Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Habbo Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love the fact how loads of people are saying without Phoenix we'd have more developments on-going, well would you duck. Some people may not wan't to pay for Phoenix, so they develop their own emulator, there's your answer, the only reason you've got people Ducking about with emulators ect in this section is because they think you shouldn't have to pay for an Emulator, so think about it, if Phoenix wasn't licensed, everybody would use it because no-one will know better, but because Phoenix is licensed and people don't wan't to pay for it, they develop their own emulator for the public (in some cases).

P.S, I have a Phoenix license.

Visual Studio for C#: Free
Programs for Java, C++, Lua, and etc: Free
Creating your own emulator or developing emulator: Free
Learning how to code: Free

Why spend money on some virtual stuff? You have all of the materials you need online in front of your face, learn how to use them and make yourself useful. The only people who purchase Phoenix Emulator are people who really want e-fame, people who can't code, and want to be spoonfed. Also, you seem really proud to have a Phoenix Emulator.

Question:
1. What if Aaron decided to cease the Phoenix Development, what are you going to do then?

Reaction score
I lol'd

And you want a name?
What about me? I might not be the best one to code a emulator (Haven't the patience for it) but I can if I would.
But yhee, I just love webdevs :)
Well, I believe you can code it, but it's IN THEORY. :3
And I'm sure there are more users who can code, take a look at the devsection....
Habbo Dev Section - 3 finished emulators since 2004.

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He also said pheonix's sockets were a piece of poop. Although he is just another user.. he's a user who's seen pheonix's source.

I've seen it too, everything is poop, but it works. It's like Uber with this giant bunch of hardcoded hacky buggy poop slapped on top of it. :laugh: I never understood why Aaron didn't start something from scratch in Java. :huh:

Also, what's the sockets hype here on RZ. Like, really. I've seen entire pages full of people talking about their 'sockets' and bla bla. Just use Netty, Mina or something similar and you're all set. No biggie. 'Sockets' are not the penis of your emulator, boys. They're just sockets.

This Butterfly thing and HabboLatino is even worse though. It's complete horrible and disgusting to anyone who knows efficient design and 'code is poetry'. :*:

I had to dig through it to find something relevant, and man, that's some really wild poop! The design is completely flawed and martinmine's quasi-advanced-looking code makes it even worse. All those fancy names for code that runs (and looks) like molten cheese, JIT optimizations really saved their butt there. :(: It's far from OO and full of bad practice. Pseudo-spanish comments everywhere. More redundancy than I've seen in any other large project. Irrelevant '1337-naming' that confuses the hell out of the reader. Weird things like nulling local variables before you return from a method? Hello, what language is this? Goodforyou that it works, but that's about it. In my humble opinion it's not good at all and if you shove that stuff into your professional portfolio or something you'd get laughed at. (same applies to Holograph Emulator, haha!) I hate to be so sour and everything, but I truly do miss 'evolution'. :mellow:

One of the best emulators I've seen in a long time is Snowlight. With a lot of things it's really spot on, you can see that Meth0d has come a long way! You can take a look at it, over at GitHub. It's not perfect and I heard it had major performance problems, but the design it atleast half-decent and it would be a way better base than Uber or Butterfly or HabboLatino or whatever! Same thing for Jenna Doe's project, it looked great. :love:

Note to Martin: please do not take all of this a personal insult or something, and I do know that you've contributed quite a lot to this section and that's a very good (and brave) thing to do. It's just that I really think that a new introduction to proper software design would be really helpful to you. (and your professional colleagues on the workfield) Ofcourse everyone has their own style and everything, but yours is a complete 180 degrees turnaround, and it's not a very positive one!

Anyhoo, I really think you guys should use a project like Snowlight to +1 your skills and insights for when it comes to designing such large systems, or even programming in general. Just have a good read through it on a rainy day. Read through it and understand it. Not the Habbo stuff, but the architecture and how everything is laid out. Then look back at one of martinmine's quasi-professional projects and you can see what I mean! Let go of bad practises and design flaws that have been hammered into your wobbly heads by yourself, others, or even me, lol. :laugh: There's a whole opensource world out there (nothing Habbo-related) consisting out of quality code and spending more time just reading and UNDERSTANDING it will truly brighten your visions and projects!

Good luck to all of you Habboons, code heavy and take your cornflake!

Reaction score
Hi, I heard Phoenix sockets were really badly coded and Phoenix is just hacked-together crap. Oh wait..

2000 online

1200 online

1200 online

30 days uptime

Need I continue?

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi, I heard Phoenix sockets were really badly coded and Phoenix is just hacked-together crap. Oh wait..

2000 online

1200 online

1200 online

30 days uptime

Need I continue?

I especially liked the part where you actually showed us that Phoenix was no hacked-together crap and indeed possesses this more-than-adequate somewhat e-penile internetworking apparatus. Any IL disassembler says no. Please do refrain from continuing.

Still, awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight your sockets can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
According to Aaron's status, If your Virtual Private/Dedicated Server isn't big enough it will close out the application using the most memory.. (1200 users = 29GB). Is that a sign of bad memory management? Just wondering..

Reaction score
According to Aaron's status, If your Virtual Private/Dedicated Server isn't big enough it will close out the application using the most memory.. (1200 users = 29GB). Is that a sign of bad memory management? Just wondering..
That's someone with a big butt database who knows how to configure MySQL. And of course I'm not going to post my source, nice try though. The only person who has ever seen the source is Shorty & Dan, and they saw it from my computer screen, the source has never left my computer thus anyone else claiming to have seen it is talking poop - deobfuscated code doesn't count, of course that's going to look like butt.

Thanks for the memories!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Though I like to claim I am divine, the speed at which I write emulators is down to my large familiarity with the Habbo protocol, which means I can write classes that work well, fast!
Dom, most of the work in a Habbo emu is not in the network protocol! It's game logic. :love:

That's someone with a big butt database who knows how to configure MySQL. And of course I'm not going to post my source, nice try though. The only person who has ever seen the source is Shorty & Dan, and they saw it from my computer screen, the source has never left my computer thus anyone else claiming to have seen it is talking poop - deobfuscated code doesn't count, of course that's going to look like butt.

I heavily obfuscated some of my work, decompiled it and checked it out. Still looked pretty mint. Phoenix just looks like Uber. Which is crap. Meep. Or did you rewrite it, in a new and better way? Doesn't look like it.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's right

Oh, come on! Every second developer there thinks that he is super pro coder and knows everything.
And also starting coding emu without done packetlogs and researches is really stupid.

What I've done;

Thanks to Near for packetlogging for me;
Makarov - The history of this section. - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks to Zak for packetlogging for me;
Makarov - The history of this section. - RaGEZONE Forums

So again,
Fuckings to you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dom, most of the work in a Habbo emu is not in the network protocol! It's game logic. :love:.

Well, Lemon was wrote up to the latest revisions which required perfect protocol structure; not just a hack and slash job of "HHIHH". You're right though, alot of the functionality in Habbo is logic based!

That's not his point.

Give me a reason why he would finish his emulator in a month?

Your turn..

If that was directed at me, though I was sometimes offered obscene amounts of money for Lemon (some prices ranging from 50€ monthly, all the way up to 2000€ monthly), I never once and I never will sell any illegal framework which infringes upon another companies work.

I will never be known as a reason that a game I enjoyed for much of my childhood was brought to its knees because of competition from hundreds of free emulations. I emulate for personal gain, to host small sessions with my friends on much older versions of Habbo that no longer exist, and to test myself.

That is it. Never for money.

Not.
Even
Once.

Rogu3
Reaction score
I agree with Crawl. We shouldn't be copying Habbo's every move because they're certainly going in the wrong direction.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOOOL. Nice combination of Habbo and Science. It was really intresting to read really. I've only expereienced r63 and afew old school retros.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Proud ex-owner of a retro from the Classical Greece age. I used to run Moo Hotel on v14 hotel, when egg chairs were new.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been here for almost the same amount of time, And yea it's interesting but now we get to see the interesting downfall of Habbo.
In all honesty I think the Ragezone community can do it without Habbo and make better improvements, but it might take a little more time.

But yea, seeing it go from v14-r63 is insane! I've built almost every Habbo retro, even the RP's and v26 is by far my favorite.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree that Another Pax Romana is just about to rise but right now we're not there, not in my opinion at least.

We're like a few months away, I believe Sierra will be one of the greatest and first releases in the Pax Romana Age, and I believe Alex will kick start the new age!

Dark, Meidival, Feudal Age
Phoenix Only

At this point the only progressing emulator and development is Phoenix. It has no real competition. All releases you see are compatible with Phoenix. The only person making bank right now is Sojobo. 90% of the big hotels run on phoenix. Although Meth0d did try to revive Uber Emulator with Uber Professional or Snowlight, the project died out after about a month and was considered a failed project. The one good thing that DominicGunn and office.boy had done was slow down development in this community including Phoenix with their decision to help Sulake develop a stronger system.

I believe the Snowlight information is wrong, It was around 6 months from start to the actual source release for Snowlight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that Another Pax Romana is just about to rise but right now we're not there, not in my opinion at least.

We're like a few months away, I believe Sierra will be one of the greatest and first releases in the Pax Romana Age, and I believe Alex will kick start the new age!

I believe the Snowlight information is wrong, It was around 6 months from start to the actual source release for Snowlight.

I haven't seen any proof that Sierra will bring up the new age, seeing as BCStorm already functions better than it.. and it's already been released. Plus Snowlight was hyped up for some time but.. it was ignored shortly after.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any proof that Sierra will bring up the new age, seeing as BCStorm already functions better than it.. and it's already been released. Plus Snowlight was hyped up for some time but.. it was ignored shortly after.

BCStorm is decompiled, and extremely messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back