Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Refined GunZ Source - Public Git - 2007 source

The Sky's the Limit ^_^
Reaction score
Building on from Arcelor with his post here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f311/psa-stop-wasting-time-1150781/

If you would like to get a 2007 server going, now you can with this 2007 source. A lot of work has gone into this, and while many bugs still remain, you can get a stable server going with this.

Features
  • 3 netcode modes:
  • Server-based -- (Unfinished) No direct connections are established, hit registration is done with lag compensation on the server. Only enabled if game_dir in server.xml points to a valid game directory that contains animation and map files
  • Peer to Peer Antilead -- Peer to peer, attacker does immediate hit registration
  • Peer to Peer Lead -- Peer to peer, target does immediate hit registration
  • Voice chat - Default key hold down K to chat
  • Passwords hashed on the client with BLAKE2b and on the server with salted scrypt
  • Remade chat -- Resizable, movable, copyable text, unlimited history, transparent background
  • Basic info update rate per second increased from 10 to 33
  • Spectator mode
  • Portals
  • Compatible with either SQLite or MSSQL
  • Gladiator changes more info .
  • Registration at the Login Screen
  • Can run multiple replay versions (e.g: official v4, v6, v7, v10 and v11; Freestyle Gunz V7 (both formats), V8, V9 and V10; and Dark Gunz V6.
  • Supports fullscreen, borderless and windowed mode
  • Dynamic resource loading -- Clothes are loaded individually as they are required, not loaded all together when you start the game. This reduces load time and memory usage.
  • Supports Gunz 2/RS3 maps

New Game Modes (which you may have seen elsewhere):
- Gun Game - On each level, you get given a different set of weapons, there is a file in the server files which allows you to change the weapons and add more.

- SkillMap - Skillmaps contain start and end zones, track your time, and teleport you back to the start zone when you fall. Will have a time record list in the future. Other players are partially transparent and cannot damage or push you.

Get Started:
  • Download the client, server files and the source here:
  • Read the guide on how to set it up here:
  • Visual Studio 2017 with Windows XP support and ATL/MFC support. You can download the free Community edition at . In the installer, select the "Desktop development with C++," and on the right under "Summary," select "Windows XP support for C++" and "MFC and ATL support (x86 and x64)."

Just remember a lot of bugs still remain, but they can be fixed if you have c++ knowledge.

Credits:
grandao for http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/release-development-rsx-realspacex-1060866/
Jetman for gun game gamemode
Crawley (I believe they go by this name?) - for the refined gunz source

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
add in you config.ini fix db, and delete server.xml

[DB]
DATABASE_TYPE="MSSQL"

[SERVER]
GAME_DIR=""IS_MASTER_SERVER="1"

the last update of this project I create an error where I can not change the encryper, for sure if another wants to use it could not, I want to upload this project with the BLAKE2b and my server delete it but also, create the php scrpyt to be able read the same

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What bugs exist in the source? I noticed a lack of shotguns which is easily fixed by adding them to shop.xml. The interface is also small. Other than those I haven't noticed much yet.

I'm retired, I'm already
Banned
Reaction score
This is functional, I just say it to find out if it really brings all this, not to open a server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
son, if normal if you want to ask me for fb :v

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help.

I tried to install CMake from latest and back to old version as refined gunz minimum version stated.
GzFKoron - [RELEASE] Refined GunZ Source - Public Git - 2007 source - RaGEZONE Forums

I also did tried the newest. I uninstall the old and install the new (All users).
GzFKoron - [RELEASE] Refined GunZ Source - Public Git - 2007 source - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@myro , I do not recommend using this since it has a nat error, not solvable if you do not know programming, if you can not solve CMake, you can not do anything since this source is very different from the other

Back