Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] DDoS Attacks is Illegal and is Punishable by Law?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NeoDio carlunsang123 - [Discussion] DDoS Attacks is Illegal and is Punishable by Law? - RaGEZONE Forums Hello, the abbreviation DDoS somehow caught my attention.

I hate DoS/DDoS attacks, I find them pure cowardice and I've solved many of them against my Network in the past few years so I'm gonna try to give you a hand.

The most simple way is to use Wireshark (google it, install it and enable it) and then save the logs with the IP (if it's one person/DoS) or IP's (if it's a botnet or several individuals/DDoS) that are attacking you, once you have those logs, google 'whois IP' and track down the IP address to find out the ISP, you should find an email that says abuse@something.com, contact that email with the Wireshark logs.
You can also call that ISP directly and tell them what is happening and they will warn the user upon breaking their contractual terms by using their internet services for criminal purposes, if the user persists with this behavior then his internet will be terminated and his own ISP might take legal action against him.

You can also contact the company that is hosting your VPS and tell them what is happening so they can contact whoever is attacking you. They will probably suggest you some DDoS mitigation software that's highly expensive so don't bother going there, there are already several bypasses for most anti-DDoS software. For example, I use hostkey and they charge 100€ for DDoS protection...No thanks.

On a last resort, you can just get the Wireshark logs and make a criminal charge since denial of service is a crime punishable by law, and nowadays, everyone is traceable and with the FBI's current international cooperation protocols you can simply drop your information with valid proof on this address -
That's an official FBI website, do not joke with them or you will be target of legal responsibility!

If you press a criminal charge you will have to use your real information, do not worry about whatever content you host on your VPS either, if they are, in this case, MAIET's copyrighted files, the FBI and your local/national authorities will only investigate the information that you provide them. Only the copyright holders (MAIET) can take legal action against whatever you have on your VPS, and so far I haven't seen MAIET getting anywhere with their lawsuits and/or cease and desist letters.

Also, if you choose to take legal action I will warn you now that you will have to wait months due to the massive proliferation of cyber crimes, but in the end, it will be worth waiting. Ignorant individuals might mock you and say nothing will happen and that the authorities do not care, but they do care, I've "been there, done that", and you'll get the last laugh if you're a good guy, trust me. But if you're using your VPS to attack other servers then just ignore everything that I've said because everything will turn against you.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to contact me through private messages.

Regards.

NOTE: Anyone feel free to correct me, I don't know very well how DoS/DDoS/Botnets work, only how to take action against them.

This wont be 100% protected, but it helps.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f528/100-a...4/#post7435071

All the best.
Korey.

hackers, ddosers, gives me headache and insecurities.. xD

Reaction score
Re: DDOS attacks is illeable by law ??? post your concerns and idea.. xD

99.99% of attacks go unpunished the best way to resolve is to contact the host master of the IP. Most isps should follow up although they'll go unpunished from my experience. If it's coming from a server then they should help.

Reaction score
Re: DDOS attacks is illegal and is punishable by law ??? post your concerns and idea.

"Saidar Tantos" Aka shakol Unknown takes down any game server or ran online server that is not hosted to his STPD dds hosting...

base from my experience he will threatened you and force to host your game server to his dds hosting... and if you dont agree with his conditions he will take down completely your site and your game server.. he is a selfish guy that only wish money,money,money...

he is very known to other game server admins not only normal members of ran online even the moderator of ran online know that PERSON.. but no one takes action to him

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: DDOS attacks is illegal and is punishable by law ??? post your concerns and idea.

"Saidar Tantos" Aka shakol Unknown takes down any game server or ran online server that is not hosted to his STPD dds hosting...

base from my experience he will threatened you and force to host your game server to his dds hosting... and if you dont agree with his conditions he will take down completely your site and your game server.. he is a selfish guy that only wish money,money,money...

he is very known to other game server admins not only normal members of ran online even the moderator of ran online know that PERSON.. but no one takes action to him

and Demonz Team Development

*Retired
Reaction score

one of Demonz Team threatened me i said bring it on up until know nothing happened

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Isn't illegal when you're running on to illegal software et cetera

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ask the police bro ahaha may i ask all private server are legal? Ahahaha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: DDoS Attacks is Illegal and is Punishable by Law?

POGI..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Either that you are not. Smart or you are acting not smart all stolen and copied files from the original content without having permission whatsoever is illegal.

Now I may ask.you. Is this copied or stolen content. And If so the stolen then you rather not report that person to the cops because you can be double sued for stealing content without permission which is copyright overriding.

Denial of service or what ever can be fought either that you block his ip or download a ddos firewall it will always work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

At its most basic level, a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack overwhelms the target system with data, such that the response from the target system is either slowed or stopped altogether. In order to create the necessary amount of traffic, a network of zombie or bot computers is most often used.

Zombies or botnets are computers that have been compromised by attackers, generally through the use of Trojans, allowing these compromised systems to be remotely controlled. Collectively, these systems are manipulated to create the high traffic flow necessary to create a DDoS attack.

Meaning to say, You can't reach the real ddos attacker's ip.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

DDoS attackers use VPN's so its impossible to trace them.

the only way to get rid of DDoS attack is to have a FIREWALL.(Paid FIREWALL.. not a FREE FIREWALL)

you can use free firewall like COMODO and just set it to automatically BLOCKS BAD PACKETS

-=GameOver=-
Reaction score

ran private server are do legal , because mincom releases their files here in ragezone
but still DMCA is always there :D
admit it :D

Reaction score
DoS attack is inevitable but can prevent it.
View attachment 137123

i think not, even the most secured lines i mean most secured security can be ddos. The only thing to prevent ddos in your server is to pay the ddoser to not ddos your server.

Some site can't ddos but the host provider can ddos. If the host provider got ddos all their costumer go down.

Unknown Place
Reaction score
DDoS being legal or illegal, will surely not be what matters, because unless you have much time available and money to spend, you will surely never be able to find/fight against it. Generally this is why there are the DoS/DDoS Protection services, they are cheap compared to this and tend to work, yes, it is a remedy, not a cure, but still, better than being offline :).

Reaction score
actually they don't use ddos attack they just press one button then flooding of spoof ip , better to spend hundred $$ in trusted networks than ordering in other ppl that is not legit :D

HOHOHO!

Back