Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Showcase] New GTH Development

Reaction score
Hello! I used to lurk around this section in the past, helped people set up servers with lucky's old files, etc... been here since The_Gatekeeper_ was mod and we were still trying to find working files.

Well I pieced together the full source and tools for this game and am actively working on developing them. I wanted to drop a little note here because this is probably one of the last corners of the internet people can easily find information on GTH. Hell if you google "Gate to Heavens" now, its hard to even get relevant results sometimes.

I'm undecided on if I want to release the files or just start my own server. I see a private server already registered the old gatetoheavens.com domain, and I don't really have any desire to compete with them tbh. This is mostly for educational purposes. I did notice some room for improvement on their server, and they have "reset" the server multiple times, so maybe there is desire for a more stable community. Who knows? :$:

We are working on things like upgrading DirectX and implementing 100% custom maps, so stay tuned for updates.

Working server proof:

4Q90EC8 - [Showcase] New GTH Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
i am interested in this game where should i look ???

Active progress is being made on another development site. Forum mods don't want me posting links back to that site apparently.

If you can find the development site you will find more information. I'd recommend airing your grievances with a moderator, and if you know other people interested in the game, share the development site with them (if you find it) to show your support for more progress there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing the public server go live. I know it can cost a bit of money to keep servers running so I don't know if itll be public for long. But I believe all GTH tools and resources should be active to the public. I miss the game so much and i frequently lurk here. Have for many years on many accounts. Ill check out the other dev site. I was actually lurking here today to get an idea of stuff for a site. Over the next year I want to code a responsive website for GTH that is mode friendly and has a lot more functions than just saying hey there server is offline. But that will take time. I was planning on releasing my finished project here when I am done. But you are correct when you google gate to heavens you can rarely find relevant information and that saddens me. Especially since this game is a huge part of my past.

I would be interested in seeing the public server go live. I know it can cost a bit of money to keep servers running so I don't know if itll be public for long. But I believe all GTH tools and resources should be active to the public. I miss the game so much and i frequently lurk here. Have for many years on many accounts. Ill check out the other dev site. I was actually lurking here today to get an idea of stuff for a site. Over the next year I want to code a responsive website for GTH that is mode friendly and has a lot more functions than just saying hey there server is offline. But that will take time. I was planning on releasing my finished project here when I am done. But you are correct when you google gate to heavens you can rarely find relevant information and that saddens me. Especially since this game is a huge part of my past.

Reaction score
Bro since you are joined this forum 2005 i am a head of you just 1 year and it feels so good when i saw people like you that still doing some interesting development.
I play this GTH when i am young but now i totally duck up with it i forgot everything and when i saw your post it feels like my blood are boiling and i miss this game so much.

THANK YOU FOR THIS.

--ADD--

Where is your DOWNLOAD files? I wanna try to Develop it and play in my home. :p

PS:
I am developer of GUNZ ONLINE

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am expecting to be able to work on this a lot more after the holidays. I'm getting files prepared and plan to set up a private test server soon after.

I am looking for a few people to assist with testing the game. My only requirement is that you have extensive knowledge of Gate to Heavens in regards to both gameplay and potential bugs or game breaking issues. If you don't have experience with GTH, but are a developer on another game, or consider yourself good with finding bugs, that works too.

Please send me a private message if you are interested in testing the game and we can discuss more details.

Reaction score
I am expecting to be able to work on this a lot more after the holidays. I'm getting files prepared and plan to set up a private test server soon after.

I am looking for a few people to assist with testing the game. My only requirement is that you have extensive knowledge of Gate to Heavens in regards to both gameplay and potential bugs or game breaking issues. If you don't have experience with GTH, but are a developer on another game, or consider yourself good with finding bugs, that works too.

Please send me a private message if you are interested in testing the game and we can discuss more details.

Sorry for late reply. HOLIDAYS you know. Family bonding.
Count me in.

Reactions: Ron
Back