• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

True working dualdaggers

Reaction score
So I've noticed servers that have dualdaggers still have the crapy version of them. you can't move, which basically defeats the purpose of having dualdaggers. So, here's the fix for that.

ZCharacterObject.h:

Find this:
ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT,

Add this above it:
ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1,
ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1_RET,
ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2,

ZCharacter.cpp:
in this function
static ZANIMATIONINFO g_AnimationInfoTableUpper[ZC_STATE_UPPER_END] = {

find this:
{ "attackS" ,false ,false ,false ,false },

Add this above it:
{ "attack1", false, false, true, false },
{ "attack1_ret", false, false, true, true },
{ "attack2", false, false, true, false },

In ZCharacter::UpdateSpeed(), find this:
if( (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK3) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK3_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK4) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK4_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK5) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_JUMPATTACK) ||
(m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT))

Replace with this:
if( (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK3) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK3_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK4) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK4_RET) ||
(aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK5) || (aniState_Lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_JUMPATTACK) ||
(m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT) || (m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1) ||
(m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1_RET) || (m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2))

ZMyCharacter.cpp
Find this function:
ZMyCharacter::OnShotMelee
Replace the information above the else statement near the top of the function with this:
static int nShotCount = 0;
static DWORD dwTime = timeGetTime();
// ´Ü°Ë
if (m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType == eq_wd_dagger ||
m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType == eq_ws_dagger) { // dagger

if (m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1 || m_AniState_Upper.Ref() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2)
return;

if (m_bCharged/* || IsCounterAttackable()*/)
{
if (GetVelocity().z > 100.f || GetDistToFloor() > 80.f)
JumpChargedShot();
else
ChargedShot();
return;
}
if (m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType == eq_wd_dagger)
{
DWORD nCurrTime = timeGetTime();
if (dwTime + 500 < nCurrTime)
nShotCount = 0;

if (GetDistToFloor() > 80.f)
zStatus.m_bJumpShot = true;
else
{
if (nShotCount == 0)
{
SetAnimationUpper(ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1);
nShotCount++;
}
else
{
SetAnimationUpper(ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2);
nShotCount--;
}
}
dwTime = nCurrTime;
}
else
{
SetAnimationUpper(ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1);
}
uStatus.m_bWallJump = false;
uStatus.m_bWallJump2 = false;
zStatus.m_bEnterCharge = true;
}

In ZMyCharacter::processShot(), find htis:
ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT

Replace with this:
ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1

In ZMyCharacter::OnUpdate, find this:
if(uStatus.m_bPlayDone_upper) {
if(m_AniState_Upper.Ref()==ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT)
Replace with this:
if(uStatus.m_bPlayDone_upper) {
if(m_AniState_Upper.Ref()==ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1 || m_AniState_Upper.Ref()==ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT)

ZGame.cpp:

In SelectSlasheffectmotion, find this:
if(lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1) { nAdd = 0; }
else if(lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2){ nAdd = 1; }
replace with this:
if(lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK1 || upper == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1) { nAdd = 0; }
else if(lower == ZC_STATE_LOWER_ATTACK2 || upper == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2) { nAdd = 1; }

in filterdelayedcommand, find this:
if(pChar!=m_pMyCharacter &&
( pChar->m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType==eq_wd_dagger ||
pChar->m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType==eq_ws_dagger )) { // dagger
pChar->SetAnimationUpper(ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT);
}

replace with this:
if(pChar!=m_pMyCharacter &&
( pChar->m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType==eq_wd_dagger ||
pChar->m_pVMesh->m_SelectWeaponMotionType==eq_ws_dagger )) { // dagger
pChar->SetAnimationUpper(ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1);
}

ZGameInterface.cpp

In ChangeWeapon, find this:
|| (pChar->GetStateUpper() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_SHOT && pChar->IsUpperPlayDone() == false
add this under it:
||
(pChar->GetStateUpper() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK1 && pChar->IsUpperPlayDone() == false) ||
(pChar->GetStateUpper() == ZC_STATE_UPPER_ATTACK2 && pChar->IsUpperPlayDone() == false))

Man01/Woman01.xml

Find "attacks" (Note, there's many, find the one for the dagger stab), and replace it with "attack1". Any problems feel free to let me know, although I hope people will try to convert it from 1.0 to 1.5 before asking for help, it's a very single conversion.

ZMyCharacter.cpp (Optional):
If you want the daggers to block, find the processguard function, find this:
if(type!=MWT_KATANA && type!=MWT_DOUBLE_KATANA) return;

replace with this:
if(type!=MWT_KATANA && type!=MWT_DOUBLE_KATANA && type!=MWT_DUAL_DAGGER) return;
Thanks to:
Gunblade for showing me how static works

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Meaning you couldn't convert it yourself or are just being an arse to the people that cannot convert it.

Reaction score
Meaning you couldn't convert it yourself or are just being an arse to the people that cannot convert it.

You're 100% wrong, I built it in 1.5 first and then redid it in 1.0, then released the 1.0 verion hoping to get people to stop people from just copy/pasting code and to actually dig in and figure out why something doesn't work, and learn how to fix it themselves. But since people are having such a hard time with this, i'll Update the main thread with the 1.5 version, which is literally just .Ref() additions to m_AniState_Upper, and zStatus/uStatus additions to a few places. Why didn't you change my code and release the 1.5 version hmm? You should know how easy it is, you've been coding longer than me.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
We had them working on DR once, before the previous 'owner' wiped out the whole server. It was Sulfin who coded them for us :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Oh nice, I thought I was the first to ever do it lol. Darnit can't I be first for something cool, not just first for multifont selections? :(

If I knew you would feel that way, I wouldn't have posted it, I thought you knew... And, weren't you the first one to include emotes on Gunz?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no need to post a non converted version and hoping for people to be able to do it themselves, this community isnt like it used to be, the remaining people here will just wait for a converted one and create begging threads for them.
I'm greatful for the release even though I only check in here now and then, but barely anyone else is.

Reaction score
There is no need to post a non converted version and hoping for people to be able to do it themselves, this community isnt like it used to be, the remaining people here will just wait for a converted one and create begging threads for them.
I'm greatful for the release even though I only check in here now and then, but barely anyone else is.

Well, now the people that can't code can just copy/paste, i updated it to 1.5 (which like i said was super easy lol, just .ref() additions). This community definitely isn't what it used to be, devs have either quit or just gotten ridiculously lazy. That's why gunz is dead, the devs don't introduce anything new.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its not the Devs fault this community died, it died because nobody wanted to do/try anything themselves and were relying too much on Devs which made them lazy. I wouldn't wanna help anyone who doesn't wanna help themselves.

Reaction score
Its not the Devs fault this community died, it died because nobody wanted to do/try anything themselves and were relying too much on Devs which made them lazy. I wouldn't wanna help anyone who doesn't wanna help themselves.

I don't mean it died b/c of a lack of releases on here, i mean overall the community has dropped players (all servers), because developers rarely seem to do anything new. I mean, when was the CQ source released, and no one has bothered fixing it (gunblade being the closest to having it done, with me being behind him). That's more what I meant, that devs aren't trying anything new and amazing so the playercount across all servers keeps dropping.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think the devs gave up on the community because the community gave up on them. As soon as people stopped doing things themselves and relied on devs to do it for them, its too much.

Thats why I quit, the first comment I posted on this thread was probably the first time I came onto RZ for about a year, and probably a year before that too.

Reaction score
I think the devs gave up on the community because the community gave up on them. As soon as people stopped doing things themselves and relied on devs to do it for them, its too much.

Thats why I quit, the first comment I posted on this thread was probably the first time I came onto RZ for about a year, and probably a year before that too.

Well, there are those that are too lazy but there's also people that wanna learn and improve gunz, me being one of them. Hell i'd love to do a Challengequest project with a more experienced dev b/c I lack the skil required to completely finish it.

Back