Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ClientSetup.exe What Does It Do Exactly?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright so I know that the ClientSetup.exe is used to adjust/set your clients game settings.

However, my question is how does it work exactly?

I know it mods the "RenderOption.dat" and "Mp.ini" files.

The reason why I'm asking is because I want to either mod the ClientSetup.exe, or create a new one in order to create new Resolutions for the client. If I create a new one, it would get the users current screen resolution and set that as the highest resolution.

This idea is just to provide a fix for the Resolution issue on Windows 64 bit systems.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On this forum you can find:
1. exe's that change the resolution
2. reg files that update your reolution
3. tutorials that point you to HKLM\Software[\Wow6432Node]\GamaSoft\*\(Width/Height)

In short, the resolution is set in registry for which it's pretty easy to write apps for.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I know that... My intention is to write a new app for it, but I noticed that the ClientSetup.exe updated two files, the RenderOption.dat and Mp.ini which are encrypted it seems. My question is what does the ClientSetup.exe send to these two files, is it important, and if not can I run the game without issues if these two files were not changed.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's not really hard to test is it?
1. delete file, run game see what happens
2. open client setup and see if the values are as before

3. redo the above with clearing in registry and see if everything defaulted in client setup.

Looking the registry then everything seems to be there.

Back