Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release][Tut] Full Gate To Heavens Files and Code.

Reaction score
Or maybe set up a project on sourceforge and upload changes via svn? That way you're only uploading the files you edit and people can use sourceforge's bandwidth for downloading everything (or just update only modifed files through svn).

Also, vouch for the GTH section here,

http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/gate-heavens-section-839309/

I have fast speeds so I could provide daily binary updates for people who just want the binaries, if we get a section of course. I'm a bit more interested in dev'ing these files rather than making a server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
V4 is out . Now you can open a server on your computer or dedicated server . :)

I made a change about the LAN ip ... who allow a client conect on a server hosted on a lan ip like 192.168.x.x or Network : 127.0.0.1

Enjoy !

For the next update i will only upload the code .

Or maybe set up a project on sourceforge and upload changes via svn? That way you're only uploading the files you edit and people can use sourceforge's bandwidth for downloading everything (or just update only modifed files through svn).

Also, vouch for the GTH section here,

http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/gate-heavens-section-839309/

I have fast speeds so I could provide daily binary updates for people who just want the binaries, if we get a section of course. I'm a bit more interested in dev'ing these files rather than making a server.

Yes i understand but gth dont have many player who want open a server , so if i do a svn or something like that , almost 90% of people will never know how to use ...

Reaction score
Well if you want to upload your changes to a SVN, like I said I could definitely save you the trouble of reuploading everything by providing people with what they need for their server (the binaries). Most people who don't want to mess with the SVN are the ones who have no real benefit from the source code anyways.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Folow my movie tutorial ... and you will have no errors .

I follow 100%.. no cannot connect to master server..

I go to Inbound Rules in - Fire-Wall

I set allow; and 16001, 10001, 9000, 26001, 26000

But still can't connect.. any idea? :love:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Shouldn't be that much. GTH is an old game.

I'll have v4 set up by tonight so I'll let you know my results.

Server has been running idle for about 2 hours, total RAM usage is around 500mb, cpu is at 8% on a core 2 duo.

Couldn't make it in-game though. After selecting my character and entering the client stays at the loading screen. Will mess with it more tomorrow.

Edit-

Got it all working.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I follow 100%.. no cannot connect to master server..

I go to Inbound Rules in - Fire-Wall

I set allow; and 16001, 10001, 9000, 26001, 26000

But still can't connect.. any idea? :love:

in the client ? did u changed the ip in client source and compiled again the client ?

Shouldn't be that much. GTH is an old game.

I'll have v4 set up by tonight so I'll let you know my results.

Server has been running idle for about 2 hours, total RAM usage is around 500mb, cpu is at 8% on a core 2 duo.

Couldn't make it in-game though. After selecting my character and entering the client stays at the loading screen. Will mess with it more tomorrow.

Edit-

Got it all working.

Yes your problem is because you are using V3 files , V3 files can only works on a dedicated server with unique network IP .

Use the V4 and you will be able to connect 100% sure and not to be stuck on loading .

@lucky what is the minimum specs for server?

thank you!

With the V4 files , a 700 mhz should be enought to start the server lol : ) on my computer gs / ms ... are using 0% of cpu ... and very little ram

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lucky40990 - [Release][Tut] Full Gate To Heavens Files and Code. - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks Lucky!

This is awesome! <3

Reaction score
The source appears to be from the state the game was in when e-games shut it down. At least to me it seems like it. I haven't played much past level 20-25 yet.

The client is already in English for the most part. If you want to translate it to another language you have the full source code for the client available to you.

Edit-
That includes all the security holes too btw. This server is just as hackable as E-Games GTH was before they shut it down.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The source are the latest source from the original development studio of the game , i only added some patch very usefull . If you find a bug or something , let me know i will patch the problem asap .

I already started to patch the security problems ... ,

if you know a hole security , let me know the exact metod used and i will patch this .

Unfortunaly i cant remember all hole security . . . so you have to test and ask . :)

Tonight i will release a new code with Gm security updated . and new function of check ... Stay tuned ;)

EDIT : new PHP registration page with captcha patched to works with PHP5.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
of course all procedure are already created in SQL . You just have to make the website and code related :) but yes it's have a premiums items system .

i will release a full website with shop tonight . if you want .

Reaction score
of course all procedure are already created in SQL . You just have to make the website and code related :) but yes it's have a premiums items system .

i will release a full website with shop tonight . if you want .

Thanks! :D
This source is 100% complete? Have much bugs? :S
Thanks'

This source is same version this GTH?

Back