform for insulting and/or fighting with other members. If anyone has the uncontrollable urge to spam, go do it in Spamzilla.

Thanks.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just wanted to have my input on this to clarify some things from my point of view (being this sections mod).

As stated in previous threads, the Kal section has been in disarray quite a few times, and at one point was even password protected.
Since @LucasArts and I have taken over the section, we have become more and more relaxed over time, as we were told this was a wild section sometimes, thus we came in under the impression we had to be tight.

I understand your frustration, and I understand why you chose to create this thread.
We close most of the main topics in the root section of Kal because they are usually unrelated to Kal, and we would love people to use Spamzilla as a communication platform for other various topics. (It's also a great place to hang with other members, and find like minded people).

I hand out thank you's to informative and role model type members of the Kal community and try to keep things clean for everyone's viewing pleasure.

I hope this clarifies my perspective on the matter, and I hope you can still find the Kal section as thoroughly enjoyable as it always has been.

Cheers, Valkyrie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back