Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Ran Online in Europe

be good to beat evils
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello guys
just dropping by
just wanna ask

what can you say about
ran online in Europe?

any thought
no flame
just constructive criticism i allowed
^_^

be good to beat evils
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what do you think?
will ran can match European gamers taste?

i have read some comments about this news

some said its an old game way back 2002
and some of them said
its not gonna work

my only hope is that
international coders will love it too
so that we can have more coders in ran section
if ran games in Europe will rolls its dice and attract more interested gamers

i guess they will start with latest features, unlike other beta test , they used the outdated files

i already signed p for beta, hope it will be good, but surely Asian layers will lag a bit

QT is better than VS
Reaction score
base on study cases. what is good setting for a long term server is.

low gold economy <= gold will be demand forcing other player to buy gold or hunt /save gold
a very good understanding in economy and prices balance like prices will also increase like what we have in real life.

Character Expertise => like if I build dex character . good def+ hard to kill low damage. (causing them to manage their stat properly and i that way you can sell OBLI E and etc (right?) or powertype strong but a lot of miss and easy to kill.. or INT TYPE pure hit + skiller since it has lot of mana

SKILL SYSTEM - combos are players like's way... good damage + versus def effect + elemental effect + buffs effect something like that

TOO MUCH SKILL IS NOT GOOD promise... like what they did in some private server

BALANCE EXPERIENCE PARTIES SOMETHING LIKE THAT. so GM can activate event exp.

ARMOR SET LEVEL like you can wear this armor once you got this required level.. this will look more interesting and make player to grind level

ITEM HUNTING..

Very nice if all armor /weapon/accessories are non donates..

you can gain money in POINT SYSTEM
sell training rosaries/oblie/premium potions/ no buying stats / sell costume and many more

and more more

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score

low gold economy <= gold will be demand forcing other player to buy gold or hunt /save gold
a very good understanding in economy and prices balance like prices will also increase like what we have in real life.

Character Expertise => like if I build dex character . good def+ hard to kill low damage. (causing them to manage their stat properly and i that way you can sell OBLI E and etc (right?) or powertype strong but a lot of miss and easy to kill.. or INT TYPE pure hit + skiller since it has lot of mana

SKILL SYSTEM - combos are players like's way... good damage + versus def effect + elemental effect + buffs effect something like that

ARMOR SET LEVEL like you can wear this armor once you got this required level.. this will look more interesting and make player to grind level

ITEM HUNTING..

sell training rosaries/oblie/premium potions/ no buying stats / sell costume and many more

and more more
Good! but why play private server? its already available on official servers :p... and its much updated than private servers

Reaction score
Because they want to play by their own private servers. Some of there still on old school basis. They do not want new items but to play and make some fun.

Ì lövê ¥öµ!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

ITEM HUNTING..

and more more

For me mostly they come to private server to feel more fun..they can use new skill easily..pvp mode compare to hunting game system

Graveyard Networks
Reaction score
For me mostly they come to private server to feel more fun..they can use new skill easily..pvp mode compare to hunting game system

Thats my point of view too :)... But to be honest, what tearhear said is what i always dreamed, if only i can make that kind of server im sure it will be a great community, its just that as long as its a similar to official server i always feel like i will just waste my time :(

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If i host a server again, for me, maybe I'll just use the exp rate of official server, but item & money drop rate will be increased. All weapons and item will be available in-game whether hunt, npc or via quest. Other item such as costume, premium items & cards, exp rosary would be in the item-shop. And again it would be best if a trading house system like in cabal or dragonest can be coded so we(the players) wouldn't need to run our machine 24/7 just to open shop.. your bill also wouldn't be so expensive hehe..

QT is better than VS
Reaction score
I also PLan some source code revision like making it like DOTA style so DOTA Lover might Shift to this interesting Game take time to look at it what's inside.. hahah i know im day dreaming ..Imagine 1% percent of Dota Gamer would try your game. not really like dota game engine but similar to it. taking feature from other online game that doesnt exist on ran world. changing system like AVATAR, fire,water,earth,wind something like that.. whats on my virtual system now is trying to code a server that support and read 1 character 1 map only.. then i will add t one by one sooner, making a big changes . resulting a very small base client.. merging some configuration into constant value. but it will be affected by percent on class.configuration... Ill try it. i hope it will Run :D. im not goood in cpp but i do the same talent wth PHP.. :p

@TO OTHER CODER AND DEVELOPER: i notice a lot of new icon pops up in GUI in-Game POLL-TEST: result they found very annoying on this icon some other likes but most of them deslikes..I make a poll test in my server fan page..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
^_^ old game but it's keep updateding now and fort seen's 2002 and up to now 2013 mean the game can give more and more ever year. and We easterner are glad that to Welcome Westerner developer mixing of both haft world can boost up ran online game

Back