Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to ADD a MAP at Blue core

Reaction score
hi, i try to add some maps to teleport core, like S3, so , when i take the cursor and folow down, i dont see any selection...

how i can fix it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think I know the answer you are looking for, but I can read your request one of 2 or 3 ways...

1) Core doesn't go anywhere now.
2) Core doesn't have a tool tip when you hover the cursor over it.
3) Nothing to do with core, but the teleport list from Bless / Newter etc.

Can you try to clarify the question? I can't answer any of these, but some I have a clue (just a small clue) how they work. XD

TBH, I though you would be the expert here. XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
He wants to know how to add a Map destination on the blue Teleport Core (premium item)

Reaction score
sorry... yeah, i am trying to add a new map teleport, like s3, in blue core ( bi109 )
so.. they have much destinations, (27) and i try to add news, 28 = s3 ...
but i find the place where the code is, ( the field 'call' and number of it in the list of maps ) and i add and realoc in blue core ...
but when i take the cursor in name of the new map some like it :
27 : Endless tower 2
(i write and add in client from here... )
28 : santuary 3
( i can't select ... it... in that core (bi109) so i wanna to know how add maps destinations on blue-core )

++ or, how i can make a npc teleport, or edit one ?

tnks for all help and sorry about my english ^^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand now. Blue cores are supposed to bring a list, like the teleport NPCs. Most of my clients have lots of them, each with a different item code, and all called "Teleport Core", but they don't do anything... so I guessed there was something missing from my server for them to work, but the list for NPCs is in a .sin file.

I presumed that the locations for Newter operate by field number... as each field on my list are the same as the /field number. So he acts like a /field for non-GMs. I once added another Newter to Ric to make it easier to get about without logging as GM.

That list of locations (I believe you know) is a massive "switch/case" array in the server code... It's a bad way to do it, but I guess it was fine when they started out with 5 or 6 fields and they just didn't consider the game growing the way it has. IMHO it needs redesigning... but I don't understand the how it works in enough depth to truly re-write it.

So, back to your blue cores... all the other destinations work okay, but the new one (28: santury 3) doesn't do anything when you click it? It shows up on the list, in game, but clicking does nothing?

I guess you need to trap the code that happens when you click one of the destinations that do work. It is possible there is a "bounds check" so that numbers over 27 are not matched, or simply that it runs down an array of destinations and 28 isn't on the list.

You could try changing the "27: Endless tower 2" line to say "28: Endless tower 2" instead, and see if it still takes you to ET2, or to Sanc3, or nowhere at all. I suspect it will take you nowhere... but that would prove whether it is the line number, the string or the number at the start (most probable) that generates the destination. Actually, to really prove the point, if it does take you nowhere, would be to change the number back to 27, and make the string "27: Nowhere at all" and see if that then takes you to ET2 again... which means the only part it cares about is the digits before the colon. (":" = colon, for those who may not know the name of that symbol)

Perhaps you can locate where the text "28: santuary 3" is loaded into memory (using Olly) and break on references to it. I suspect that there is some string manipulation to take only the digits before the name, and to perform a str->int conversion on them, then to work the rest of the processing on that integer value.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@bobsobol ... hmm for blue core, i think have a 'bounds check' but i cant finde anything....

and about npc teleport...
its not like field ...
they have some function i try it...
i take the "babel quest" NPC, and IN CLIENT, only it, i find the codes of this npc, and a find a refer to map... (forever-fall 2d map =x )
so, i try to edit and but the refer like i do with replace in blue core...
i find some like it
"....
Push 30
retn "
so i change that push, and thats work, i change push 30 for push 31, and npc teleport now for endlesstower1 ( they take newster funcition )
so, i try many codes, and fine funny things...
linke CRAFT NPC. and how to enable 'forever' the Fury quest..
but.. the codes goes only to push 35, and i not find a field list yet =/
so, u can help me to find where is it ?

tnks a lot!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
0047003C . /7E 12 jle short 00470050
0047003E . |81FB 54010000 cmp ebx, 154
00470044 . |7D 0A jge short 00470050
00470046 . |C705 7CB50503>mov dword ptr [305B57C], 8
00470050 > \8B4424 14 mov eax, dword ptr [esp+14]
00470054 . 33C9 xor ecx, ecx
00470056 83F8 16 cmp eax, 16
00470059 . 66:890D 58A00>mov word ptr [306A058], cx
00470060 75 6E jnz short 004700D0
00470062 . 33C0 xor eax, eax
00470064 66:833D 5EA00>cmp word ptr [306A05E], 4 ///////page number
0047006C . 0F95C0 setne al
0047006F . 48 dec eax
00470070 . 83E0 FB and eax, FFFFFFFB
00470073 . 83C0 0A add eax, 0A
00470076 . 0FBFD0 movsx edx, ax
00470079 . 3BD1 cmp edx, ecx
0047007B 7E 53 jle short 004700D0
0047007D . 8BBE 4CA60603 mov edi, dword ptr [esi+306A64C]
00470083 > 8D47 14 lea eax, dword ptr [edi+14]
00470086 . 3BC5 cmp eax, ebp
00470088 . 7D 41 jge short 004700CB
0047008A . 8B86 54A60603 mov eax, dword ptr [esi+306A654]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We really need a
Code:
 tag that formats assembler. The way the PHP strips tabs and contracts white-space... even in a [code] block is really frustrating to try and read.

I try to add syntax highlighting manually in asm listings, but that's as far as I can go in a post.

[code]    [COLOR=Navy][B]jle [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]short[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]00470050[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]cmp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]ebx[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]154[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]jge [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]short[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]00470050[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]mov [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]dword ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=DarkOrchid]305B57C[/COLOR]], [COLOR=Red]8[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]00470050[/COLOR]:
    [COLOR=Navy][B]mov [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=RoyalBlue]dword ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=Blue][I]esp[/I][/COLOR]+[COLOR=Red]14[/COLOR]]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]xor [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]ecx[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue][I]ecx[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]cmp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]16[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]mov [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]word ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=DarkOrchid]306A058[/COLOR]], [COLOR=Blue][I]cx[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]jnz [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]short [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]004700D0[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]xor [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]cmp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]word ptr [/COLOR][[COLOR=DarkOrchid]306A05E[/COLOR]], [COLOR=Red]4    [/COLOR][COLOR=Green]; page number[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]setne [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]al[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]dec [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]and [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]FFFFFFFB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]add [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Red]0A[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]movsx [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]edx[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue][I]ax[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]cmp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]edx[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue][I]ecx[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]jle [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]short [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]004700D0[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]mov [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]edi[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=RoyalBlue]dword ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=Blue][I]esi[/I][/COLOR]+[COLOR=DarkOrchid]306A64C[/COLOR]]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]lea [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]eax[/COLOR], [COLOR=RoyalBlue]dword ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=Blue][I]edi[/I][/COLOR]+[COLOR=Red]14[/COLOR]]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]cmp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue][I]ebp[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]jge [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=RoyalBlue]short [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]004700CB[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy][B]mov [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][I]eax[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=RoyalBlue]dword ptr[/COLOR] [[COLOR=Blue][I]esi[/I][/COLOR]+[COLOR=DarkOrchid]306A654[/COLOR]]
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]004700CB[/COLOR]:
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]004700D0[/COLOR]:
Key:-
Op-code
Register
Constant
Offset
Comment
Fluff
(by which I mean, "key words" which are unnecessary... eg "short" all jmps are short in a flat model, and all Win32 is flat model. or "DWord Ptr" anything in square brackets is a pointer, and in a 32bit Windows app, unless otherwise stated all pointers are 32bit DWords.)
I still don't recognise that code... but I would have a good hunt for it as strangefay is rarely wrong on such matters... while I am a map noob, and probably wouldn't recognise what I'd achieved if I managed to do something. XD

Thanks strangefay. :):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
strangefay reads and writes fluent x86. He's very good at it. XD

I suspect that, unlike me, he has gotten around to reading the entire program... either that or he just focuses in on entirely different sections of code to me.

I also believe his server has one or two custom maps implemented, and the means of getting in and out of them... though I've never played there, so I couldn't say which ones... Atlantis maybe?

I'm glad his information helped you... though I still don't properly understand it my self. You should really give the man a
microamazing - how to ADD a MAP at Blue core - RaGEZONE Forums
for his time. :wink:

---edit---
Oh and... this post seems to make assumptions about strangefays gender... which I have no evidence to back. So, when I say "he", "his" and "man" I mean them as "person" gender unspecific. :wink:

Last edited:
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I found that cmp word ptr [const], 3 which makes the extra entry clickable. however, that doesnt make it work when you click it, anyone know where the section is that actually makes you teleport?

Back