Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The history of this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since when was it pronounced 'decompiled'. Especially since users can edit code and compile with no problems. And it doesn't matter if it's messy it still runs circles around Sierra. if you disagree bring proper proof.

I can compile UberEmulator Original Leak with no problems. Yet it doesn't excuse the fact its poorly written.

Oh and about "runs circles around Sierra" in what way? Features certainly, But in efficiency and other areas I believe that Sierra has the advantage in.

And its hardly fair to compare samples of code, One is Java, the other is C Sharp.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Since when was it pronounced 'decompiled'. Especially since users can edit code and compile with no problems. And it doesn't matter if it's messy it still runs circles around Sierra. if you disagree bring proper proof.

Leon told me it was recovered from a compiled .exe.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dark, Meidival, Feudal Age
Phoenix Only

At this point the only progressing emulator and development is Phoenix. It has no real competition. All releases you see are compatible with Phoenix. The only person making bank right now is Sojobo. 90% of the big hotels run on phoenix. Although Meth0d did try to revive Uber Emulator with Uber Professional or Snowlight, the project died out after about a month and was considered a failed project. The one good thing that DominicGunn and office.boy had done was slow down development in this community including Phoenix with their decision to help Sulake develop a stronger system.

End of an era. (for the good)

It's finally over.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The best language for the job (barring restrictions like "this has to be in C, we need to use it on embedded systems" or other such requirements) is whatever you feel would be the best tool for the job. That might be C++, C#, Python, Java... whatever. No language is objectively superior to another.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. garbage collector
2. low-level OS support
Those are subjective advantages, not objective. Java performs better generally in some instances and some people are much better coders in Java. Okay, but that's subjective.

A knife is better than a hammer at cutting meat, subjectively it is a better tool. Objectively a knife is no better a tool than a hammer. And that's all languages are, tools.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. garbage collector
2. low-level OS support

I agree with most, but in my opinion VS2012+C# is a bit more 'noob'-friendly than Java:

- Quick auto-syntax on the IDE (Type in Console., you'll immediately see all choosable methods/fields/properties. In Netbeans/Eclipse, it takes a few seconds)
- Ability to create properties:

PHP:
private int mID;

public int getID()
{
return this.mID;
}

public void setID(int mID)
{
this.mID = mID;
}

Can be shortned to:

PHP:
public int ID
{
get;
set;
}

- Snippets (if you have for example a 'for'-snippet and you forgot how it worked, you can use 'for' -> 2 times 'tab')
- Quick creating of method/property/field (in VS2012 right mouseclick -> Resolve, in Eclipse go over the code -> wait a few seconds -> import)

In my opinion C# is much better because also of the IDE. I'll just stick with C#.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're a good story teller, thanks for this post.
Now I know a lot more about this section and about the version + emulator on that area.

Very helpful and useful post.
- Nordon.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Next chapter (2013 - 2014) summarized:

Sulake has been taking serious action within the past month. Phoenix has closed. DCR-Project has gone. Quackster has left and the Sierra project has received a DMCA on my GitHub repository, therefore won't be available. Many people already have left the Habbo section to be safe. A lot of sites including TheHabbos.ORG has also received a DMCA.

--

I predict in a years time or more, the /f282 section will be dead.

Reaction score

Sulake has been taking serious action within the past month. Phoenix has closed. DCR-Project has gone. Quackster has left and the Sierra project has received a DMCA on my GitHub repository, therefore won't be available. Many people already have left the Habbo section to be safe. A lot of sites including TheHabbos.ORG has also received a DMCA.

--

The section already is pretty dead compared to what it was just 6 months ago... It's been a fun journey and I've learned many things.

Reaction score

--

You don't get to add more :-(

Reaction score
I actually don't think it will fizzle out just like that, i think there will be people downloading everything then can to use in the future.
Sulake will take a lot of poop out, but people will come back like dumb fuckers that they are!

Retired
Loyal Member
Reaction score

--

You can add that Butterfly is dead and I'm done with Habbo dev as well :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
New chapter

Modern Days (2013-2014)

Many Developers have received warning from sulake such as, Quackster & Leon
Bcstorm is slowing down slowly
Sulake is starting to take serious action on retro.. Sobjo was taken to court
How will we all hold on.. whats next from this modern age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back