Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

3ds max 2018 export files

Reaction score
Updated the max plugins for gunz to work with 3ds max 2018. I haven't been able to test the entirety of this, however, just based on the broken h'town .max file released on here a long time ago, it seems to work fine. If there are any xml elements that aren't output properly, just lemme know and ill tweak the code.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I've thought about implementing an importer, and honestly there's 2 reasons I probably won't.

1. it's a pain in the butt, and i cba to read 3ds max's documentation to write one.
2. not having an importer means that graphics devs have to be actually good at what they do, as in, creating their own objects, rather than just using an imported object and tweaking it.

Reaction score
Yes I know.
The main problem for which sometimes I see necessary an Amount of an ELU object in the 3Ds Max basically is to take scala reference not always depending on the metric units that have been configured the 3Ds max, an object can come out bigger than one Of the other and one of the biggest reasons for the implementation of new sets through the reference of the Models.

Reaction score
Yes I know.
The main problem for which sometimes I see necessary an Amount of an ELU object in the 3Ds Max basically is to take scala reference not always depending on the metric units that have been configured the 3Ds max, an object can come out bigger than one Of the other and one of the biggest reasons for the implementation of new sets through the reference of the Models.

Thats some word salad but i think i get what you are trying to say.
Maiet used the metric system and by default 3ds max is set up with the metric system.
Male gunz characters have a height of 178 (or 1,78 meters which is about (not exactly) the average height of a american male).
Female gunz characters have a height of 169 (or 1,69 meters which is about (not exactly) the average height of a european female).
As long as you give your biped the correct corresponding height and you match that with your new set model you shouldnt be able to fail.
Once you know these sizes you can create reference dummies yourself and export them as say a .obj to use them when ever you need them.
This also carries over to maps and items, the only time there is a different scaling is when it comes to interface elements (hp panel, kill accolades, reload message etc.) where its mostly 1:1 on a 1024x768 (the interface was/is based on that resolution (at least originally)) sized plane thats centered to the world.

Reaction score
Thats some word salad but i think i get what you are trying to say.
Maiet used the metric system and by default 3ds max is set up with the metric system.
Male gunz characters have a height of 178 (or 1,78 meters which is about (not exactly) the average height of a american male).
Female gunz characters have a height of 169 (or 1,69 meters which is about (not exactly) the average height of a european female).
As long as you give your biped the correct corresponding height and you match that with your new set model you shouldnt be able to fail.
Once you know these sizes you can create reference dummies yourself and export them as say a .obj to use them when ever you need them.
This also carries over to maps and items, the only time there is a different scaling is when it comes to interface elements (hp panel, kill accolades, reload message etc.) where its mostly 1:1 on a 1024x768 (the interface was/is based on that resolution (at least originally)) sized plane thats centered to the world.

hey man, i had a quick question if you don't mind answering. I've been trying to test this thign myself, but it's a bit difficult due tome having limited knowledge on using 3ds max. How the hell do i add collision to an object?

Reaction score
How the hell do i add collision to an object?
You dont "really", objects themselves have no collision, if you want to have collision for moving objects like npcs you need to look into npc/quest code.
NPCs in quests have a basic cylindrical collision set in npc.xml, goblin for example has <COLLISION radius="30" height="110" />.

If you are talking about map objects, those also dont have a collision themselves, their collision (if needed, ie fire is a map object (due to txa) but obviously is not solid) is included in the maps collision.
(Example; look at stations collision & map objects (the crane hook) )

Reaction score
You dont "really", objects themselves have no collision, if you want to have collision for moving objects like npcs you need to look into npc/quest code.
NPCs in quests have a basic cylindrical collision set in npc.xml, goblin for example has <COLLISION radius="30" height="110" />.

If you are talking about map objects, those also dont have a collision themselves, their collision (if needed, ie fire is a map object (due to txa) but obviously is not solid) is included in the maps collision.
(Example; look at stations collision & map objects (the crane hook) )

Yeah i see, you just create the object, and I guess gunz handles the collision based on the objects name, ie, if hide or pass are in the name, does different things. I'll leave mapmaking to graphics devs, too complicated for me lol.

C:\User\Secondary\Desktop
Reaction score
I'm exporting my head, trying out in maiet viewer and keep crashing what is the problem, i add in gunz, my gunz crashing, Object working but if i'm working with biped character then crash, how to resolve it? :$:

jetman82 - 3ds max 2018 export files - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm exporting my head, trying out in maiet viewer and keep crashing what is the problem, i add in gunz, my gunz crashing, Object working but if i'm working with biped character then crash, how to resolve it? :$:

This plugin is only intended for 64bit gunz runnables, you'd need to use 3ds max 2013 for your exports to work, 2013 is the last one to have 32bit support. Unless you can somehow find 3ds max 2018 32bit sdk, but afaik it doesn't exist. this is really intended for experimental servers that are willing to implement 64bit in gunz like i have.

Edit:

atleast, that's what my guess is, b/c i tried it in x86 before too and had th e same issue.

Last edited:
Back