Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Add Battle point saving.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello friends, would like to know if you have any tutorial teaching add battle point saving 100%.

I added the battle point over only that it does not save. :(:

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so you don't post any info on how the system works or anything, doesnt share anything. When I said nobody has posted a guide, and reading your first post that you said you know how to do it, you could have created a new guide for us.
You just came here asking us to do it for you. I don't see any reason this should remain opened...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand the topic.
  • What are "battle points"
  • If you have them, what do you need [help] with?
  • What is expected as a response? (I was hoping someone else here understood you and would use clearer English to fill in the blanks, but it seems I'm not alone)
I'd feel like this thread needs explaining or deleting, not closing. I don't like to see a thread deleted just because it's not clear English, but we could fill the section with jibberish and just burry any useful info. So if that's as far as this thread gets, I say do it.

Any advance on *meaning*?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[*]What are "battle points"

I think he's talking about BP from BC. Points for killing other players.

In that case I'm sure server hold this value somewhere. Just send it to SQL DB to save and restore it.
SQL.dll/CLan.dll and "ODBC login code" in server are examples of how PT server communicate with SQL server.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I felt Bless castle score was logged somewhere. Most of the log files are created from the DLLs anyway, and if that's the case, the code should be there somewhere. As ever, this is something that needs lots of people with clans set up in order to test, and I've never had that sort of setup. But I'm sure I saw BC scores in the log files of other peoples servers I've worked on. Am I mistaken?

HD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think he's talking about BP from BC. Points for killing other players.

In that case I'm sure server hold this value somewhere. Just send it to SQL DB to save and restore it.
SQL.dll/CLan.dll and "ODBC login code" in server are examples of how PT server communicate with SQL server.

is it the same as our friend talking is about BP of Bless castle.
moderation rather rigid to help lock the topic.
My doubts whether is how to save the BP for SQL.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, okay. I don't know how that is done, but I guess it has been done before. Don't GMDestroyers websites list BC Points and Scores?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe you're talking about the BP save by asp code, right?!

There are many ways to add "BP Save", in this archive ( developed by Daan )
The Battle Point is saved on the SQL by asp code, he wrote two asp codes based on clan system to save the BP... I'll post where he edited on executable and I hope you can understand what happens.

0055E15B |. E8 256DF503 CALL RealityP.044B4E85

00589C06 .-E9 B276A70F JMP HanDes.100012BD

00589D28 >-E9 F175A70F JMP HanDes.1000131E ; Case 0 of switch 00589D18

00589FF0 $-E9 9A71A70F JMP HanDes.1000118F

0049F07C .-0F84 A05A0104 JE RealityP.044B4B22

( The Battle Point's value is here: 0x044D4EF4 )

The way he did it it's not the best way to do it...

In my opinion, the best way to do it is with packets...

You'll send a packet to server, and server will 'put' the BP on the SQL, I can't explain more, but I hope you understand just a little bit of what I said :eek:tt1:

I don't write anything in english for a long time, so please, forgive me for any mistake.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Liked and Rep+. Thanks for an excellent response with well cited sources and documented procedures. :):

Looks like a good solution TBH. While I agree that packets have some advantages, the same could (and I would say "should") be applied to Clan info and SoD, which is also done client side, via ASP.

However, the best solution would be to locate the data in the server executable, and have the server pass the battle points to the SQL database without internet communication. I'm fairly sure the server is responsible for transmitting that data to the client for it to display. If I'm right, then my solution should be possible, if you only have the time to debug it. I'm still not convinced that there isn't a partial implementation in the SQL libraries (DLLs) if you're using them, and that would only need fixing / finishing, but I'm also not so confident about that.

Back