• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Release]Textures for GtkRadiant.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
For anyone thinking of making a map in GtkRadiant you may find this useful.

All I have done is taken all the worthwhile Gunz map textures and converted them to 24bit tga files so you can use them on your own maps. Saves you time doing it yourself.

Choix - [Release]Textures for GtkRadiant. - RaGEZONE Forums

The only textures missing are ones that would never be of any use without the original model such as car textures.
The pack still contains 161 textures for you to have fun with.

Download:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

To install simply place the textures folder into your baseq3 folder (usually in C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3). Then restart GtkRadiant.

Happy mapping.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey i saw ur picture in your post you change the map thingy were u put the stairs..how you do that??

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Weird. I put them in the baseq3 folder, and they're not showing in GTK.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice but will be better if u teach us how config the gtk for made maps for gunz :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yea would be great!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
nice but will be better if u teach us how config the gtk for made maps for gunz :)

I will write a guide for using GtkRadiant when I figure it all out myself, I am still stuck on model skins.

Weird. I put them in the baseq3 folder, and they're not showing in GTK.

Well first you should check you extracted the textures folder into the baseq3 directory and not just the individual folders. (such as Walls/Floor etc..)

I think I remember you saying you used a x64 OS if it is anything like mine then for some reason GtkRadiant makes a Quake III Arena directory in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). If you only tried to install the textures in one of the locations try the other since it may be reading it from the wrong place. Or alternatively you can just go to Edit > Preferences > Paths and make sure the correct path is selected.

I know these are just simple surgestions you probably already thought of but I don't know what else could be wrong.

If it still doesn't work check your console for error messages.

hey i saw ur picture in your post you change the map thingy were u put the stairs..how you do that??

Stairs are quite simple just create a small box and resize it to the shape of your first step with the resize tool (Q). Once you have the shape of your step just copy and paste it and then move it to where you want your 2nd step. Rinse and repeat.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've had alot of experience with GTK in the past, as far as i can remember, highlight a brush (Shift+Click) and press spacebar to duplicate the brush quickly.

Mapping for GunZ looks easy, cuz it doesn't have any entities to fool around with.. :p

Choix, how does the lighting work, btw?
I might go mapping again when i'm tired of the old ones! :D

GrtZ^

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Guys, stop asking how to make Gunz maps. No one but Legion has the map converter right now, we're all waiting for him to release it. I'm assuming Choix is simply preparing for the release with a few maps so he'll have something to play as soon as it's released.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Moderator, you said than a man have the .mrs converter?

Oh! I'll search for it right now! And I'll release it for us ;D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Look here people: Software - Format Converter (p4-2)

If i'm sure, there have the .mrs converter (SSI DOS-Based M- or S-Probe)

Now, let's search for it!

It's no where near that simple, just wait for Legion to finish his map converter.

This thread is for GtkRadiant maps not for compiling a whole new Gunz map. You guys should just be patient and if you have a map idea make it now and by the time you are finished maybe the map compiler will be released.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
while waiting why don't you guys do like me? look for beginner's tut for GTKRadiant using my best friend : Google

[google]GTKRadiant Tutorial[/google]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok guys, while, I'm making new maps.

That's my first map:
:closedeye

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
cool! can't wait for Legio to release his stuf!!

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Any ideas? Everything is in the correct path, and it shows the texture names in the list, but it gives that error and then the textures just say NO SHADER FOUND.

Back