Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DarkGunZ Unpacked Full

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Right ok first of all, yes you are correct, but that sometimes in a lot of servers just tends to be the back end, the source etc... Big servers like dark gunz create their own items/graphics/models and even code new features. We have a source here to try and improve and build upon, trying to make the game as unique as possible, not every server should be the same. So your point is invalid when it comes to those conclusions.

well nice point you have there only a couple servers are doing fine but thats it anything innovative not really because community still use the same stuff.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well nice point you have there only a couple servers are doing fine but thats it anything innovative not really because community still use the same stuff.

Its a matter of 'amount of work' against 'amount of reward'. The amount of people playing GunZ is getting smaller and smaller, most people serious about development are simply not interested enough in an audience this small. So small changes are made, not big ones.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Secondary,

You tried to prove what? That you aren't a script kiddy by releasing content that's already public? You targeted me by calling me a script kiddy. Regardless, I can see you're nothing and not worth anyone's time.
I changed the encryption on the dgz files. Any leaked packers and unpackers you have are useless now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's nothing special about D.G they're using Abby Gunz source and interface. I just liked one of their maps forgot the name.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get. You consider this a poop client yet you release it. You know people aren't going to like it so why do you even bother posting this thread. (Not trying to poop on the DG client, old or new one, I have no idea what the developer team over there is doing at the moment) Seems to me like you just made this thread to show how ''boss'' you are. I don't think these kinds of threads are what we need in this section. This is partially the reason a lot of people stopped developing for GunZ.

I'm actually requesting this thread to be closed. Phoenix Do whatever you see fit sir. (Even if that means my post gets deleted :D )

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get. You consider this a poop client yet you release it. You know people aren't going to like it so why do you even bother posting this thread. (Not trying to poop on the DG client, old or new one, I have no idea what the developer team over there is doing at the moment) Seems to me like you just made this thread to show how ''boss'' you are. I don't think these kinds of threads are what we need in this section. This is partially the reason a lot of people stopped developing for GunZ.

I'm actually requesting this thread to be closed. Phoenix Do whatever you see fit sir. (Even if that means my post gets deleted :D )
True, it's a childish act.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's sad seeing this happen when I know with 100% of certainty that this could have been easily avoided; in fact, Dark Gunz's player count could perfectly be above Universe Gamers at the moment, which is still the most populated server despite all their issues.

Going back in Gunz History, back in 2012 when DRGunz's 'host' destroyed DR as a whole by deleting the 7 year old DRGunz database for no valid reason, Nick/Wooaf proposed a merge between communities, which I gladly accepted along with my colleagues and community. We've all instantly topped Dark Gunz's player count from 200~250 to 450 players. But when we started to enforce rules it was truly horrible, all hell broke loose because we couldn't have known nor guessed that some individuals were above the very same rules they were assumed to enforce or follow.

I'm not trying to start any flame war against those who acted wrongfully, because nowadays there's no point in denying what truly happened back then, I always admit my mistakes, and no one can say otherwise because that's just the way that I've always been, it's stronger than me, and I simply cannot state lies as well.

In reality, I can only thank Nick/Wooaf for seeing the truth behind all the lies (including my forum account session being hijacked to delete several user accounts in a funny attempt to 'frame' me) and for having the genuine and unique kindness to register the daemonsrebirth.com domain for me, along with kindly giving me a webserver from his own hosting company so I could restart DR along with the community that elected me as their leader and that I've been leading since 2008 when our Founder Mackintosh had his ownership literally robbed from him.

On a personal level, Nick, even though DRGunz's previous host kept DDoS'ing daemonsrebirth.com's webserver, forcing you to ask me to follow my own path because such criminal acts were damaging you and Dark Gunz - I hope you know that you will always have my utmost gratitude, along with the gratitude of the entire Daemons Ring community that has been around since 2003 when Mackintosh released DR's Ultima Online.

You truly were just, fair, and honest with us during our roughest period. When my motivation broke, your kindness brought DR back to life. We probably wouldn't be celebrating 10 years of Gunz this month if it wasn't for your - I'm beginning to find myself at a loss for words - Unique and transcendent act of benevolence.

Thank you, Nick, for everything...

May Dark Gunz rest in peace, for it was indeed an honorable place once; and it will always be remembered as one of the best Gunz private servers. May this be my tribute to Nick/Wooaf, its share of good and lawful players, and Dark Gunz itself.

Real or virtual property is bound to fade and crumble, but an ideal will always be remembered.

Reaction score
It's sad seeing this happen when I know with 100% of certainty that this could have been easily avoided; in fact, Dark Gunz's player count could perfectly be above Universe Gamers at the moment, which is still the most populated server despite all their issues.

Going back in Gunz History, back in 2012 when DRGunz's 'host' destroyed DR as a whole by deleting the 7 year old DRGunz database for no valid reason, Nick/Wooaf proposed a merge between communities, which I gladly accepted along with my colleagues and community. We've all instantly topped Dark Gunz's player count from 200~250 to 450 players. But when we started to enforce rules it was truly horrible, all hell broke loose because we couldn't have known nor guessed that some individuals were above the very same rules they were assumed to enforce or follow.

I'm not trying to start any flame war against those who acted wrongfully, because nowadays there's no point in denying what truly happened back then, I always admit my mistakes, and no one can say otherwise because that's just the way that I've always been, it's stronger than me, and I simply cannot state lies as well.

In reality, I can only thank Nick/Wooaf for seeing the truth behind all the lies (including my forum account session being hijacked to delete several user accounts in a funny attempt to 'frame' me) and for having the genuine and unique kindness to register the daemonsrebirth.com domain for me, along with kindly giving me a webserver from his own hosting company so I could restart DR along with the community that elected me as their leader and that I've been leading since 2008 when our Founder Mackintosh had his ownership literally robbed from him.

On a personal level, Nick, even though DRGunz's previous host kept DDoS'ing daemonsrebirth.com's webserver, forcing you to ask me to follow my own path because such criminal acts were damaging you and Dark Gunz - I hope you know that you will always have my utmost gratitude, along with the gratitude of the entire Daemons Ring community that has been around since 2003 when Mackintosh released DR's Ultima Online.

You truly were just, fair, and honest with us during our roughest period. When my motivation broke, your kindness brought DR back to life. We probably wouldn't be celebrating 10 years of Gunz this month if it wasn't for your - I'm beginning to find myself at a loss for words - Unique and transcendent act of benevolence.

Thank you, Nick, for everything...

May Dark Gunz rest in peace, for it was indeed an honorable place once; and it will always be remembered as one of the best Gunz private servers. May this be my tribute to Nick/Wooaf, its share of good and lawful players, and Dark Gunz itself.

Real or virtual property is bound to fade and crumble, but an ideal will always be remembered.
You are like a few months late m8.

Back