Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J [Guide] Making a C5 server on WinOS by Nargen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
PART I - To Start a server

Files that ull need

-JavaJDK (Search on Net)
-MySQL 5.0 SERVER (Search on Net)
-NAVICAT (look in my Shared folder )
-SERVER PACK (ill suggest Hero's1711 pack SEARCH OVER THE FORUM)

1o- Install JavaJDK

2o- Install MySQL 5.0 Server

Installing MySQL 5.0 Server
-Run The executable file (DUH)
-Press next buttom and create a new instance
-Select detailed Configuration

Nargen - [Guide] Making a C5 server on WinOS by Nargen - RaGEZONE Forums

-Server Machine

-Next , Next

-Choose the first option for 20 Players or if u want, choose the manual setting and in concurrent connection , put how many ppl do u want to join in ur server

- NEXT , NEXT , NEXT

-Security Options ... dont check any !

-EXECUTE

->Now u hve configurated ur MySQL server with Login: root , NO PASSWORD , Port 3306.

3o- Install NAVICAT !

4o- In NAVICAT click on connection and insert in Host name/IP address "localhost" , port "3306" , Username "root" and leave blank the password field than click OK

-Will appear in the connections field one new connection called "localhost". RIGHT CLICK on it > New Database , than give the name of l2jdb for ur new database than click ok.

4o- Extract all the files of hero's pack in a folder of ur choice

5o- Install SQL files from hero's Pack (folder SQL)
- U can made it manually or automatically , in this case , ill teach how
to use the automatic installation
- Search for the file Database_installer.bat in the folder TOOLS of ur server folder
- Right Click on it and choose EDIT
-Change the adress for ur MySQL BIN FOLDER in the line "set mysqlBinPath="
-Than execute the edited file pressing F to Full installation and installing the Addons pressing y

- Now u hve ur Database installed xD !

6o- In the folder gameserver/config/ open with notepad the file server.proprierties and change the lines

ExternalHostname=UR EXTERNAL IP HERE
InternalHostname=UR INTERNAL IP HERE (possibily 127.0.0.1)
MinProtocolRevision = 1
MaxProtocolRevision = 999

7o- Go in ur login/config and open the file loginserver.proprierties with notepad than edit the lines

ExternalHostname=UR EXTERNAL IP
InternalHostname=UR INTERNAL IP (possibily 127.0.0.1)

8o- Run The file RegisterGameServer.bat in ur login folder then choose the Id number 0 (zero) . the program will close and a file hexid(server 0 or anything like it).txt will be appear in ur login folder.
Rename it to hexid.txt than copy and paste in ur gameserver/config folder.

9o- Run the program startSQLAccountManager.bat to create ur accounts (if u dont hve a webserver with registration)(LOL ?? Probably u wont hve it at this momment xD)

In Access lvl , put 100 for admins , 0 for players or -100 for banned accounts ^^ .

Open Startloginserver.bat (login folder) and Startgameserver.bat (gameserverfolder).

PS: If ur usinga router , ull need to open the ports : 7777 (Gameserver) ; 2106 (loginserver) ; 3306 (MySQL)
Thats all , i think xD

If i forgot anything , pls tell me !

PART II - WEBSERVER (Server Homepage)

Now ull try to explain how to create ur webserver WITHOUT DISKW !!
Ill use L2Jz System because it is a LOT better and usefull with a complete database included !!

Files that ull need :

(It will install the PHP and APACHE protocol in ur system simple and fast)
L2Jz (try to use the search button above)

How to install :

1o -> First install WAMP5.0 , a little icon may appear at ur clock side, if not, go to the folder that u has installed the wamp and run the executable.)

2o- Extract the files of L2Jz system in a folder than follow the steps bellow :
-With the SQL FILES :
-Open NAVICAT than right click in ur database l2jdb and choose EXECUTE BATH FILE than search for the L2jz SQL files and do it with ALL the SQL FILES !!

-After that , 9 new tables will appear in ur database

3o-Now move all the remaining files of L2Jz for ur WWW\ folder (ull find where u installed ur WAMP5.0. In my case c:\wamp\www\)

4o-Left Click on ur WAMP icon APACHE>START/RESUME SERVICE , and after that click on PUT ONLINE

-After that , wamp icon will become yellow and the lock will disapear

-U can edit ur L2Jz Main page editing the file welcome.php (www\pages\)

5o-Edit ur option.php file (www\) inserting ur server rates and another thing that u like or need
-Bellow the lines of ur server rates

$servers[$i]['info']['rateXp'] = 10;//Exp rate.
$servers[$i]['info']['rateSp'] = 10;//Sp rate.
$servers[$i]['info']['rateDropAdena'] = 30;//Adena rate.
$servers[$i]['info']['rateDropItems'] = 15;//Drop rate.
$servers[$i]['info']['rateDropSpoil'] = 35;//Spoil rate.

-ull need to change that numbers puting ur server rates

6o- Go to ur gameserver\config folder than edit the file telnet.properties in the following lines

EnableTelnet = True

and remove the # in the beggining of the line

#StatusPW = somePass

7o- Go to ur Login\config folder than edit the file telnet.properties in the line

EnableTelnet = True

PS: IF UR USING A ROUTER , ULL NEED TO OPEN THE PORT 80 (Webserver/Apache) !!

Thats it ! A FULL C5 server with ONLINE L2INFORMER and fully editable !

If i forget something , ill insert here later , or pls MESSAGE ME !

If u cannot login in ur server , its a problem in the gameguard, ill share here the guide to bypass it ! (thats the reason to i hve a nprotect folder in my www\ folder xD).

SRRY FOR MY ENGLISH ! If anyone wants to fix my grammar , send a me a pm having the correction ^^.

BTW , Its the SAME METHOD to make a C4 Server.

PART III - The Client Side

Beucause many questions about what to do in the client , i will make a little guide to what make in the client PC to run ur server !

1o- Ull need to donwload the SYSTEM folder of your server pack ! (Ull find it on ur server pack Thread)

2o- Change the original system folder of ur L2 for the server system folder

3o- Ull need to edit the L2.ini (at ur system folder) to insert ur server IP. U can edit it
using the program L2_Fileedit.exe (u can find it on my shares tool folder ).

4o- If ur using the gameguard bypass , ull need to insert the line at ur client hosts file
(windows/system32/drivers/etc)
"xxx.xxx.xxx nprotect.lineage2.com" (where xxx.xxx.xxx is ur server IP)
-Delete ur gameguard folder in ur new system folder to force the client to download the new gameguard from ur server.

That's all ! Ur server may be working now ! Enjoy ! If i forgot anything , pls tell me and SRRY FOR MY ENGLISH !

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Guys , i saw many ppl installing incorrect the pre-conf. C5 server pack (heros).
Please who will try to install it , download the installation guide of the interlude pre-conf servers...

It is the same method , only hve 2 diferences between them.

For C5 ull need to Edit the IP into ur SERVER.PROPRIERTIES and LOGINSERVER.PROPRIERTIES file and the database backup name is L2PRIVATEBAK .

Please check the instructions to see if u are making something wrong first ....

Good luck to all .. I will try to be more active here now for this month , im at vacations finally ^^

Upvote 0
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
8o- Run The file RegisterGameServer.bat in ur login folder then choose the Id number 0 (zero) . the program will close and a file hexid(server 0 or anything like it).txt will be appear in ur login folder.
Rename it to hexid.txt than copy and paste in ur gameserver/config folder.

I've Done this part correctly but i still keep getting wrong hexid when i run the gameserver..

how do i know the loginservers correctly allowed hexid from the gameserver?

Also, the Game Guard Bypass is a dead link ><

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm using Interlude Server Files and Full Interlude Client. My questions is about the client:
How can I set it up to connect to my server? I know I have to edit the IP Address in the L2.ini and I tried to use the L2 File Edit, but it did not work. Please someone, give me instructions how to edit the L2.ini file and is this the only thing where to change the IP Address?

T.I.A.

With respect:
Mikkaav

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm using Interlude Server Files and Full Interlude Client. My questions is about the client:
How can I set it up to connect to my server? I know I have to edit the IP Address in the L2.ini and I tried to use the L2 File Edit, but it did not work. Please someone, give me instructions how to edit the L2.ini file and is this the only thing where to change the IP Address?

T.I.A.

With respect:
Mikkaav

All u gotta do is edit it with lattest fileedit, when u going to encode it use the protocol 414 and not 413, if u still dont get it then post here u ip and i do for u

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
All u gotta do is edit it with lattest fileedit, when u going to encode it use the protocol 414 and not 413, if u still dont get it then post here u ip and i do for u

Nono gabriel.... All the versions i tested of l2fileedit at my interlude clients hve crashed my system folder files , and the protocol of interlude still 413.

The best way to edit it is using l2encdec. For more instructions about how to use it , tke a look at the new guide that i did .... U will found it on the same page of this one, but isnt a stick ^^ ([GUIDE] Making a interlude server on windows)

Enjoy !

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i am new on making a server, i cannot find the system folder needed in order to play, can please someone give me an address to download it? the HERO1711 SERVER PACK is the server pack i am using. Thnks in advance. Waiting...

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi i am new on making a server, i cannot find the system folder needed in order to play, can please someone give me an address to download it? the HERO1711 SERVER PACK is the server pack i am using. Thnks in advance. Waiting...

Here ! By Nargen

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Elrond u dont need the "heros system" to play . Just get the L2ENCDEC (search on google for it) and use it on the ORIGINAL C5 folder.

If u dont know how to use the l2encdec, tke a look in the guide "how to make an interlude server" at the same page where u found this guide ... ^^

Any Question just ask

Btw... Why dont u try something new like Interlude ? C5 is old ... and C4 hve no commentaries... =P

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Elrond u dont need the "heros system" to play . Just get the L2ENCDEC (search on google for it) and use it on the ORIGINAL C5 folder.

If u dont know how to use the l2encdec, tke a look in the guide "how to make an interlude server" at the same page where u found this guide ... ^^

Any Question just ask

Btw... Why dont u try something new like Interlude ? C5 is old ... and C4 hve no commentaries... =P

it is my first attempt actually and i thought c5 would be easier..

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nargen debtor and to all of the forum I finally obtained to raise the server but some problems exist

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back