Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ryl1] Cannot Chat

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
help me
server is open but noone can speak general conversation or public conversation

attached log file (chat server)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yeah i got the same error. My server starts up and everything, and i can login to game. but no chat :( please help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have the same problem and if anyone knows how to solve this plz reply.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
makesure auth,etc.. are all connected to it
[Ty-DET][Tm-2007-05-14 05:54:44][Ex-this:0x00CFB9E4/GameServer(ID:0x02000502) disconnected.][Rt-CChatGameServerDispatch::Disconnected][FN-D:\Work\RYL\Source\v.538]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, so everything is connected EXCEPT when i open console for map servers , log sever is disconected. Also i noticed it said server channel 0. i set all my CH to 1. Any ideas???

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
just mess around cause in the log file it said stuff is d/c so thats ur problem (i am betting) so jsut look at all the console's and ones isnt working its probly auth serv

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score
Chat server has a channel option also.

Look in ur config tool (demonsetup) on the last page ad check that the chat server is in the same group and channel as all the map servers

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think i figured it out. I have a router. so heres how i did it. ALL my ip adresses in the ENTIRE server config files, i put 127.0.0.1 save and all that junk. Then in SeverSetupDlg > Game i went threw all the zones. (still all ips are 127.0.0.1) Just change the Chatserver to your WAN IP for all zones. Save regulary. Then go to Log And Chat. and change the Chatserver at the bottom to your WAN IP as well. So far, this has worked for me. hope it helps :D

Moooooooooooooooo
Reaction score
all server IP's have to be WAN's if u havent figured it out b4(and i think it was said in the "how to setup" guide also, only mssql connections can be to local if ur mssql server is on the same pc.

Back