Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My version of gungame

Reaction score
I wanted to build my own version of gungame, managed it, figured i'd release it here (it's very clean imo). As with my last couple releases, I will provide no assistance. I also wont change the variables to fit how you want them, If you want vectors instead of maps, do that yourself. No I wont teamview you to help you fix any bugs, no i won't give you the replay code, this is just the xml reader and client/server gamelogic.

Edit: Example of how to handle gungame.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<XML id="GunGame">

<SET id="1">
<ITEMSET melee="1" primary="6001" secondary="0"/>
<ITEMSET melee="12" primary="6001" secondary="0"/>
<ITEMSET melee="31" primary="6010" secondary="7009"/>
</SET>

<SET id="2">
<ITEMSET melee="2" primary="6001" secondary="0"/>
<ITEMSET melee="13" primary="0" secondary="0"/>
</SET>

<SET id="3">
<ITEMSET melee="2" primary="0" secondary="0"/>
<ITEMSET melee="0" primary="6001" secondary="0"/>
</SET>

</XML>

GunGame Generator (Edit: Added option to read strings.xml and write the item names as a comment in gungame.xml):

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wanted to build my own version of gungame, managed it, figured i'd release it here (it's very clean imo). As with my last couple releases, I will provide no assistance. I also wont change the variables to fit how you want them, If you want vectors instead of maps, do that yourself. No I wont teamview you to help you fix any bugs, no i won't give you the replay code, this is just the xml reader and client/server gamelogic.

Edit: Example of how to handle gungame.xml:

If you will release it with that attitude, Better not do it ....When have a complete:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gun-mode-1-5-complete-986713/ yes, is client side only but Better use it Than yours
If I wanted an incomplete and better, it would still have this:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gungame-mode-packet-newbie-1063182/

Reaction score
If you will release it with that attitude, Better not do it ....When have a complete:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gun-mode-1-5-complete-986713/ yes, is client side only but Better use it Than yours
If I wanted an incomplete and better, it would still have this:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/gungame-mode-packet-newbie-1063182/

Cool story, this wasn't designed for lazy people, it was designed for people that need a jumps tart to the gamemode. It takes no effort to add this to this source, and it's a complete gamemode, I'm just not doing anyore handholding at this forum, that means you gotta do the replay code yourself. If you can't handle that then use the other one that probably doesn't have replay functionality to begin eith, and has hardcoded weaponsets

Edit: also, read the code in that other one, that's not gungame at all man, but if you want to do that b/c you cba to put in effort, go for it lol.

Last edited:
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to read this to .xml system.mrs - matchserver?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you dont need to read it from system.mrs, it's server sided only, more secure that way. everything is sent to the client.
Can you help me @jetman82 :(, i need to help.
how to show game mode if not gametypecfg.xml and channelrule.xml

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have to add it to gametypecfg.xml and channelrule.xml, just copy paste deathmatch, and change the id to match gungames id in the source
Gungame of this file number?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
intriguing, wouldn't implent this personally but worth checking out, Good job

Back