Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

In Need of Unpacked 557 Client, or Client.exe with GG Removed...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm trying to find an unpacked 557 client.exe so that I can remove GG, all the links for already released versions seem to be dead via both Ragezone and Google searches.

Or... If someone has already done this and wants to send the Client.exe that would work too.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
NVM... Unpacked it myself & successfully removed GG :).

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why not share it then? :)
Someone may end up with the same issue, finds your thread ..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol Alpha, I chose not to share it because when I asked for others to simply provide me with an unpacked exe so I could disable GG no one answered back, even though I know at least one person must've had it. So why should I release something I had to work on myself...

Anyways, if anyone wants to do it themselves and actually LEARN something... I will give you some hints.

There is a tutorial on this forum section on how to unpack the RYL2 Client.exe, you can connect the dots for RYL1. Or if you search long enough, possibly even through google, you can find an unpacked.exe.

Anyways to remove GG, if you have no experience, witch I'm sure you don't, start with something small...

First remove the requirement that the Login.exe launch the Client.exe from the Client.exe, it's simple. It's also good start to get your mind in Assembly mode.

If you don't know Assembly language programming, or at least it's basics, then research it.

Basically you want to find where GG loads in the Client.exe, then find where there is a Comparison operation that decides for it to load. After that comparison it should jump to the spot where GG loads.

What you want to do, is negate that jump.

For a very real example, you want to negate JNZ, change it to perhaps JE.

Then you must also disable GG error reporting, by searching for the produced error in assembly and stepping through it until you find it's origin. At this point you should be able to do that on your own.

hih

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm in someway i agreed with Scapoot

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So why should I release something I had to work on myself...

I kindly ask you to remove all traces of of my products since "i worked on it and why should anyone else get it".
That includes:
rylCoder, rylAreaCoder, rylServerController, rylPatchCreator, any database fix and what not i have shared.

There would be no ryl section in RZ if everyone would be the person you are right now.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I kindly ask you to remove all traces of of my products since "i worked on it and why should anyone else get it".
That includes:
rylCoder, rylAreaCoder, rylServerController, rylPatchCreator, any database fix and what not i have shared.

There would be no ryl section in RZ if everyone would be the person you are right now.

yes thats it!

hih

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That includes:

Indeed

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That includes:

You're telling me that by providing, pretty much, a road map to how to produce the same result there wouldn't be people that produced the same thing?

If you released information rather then programs, people would have built the programs themselves. At least anyone that wants to actually accomplish something meaningful with the game.

With information, RZ would still have an RYL section...

I firmly believe, that if you put enough work into something you will eventually understand how it works, know how to accomplish what you want, and not require someone to just hand you the finished product.
It's only a matter of getting over your frustrations, being patient, and research.

AND I'm not saying that your releases aren't greatly appreciated, they save everyone a lot of time, are very convenient, and appreciated.

Moooooooooooooooo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're telling me that by providing, pretty much, a road map to how to produce the same result there wouldn't be people that produced the same thing?

If you released information rather then programs, people would have built the programs themselves. At least anyone that wants to actually accomplish something meaningful with the game.

With information, RZ would still have an RYL section...

I firmly believe, that if you put enough work into something you will eventually understand how it works, know how to accomplish what you want, and not require someone to just hand you the finished product.
It's only a matter of getting over your frustrations, being patient, and research.

AND I'm not saying that your releases aren't greatly appreciated, they save everyone a lot of time, are very convenient, and appreciated.

So my work = my tools = guides = info to work on ryl
Your work = client.exe = game = ryl itself

That's the seperation you are making, i assume.
So where does the shared game itself fall into? I mean all the different versions that have been shared mostly by Stealthy. Unfinished game? Not equal to your work? And there would be a ryl section if those guys would've acted like you?

My point is i seriously dislike people who ask something, get it solved and then either replace their first post with "solved" or just say no need anymore. This doesn't fall excactly to your case only but overall - what was the result, how did they solve it - just something, when a dude is googling and lands on his thread and all he gets is 'solved' - great.

hih

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then AlphA , maybe he thinks the way that u would not release rSec free for public .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So my work = my tools = guides = info to work on ryl
Your work = client.exe = game = ryl itself

That's the seperation you are making, i assume.
So where does the shared game itself fall into? I mean all the different versions that have been shared mostly by Stealthy. Unfinished game? Not equal to your work? And there would be a ryl section if those guys would've acted like you?

My point is i seriously dislike people who ask something, get it solved and then either replace their first post with "solved" or just say no need anymore. This doesn't fall excactly to your case only but overall - what was the result, how did they solve it - just something, when a dude is googling and lands on his thread and all he gets is 'solved' - great.
I'm saying what you are saying. The sharing of information is what makes up a true development forum... I don't plan on releasing my exe on here, I've provided the knowledge that I used to disable it from RYL1, anyone that wants it bad enough has all the required knowledge from my earlier post to do it themselves.

That's not to say that anyone who uses the information I've passed, doesn't release their work.

Then AlphA , maybe he thinks the way that u would not release rSec free for public .
I'm not pre-occupied with the idea of protection at this moment, no...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no more argue.......release or not release are freedom of developer
Wasn't really an argument, I respect alpha's opinion.
Just discussion of opinions really..

Anyways, topic has the info that anyone might need now. So cheers.

hih

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then Scapoot Release The Way you Unpack it , I know you don't Want to release it bcause of several reason , if you do that , i am really apreciate it

Back