Mar 2011 Join Date
    Madrid, SpainLocation
    291Posts

Re: The history of this section.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by DominicGunn View Post
    History of Dominic Gunn
    Thanks for this,it helps me a lot to understand what happened in the past,im from KekoMundo(another spanish community of Retroservers),and im a fan of the Shockwave releases since 2007,i always work with them since that year(especially with the r13).

I know a lot of things related with Nillus(Basicly his life in Retroservers) because it was for me the "hero" of this history together with you and the guys that you said,the 99,9% of the people of my community dont know anything about this,and they dont care about it,they think that it only exists Holos,but they dont know the meaning of the word(LOL).

This history goes beyond what i knew,thanks for this.

(I have millions of words for this,millions of things to tell and to talk with you and some people,but its hard to explain in english,im spanish).

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    LondonLocation
    1,908Posts

Yay Dom posted :D.
    Its quite odd to see a section like this 'disintegrate' in a way, considering what's happened in the past.
    Interested in joining a developer/tech discord? PM me for more information!

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,126Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caustik View Post
    Yay Dom posted :D.
    Its quite odd to see a section like this 'disintegrate' in a way, considering what's happened in the past.
    I believe it's the same, but it's only worse at the same time, because if you think about it.

The time Dominic Gunn/Nillus/office.boy/Genaga were around, the internet was still pretty early. And only adults or young students had access to the internet at the time. Since then a lot more children now have access to the internet and are discovering the private server development of Habbo, thus more users, a bigger demand of a fully working server and a working hotel, yet no two-shits from these new users are given to care about the state of the quality of the section and it's decline.

It may seem sad, but it's the truth. More children getting access to the internet, more childish actions (for example we now have DoS attacks on other hotels, which is pathetic). I remember when I opened a test hotel of my server, and yes, it got DoSed, how silly.

That's my opinion on the fall of the section.
    Last edited by Quackster; 29-10-12 at 07:31 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    USALocation
    1,184Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    I believe it's the same, but it's only worse at the same time, because if you think about it.

The time Dominic Gunn/Nillus/office.boy/Genaga were around, the internet was still pretty early. And only adults or young students had access to the internet at the time. Since then a lot more children now have access to the internet and are discovering the private server development of Habbo, thus more users, a bigger demand of a fully working server and a working hotel, yet no two-shits from these new users are given to care about the state of the quality of the section and it's decline.

It may seem sad, but it's the truth. More children getting access to the internet, more childish actions (for example we now have DoS attacks on other hotels, which is pathetic). I remember when I opened a test hotel of my server, and yes, it got DoSed, how silly.

That's my opinion on the fall of the section.
    I totally agree with this. 4-5 years ago, I'm not gonna expose my age, but I was a young fellow and at this time, Nillus and other well-known and legit developers were around making developments come fucking true. Now at this point of time, it's much more young and when I say young meaning "18 years and down", have much more access to the internet. Their parents no longer use Parental Controls, they can now have access to materials they really should have access to. DoS attacks and other negativity is floating around much, much more than it was 4 and 5 years ago. We also have young developers which makes this thing positive, but they also look up to the older developers as well. In my opinion, there's not a huge fall in the section, it's just that there are too many "wanna-be" developers, caring more about reputation than production.
    Code:
    2009-2014 Habbo Developer.
    SC/IG/FB: HESCEEJAY

GammaRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,630Posts

happy Re: The history of this section.

Quick, this is history.

But this... this is a limited opportunity! Go go go! (and Aapo and all Sulake-friends are welcome too, infact, he even has an account! )

xoxo

Last edited by Nillus; 29-10-12 at 04:12 PM. Reason: screenshot

True MemberRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    Madrid, SpainLocation
    291Posts

For me the old Habbo means the true Habbo Hotel,and the word Phoenix means for me the next time,only called "Habbo".
    If someone dont understand the metaphor im sorry,im sure that some people will understand it ^_^

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,590Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I miss the shockwave times so much =(
    Me 2, the furnis where so much better. And they feel like Habbo. Nowadays those furnis you almost never see in a room...

True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    USALocation
    1,184Posts

The older ages of Habbo is what I really miss as well. These new revisions with furniture that's not even relevant and are never seen nowhere, but in the catalog. It reminds me of the revision of Coke Studios when it got transformed into There.com. I miss the older versions of Habbo, that's when it was really fun and game worth playing. Now it's just for the money.
    Code:
    2009-2014 Habbo Developer.
    SC/IG/FB: HESCEEJAY

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    AntarcticaLocation
    2,510Posts

Phoenix fucked us over, Nillus you making a come back, or just visiting us loners? :P

My Prediction for the next period:

Developers like you stated will release their work, Especially Sierra and open source development may make a come back, while the current era children are distracted by other things while development here booms!

But that is just a dream!
    Signatures are bad
    Irony is great

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    /home/roperLocation
    2,317Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ethicks View Post
    I love how Hebbo doesn't even get a mention.
    All of his projects were leaked, minus Hablog that is.

Luxo Hotel - Part of the Screwlake Group
    www.luxohotel.co.uk // www.twitter.com/luxocommunity

GammaRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    GothamLocation
    3,679Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    Phoenix fucked us over, Nillus you making a come back, or just visiting us loners? :P

My Prediction for the next period:

Developers like you stated will release their work, Especially Sierra and open source development may make a come back, while the current era children are distracted by other things while development here booms!

But that is just a dream!
    Stop being a bystander..

I'm not doing Grizzly to make the section better, I'm doing it because people like you dream of a utopia section but won't do anything about it.. What would the section be with a bunch of users like you?

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    AntarcticaLocation
    2,510Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Stop being a bystander..

I'm not doing Grizzly to make the section better, I'm doing it because people like you dream of a utopia section but won't do anything about it.. What would the section be with a bunch of users like you?
    Well I am a bystander as I only lurk around here, I don't really have an interest for Habbo, I just have an interest for this section, I use RaGEZONE for other things now.

I don't dream of Grizzly, heck I never even heard of it before you just mentioned it... and a bunch of users like me? I don't really associate with Habbo like I once did...

And what would the section be with a bunch of users like me, I'm sure you meant minus users like me? We lurk, we don't contribute anything, neither do we use anything released here, We just catch up on whats happening, I think you categorised me into one of your other groups, I'm not a leecher.
    Signatures are bad
    Irony is great

GammaRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    GothamLocation
    3,679Posts

By no means you are a leecher.. But this section needs producers. Users shouldn't hope that people show up and wow us (Look what that guy who acted like a chick did!). It isn't particularly hard to learn how to write code. There's enough people willing to help users learn the ropes, trust me on that.

I know I'm rambling on but just understand that instead of posting about a better section, do something about it.. (tl;dr) (Message to not just you but the whole section (contribute in your own way) )

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    HeavenLocation
    2,027Posts

Good luck in the future! Carpe diem!
    Going, going, gone. Thank you f/282 for all the amazing memories and great people I've met!

GammaRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    4,203Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Stop being a bystander..

It's beyond the point of no return (this section). A few new developments is great, but ideally users need teaching how to create their own emulators (a bit at least). This would provide users with the basic understanding and ability to make their hotels unique and it would probably make this section worth visiting again.

That won't happen though, so I'll keep dreaming.

Advertisement