Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CoD Hit Marker

In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is actually my first release that deals with source files. I have test this as well as one of my friend on Skype tested it, God Of Sun. He told me it is pretty useless to release this, but who cares. A change would be useful in my perspective. This release is just the basic of the hit marker that is similar to Call of Duty. There are couple edits that you need to apply before using this.

Source edits

ZGame.cpp

Find:
Code:
if(pTargetCharacter->GetStatus().Ref().nCombo<2) {
			// hit ÀÌÆåÆ®
			ZGetScreenEffectManager()->AddHit();
		}

Replace:
Code:
if(pTargetCharacter->GetStatus().Ref().nCombo>=0)
{
	//hit_target.tga.dds
	if(ZGetGame()->m_pMyCharacter->GetItems()->GetSelectedWeaponParts() != MMCIP_MELEE)
		ZGetScreenEffectManager()->AddHit();
}

Client edits

1. Replace your fx_myhit.wav (effect.mrs) with the one that I uploaded. This just basically make the sound as CoD's hits. I think I need to make it a bit louder, but you can do that on your own if you know how to deal with audio files.

2. Replace your ef_hit.elu and ef_hit.elu.ani with the one in this release in your combat folder (default.mrs). You don't have to change anything with your hit.tga.dds because it will mainly use hit_target.tga.dds (also add it in your combat folder).

Preview:
DLqaQis - CoD Hit Marker - RaGEZONE Forums

Download:

Credits:
~ Me: Mesh files, a little edit in the God's source edits ('>=0')
~ God Of Sun: Finding the source edits (fully)

Note: My animate of ef_hit.elu fades away in 0.5s I believe. Kinda slow if you ask me.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He told me it is pretty useless to release this, but who cares.

That's just another way of saying "please don't release because I want to keep it for myself and look cool". Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the release, thanks for releasing. There will always be people that will implement it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Very nice if you ask me, however it looks a bit wide when u hit, maybe theres a way to make it smaller. but heh, thanks for releasing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That's just another way of saying "please don't release because I want to keep it for myself and look cool". Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the release, thanks for releasing. There will always be people that will implement it.

your wrong, because i told him it's not that special, and i don't use it. i don't even like it. other than that people always misunderstand my words.

anyway good release.

Last edited:
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
your wrong, because i told him it's not that special, and i don't use it. i don't even like it. other than that people always misunderstand my words.

Then I stand corrected.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get where hes coming from, its what u usually do.

In Progress... FFXIV...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very nice if you ask me, however it looks a bit wide when u hit, maybe theres a way to make it smaller. but heh, thanks for releasing.

You would have to edit the hit_target.tga.dds to make it smaller (don't edit the resolution of course).

It's mainly God's credits. I just did the mesh and animation. And my fault because I didn't quite remember God's exact words.

Back