Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Get rid of kill message in Korean when you're an Admin Spectator

Reaction score
Hi. I've noticed that a lot of servers still have this when they're streaming matches and it's a very simple fix so I'd like to share it with everyone. This will prevent your game from showing the ugly message whenever someone kills another player and you're an observer with a higher grade account.

I don't have a screenshot right now but it resembles this:

PersonPerson ½Â¸®, SecondDude Æйè

Anyway, it's pretty ugly, right? If you want to take it off completely, open your Gunz solution, go to Game -> ZGame.cpp

Search for this:
Code:
        if (ZGetMyInfo()->IsAdminGrade()) {            MMatchObjCache* pCache = ZGetGameClient()->FindObjCache(ZGetMyUID());
            if (pCache && pCache->CheckFlag(MTD_PlayerFlags_AdminHide))
            {
                sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 ½Â¸®,  ^%d%s^9 Æйè",
                            (pAttacker->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1, pAttacker->GetProperty()->GetName(),
                            (pVictim->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1,   pVictim->GetProperty()->GetName());
                ZGetGameInterface()->GetCombatInterface()->m_AdminMsg.OutputChatMsg( szMsg);
            }
        }

Replace with:
Code:
    //    if (ZGetMyInfo()->IsAdminGrade()) {
    //        MMatchObjCache* pCache = ZGetGameClient()->FindObjCache(ZGetMyUID());
    //        if (pCache && pCache->CheckFlag(MTD_PlayerFlags_AdminHide))
    //        {
    //            sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 ½Â¸®,  ^%d%s^9 Æйè",
    //                        (pAttacker->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1, pAttacker->GetProperty()->GetName(),
    //                        (pVictim->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1,   pVictim->GetProperty()->GetName());
    //            ZGetGameInterface()->GetCombatInterface()->m_AdminMsg.OutputChatMsg( szMsg);
    //        }
    //    }

If you want to keep it (which is what I decided to do, because then I can turn off chat while streaming and watchers will still be able to see it if someone's killed), simply change the text in the code here:
Code:
sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 ½Â¸®,  ^%d%s^9 Æйè",

To whatever you want, for example:
Code:
sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 defeated  ^%d%s^9. Yay!",

Note: there's no need to put anything after the second %d%s. I have no idea of what Æйè means (too lazy to restart the computer in Korean and I couldn't find a way to convert it online), and it's weird that it shows up after the name of the person killed, but whatever. The important part is who's killing who, right?

I know this is simple as f*** and that most people already did it blah-blah-blah, we always get that in threads like this. Still, I'm sure a lot of people will like to know this and use it in their servers.

Cheers!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
change for FIRST IS : WINNER - SECOND IS: LOSER...

kX6N598 - Get rid of kill message in Korean when you're an Admin Spectator - RaGEZONE Forums

LINER: 5420

if (ZGetMyInfo()->IsAdminGrade()) {
MMatchObjCache* pCache = ZGetGameClient()->FindObjCache(ZGetMyUID());
{
sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 Winner, ^%d%s^9 Loser",
(pAttacker->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1, pAttacker->GetProperty()->GetName(),
(pVictim->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1, pVictim->GetProperty()->GetName());
}
}

LINER : 5381

if (ZGetMyInfo()->IsAdminGrade()) {
MMatchObjCache* pCache = ZGetGameClient()->FindObjCache(ZGetMyUID());
{
sprintf( szMsg, "^%d%s^9 Auto-Suicide",
(pAttacker->GetTeamID() == MMT_BLUE) ? 3 : 1,
pAttacker->GetProperty()->GetName());
}
}

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. The reason I used "defeated" is because my whole client is in Portuguese and that's the direct translation. People can use whatever they want anyway :p
Thanks for pointing that out!

Edit: also thanks Arenbunny, I missed that second part! To be honest I didn't even know there was a different output for suicides while an admin. Good to know! :)

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

I have no idea of what Æйè means (too lazy to restart the computer in Korean and I couldn't find a way to convert it online), and it's weird that it shows up after the name of the person killed, but whatever. The important part is who's killing who, right?

Cheers!

Here's what it says: ""Mark 승리, Hakurah 패배"", which translates roughly to "Mark wins, Hakurah defeat" according to Google translate.

You can view the Korean text in Visual Studio by right clicking the file and choosing "Open With...", selecting
"C++ Source Code Editor (with Encoding)", and then selecting the "Korean - Codepage 949" encoding.

Pretty useful for reading any comments in the source and translating strings like these.

Back