Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Official RYL lar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... This is what I think
ROW is a failure.

Half of the new stuff added is absolutely pointless...
Why does it matter that when you hover over something it turns green?
Why does it matter that monsters names are different colours?
and I can live with 3 inventorys. lmao

I played for like 3 seconds, didnt even get to level 2 without uninstalling

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Those sound like small things but it's something we can't do with private servers at the moment.
I like having more inventory tabs and the colors make it easier to recognize the mobs no idea what you meant with 'turning green when you hover over something' cause I haven't installed the RoW client yet.

Sounds fun though. Thumbs up Youxi... Guess patching goes faster if you do it for yourself eh? lol I remember when Youxi did patches for PoTE... Delay ftw.?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Huhu i just found out how to put Mount on our servers :)
Gonna test it :)
But i am sure it gonna work ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol, from what i've heard when you try to put the new features on your server, they cause major crashes.

And there is no MOUNTS, I'm level 30, and i haven't seen any mounts. And if you're talking bout the pictures on the website, those are photoshopped.

True from what stealthy said, they have done stuff we're not able to do, and i kind of enjoy it more then our crappy private servers. Everything they added is pretty nice, and different. They've patched 3 times, with new stuff and features each time. Plus they actually listen this time to people when they report stuff. Server was up for 4 days, people complained and said party xp was bugged. Next day it was fixed. So congrats to them on that. :drinks_no:drinks_no:drinks_no

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ya, I'm kind of confused on that, because last time I checked... RYL isn't WoW. .. but ya.. :eek6::eek6:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What youxi did was---
looked at WoW

and said, HEY! lets take ryl, make top level 60, add some stuff and re-release it, causing a new hype!

Then later on well make an expansion thatll cost 50$ and itll increase top lvl to 70 mwahahahha

LMAOO

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oO osk kinda has a point there except for the "well make an expansion thatll cost 50$ and increase top lvl to 70"

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... This is what I think
ROW is a failure.

Half of the new stuff added is absolutely pointless...
Why does it matter that when you hover over something it turns green?
Why does it matter that monsters names are different colours?
and I can live with 3 inventorys. lmao

So wrong on that aspect, cause 99,9% (read about all) P servers have the same content (and people still play um). ROW has new stuff that the P scene doesn't have, and granted they can do it cause they are official but that doesn't mean that it sucks

Same story with POTE, compare the content between 16XX and 175X at that time and compare that to ROW.

What I mean is for RYL standards the stuff they did to ROW is revolutionary.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol, from what i've heard when you try to put the new features on your server, they cause major crashes.

And there is no MOUNTS, I'm level 30, and i haven't seen any mounts. And if you're talking bout the pictures on the website, those are photoshopped.

True from what stealthy said, they have done stuff we're not able to do, and i kind of enjoy it more then our crappy private servers. Everything they added is pretty nice, and different. They've patched 3 times, with new stuff and features each time. Plus they actually listen this time to people when they report stuff. Server was up for 4 days, people complained and said party xp was bugged. Next day it was fixed. So congrats to them on that. :drinks_no:drinks_no:drinks_no

listen to what ppl say? i think almost every game has done it in the start. In the time when idiots and forum trolls come aboard they just turn a deaf ear to the community.

able to do things we cant -
1. weather effects - client side unprotected files, just needs some time to find out how they work.
2. different mob name colors - the color codes are static in the client exe, get a color probe, search, investigate, test.
3. terrain changes - the z3s file structure has been explained in the zalla project if someone would take his time and read it - its nothing hard.
4. 4 tab inv - few dds changes and remove the item type check from the tab. asm.
5. didnt really get the green stuff. something like on-hover highlightning like in wow?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
theres new gm commands/itemtypes etc to

i can't seem to unpack it cuz i suck at life. If someone wants to explain how or send me a unpacked one i'll poke it for the xor keys (assuming it hasn't changed to much) and extract the gsf files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
they didnt change the key for gsf files
buuuuut
[hint]image[/hint]

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They changed the steno image.
All you have to do is update the offset cause it's bigger/smaller.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They changed the steno image.
All you have to do is update the offset cause it's bigger/smaller.

ah ok ty I had poped one or two open in photoshop before but i didn't look at all of them.... indeed they are different pretty simple fix too :p

/edit/

k maybe not so quick lawl

rylCoder isn't actually erroring out on splitting the data from the picture, rather getting figuring out which gsf file it is.

The following needs to be changed
Code:
Private Shared typeCodes As Integer() = {17073, 60006, 41094, 17073, 50407, 84703, 214233}

you can get the right codes by doing
Code:
Dim typec As UInt32
typec = AddMath.getUInt32(0, file)

I haven't had time to test because i can't get the source to even load up for me in VS 2008 ;(
I think the above will work tho ^^

Release source on vs 2008 alpha? <333

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ah ok ty I had poped one or two open in photoshop before but i didn't look at all of them.... indeed they are different pretty simple fix too :p

/edit/

k maybe not so quick lawl

rylCoder isn't actually erroring out on splitting the data from the picture, rather getting figuring out which gsf file it is.

The following needs to be changed
Code:
Private Shared typeCodes As Integer() = {17073, 60006, 41094, 17073, 50407, 84703, 214233}

you can get the right codes by doing
Code:
Dim typec As UInt32
typec = AddMath.getUInt32(0, file)

I haven't had time to test because i can't get the source to even load up for me in VS 2008 ;(
I think the above will work tho ^^

Release source on vs 2008 alpha? <333

lol im quoting myself..

I got it to work (yay!)

Heres the new codes:
Code:
Private Shared typeCodes As Integer() = {46609, 46076, 40291, 46609, 46072, 17073, 214233}

I recompiled rylCoder as rowCoder with this change and it reads all the gsf files perfectly :)

I'll share if alpha okay's it seeing how its 99.9998% his work... I find it odd that the xor keys and the typecodes are hard coded and not in the gsfStruct i think on my ver im gonna change that. The typecodes really look useless for determining what file it is, why not just use the actual file name?

/edit/
Sample Pic:
xChroniCxLinKx - New Official RYL lar. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the xor keys aint really hardcoded cose somehow rylcoder had to work with fusion files which have changed xor keys. and why im using the data offset's to determine file types? simple - they were always static and that was the best method at that time. gsfCoder class is a hacked version of the version 1 code, i havent ever rewritten it, thats why its crap, deal with it.

as for releasing the coder yoshi - as long it points out to the users who has made the base code, it doesnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back