Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ODBC Registerpage V2

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was bored and i still had the basics of the prevorious so i thought ... why not create a better regpage then the current ones.

Features:
- You can easiliy put YOUR servername in it. (Just edit $servername)
- Same for the Account and Login table. ($accounttable and $logintable)
- IP Banning manually. (No database, just a matter of removing comment lines and putting the IP in it.)
- Banned Accounts are IP blocked. So if you ban someone, they can't register again under the same IP Address they've played with.
- E-mail check. No more fake emails.
- Age check. Checks if the age if numeric.
- It checks the Username and Email. If they're already in the database, an error message appears.

Tutorial:
1) Unpack the .rar (Duhhh)
2) Put the regpage in your www folder. (Or htdocs, w/e.)
3) Edit the variables at the top. (Servername, accounttable and logintable).
4) Edit the ODBC connection.
5) There is no 5th step. You're done!

This will be the last PHP script from me, apart from the shop i'm working on. I'm done with GunZ, i was just bored. Don't expect me to help you via PM with errors. (Apart from errors with this script).

I guess i'm clear about my copyright. If you don't want the copyright, then don't use this regpage. Easy enough.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Waiting for a website register script, which will never happen because ODBC kinda sucks for that stuff.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
i likey =]
9/10, since u did it when u were bored,
so u might of been able to add another feature xD

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Waiting for a website register script, which will never happen because ODBC kinda sucks for that stuff.

Bwah. It works fine. It's the easiest way of connecting a MSSQL db.

i likey =]
9/10, since u did it when u were bored,
so u might of been able to add another feature xD

I'm lazy at the same time.

Reaction score

ODBC is the Best connection For a Site and a DB :D Troubles pm me :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not what I meant. ODBC sucks for remote connections from outside sources, for instance, an actual website? You can use iframes and links to link to your hosted files (via apache or someshit) but its still not a remote connection meaning you cant create scripts which link forums and the gunz database together, which would be awesome.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wat do I edit in the ODBC Connect Im Kinda a Newb Sorry :D Please Help

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
open start click run(for vista users just click start then click on the seach bar at the buttom of the start menu) then type: odbcad32

you should alredy have a GunzDB in user DSN
you now need to make one in system DSN so click that tab then
click on 'Add'. Another window should pop-up. You'll have to scroll all the way down to the bottom and select 'SQL Server' then click 'Finish'.

Another window/form will pop-up needing information for your Data Source. For the name, type 'GunzDB', for the description you may type whatever you like, but for the SQL server you which to connect to, you must go back into SMSE*, look in the SQL Editor tool bar and click the 2nd icon which will disconnect you from data engine. Now click the 1st icon which will re-connect you, but make sure to copy the 'Server name' this time, then click 'Connect'.

Now having that in hand, you can go back to creating your ODBC and in the 'Server' text input, paste in your server name. Click next since the settings are currently fine. Now in the next part, click on the tick box and select 'GunzDB' from the drop-down menu and click 'Next' and finally click 'Finish'.

If you would like to check your data source, click 'Test Data Source...' in the window or you can just click 'OK' to finish. Now to completely finish it, click 'OK' again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Warning: odbc_exec() [ ]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]La conversione del tipo di dati da char a datetime ha generato un valore di tipo datetime non compreso nell'intervallo dei valori consentiti., SQL state 22008 in SQLExecDirect in C:\wamp2\www\index.php on line 176

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Make RegDate varchar(50). (Modify the Account table)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just one thing, when it creates an account, it says error in bold at the top :p

Edit: fixed by creating a clone function from gtfo, i named it accountcreate and instead of error I wrote Success. See attachment.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then make it

gtfo($title, $wut)

And do it like this

gtfo("Succes", "Account created");

Just search the error in the gtfo function, and replace it with $title.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that would work too. Thanks

Back