Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anti Buum! Informations.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i'm brazilian and i want to say: my english is bad.

I am searching for the packet responsible for the Buum in the source code that have released in the forum, and i found it...Now, i want to share some information about that.

First: The address referenced in the "Server Exploit - Remote Crash" ( 0x00846090 ) is responsible for Disable Login in the server.

Second: If the value of this address is:
- 1 -> The server will block any login.
- 2 -> The server will sleep for 2 minutes every time ( In other words, server will not crash, but it will sleep forever ).

Third: The value of this address will only be changed ( by default ) at server startup from the following ways:
- 1 -> Reading *DISABLE_LOGIN number from Hotuk.ini and writing his value.
- 2 -> If the *DISABLE_LOGIN does not have a number in front of him, the value will be 1.
- 3 -> If the *DISABLE_LOGIN does not exists ( // ), value will be 0.

Fourth: The packet 0x50321010 will only Log the Hack...Now, the simplest solution is to check values in the packets, or use a default log.

Someone more experience can tell me if this is correct? Or correct some mistakes about it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i'm brazilian and i want to say: my english is bad.

I am searching for the packet responsible for the Buum in the source code that have released in the forum, and i found it...Now, i want to share some information about that.

First: The address referenced in the "Server Exploit - Remote Crash" ( 0x00846090 ) is responsible for Disable Login in the server.

Second: If the value of this address is:
- 1 -> The server will block any login.
- 2 -> The server will sleep for 2 minutes every time ( In other words, server will not crash, but it will sleep forever ).

Third: The value of this address will only be changed ( by default ) at server startup from the following ways:
- 1 -> Reading *DISABLE_LOGIN number from Hotuk.ini and writing his value.
- 2 -> If the *DISABLE_LOGIN does not have a number in front of him, the value will be 1.
- 3 -> If the *DISABLE_LOGIN does not exists ( // ), value will be 0.

Fourth: The packet 0x50321010 will only Log the Hack...Now, the simplest solution is to check values in the packets, or use a default log.

Someone more experience can tell me if this is correct? Or correct some mistakes about it.

Cainan,

Have you tried look at the dump file? If you open the dump in Visual Studio, you can debug and knows where is the issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cainan,

Have you tried look at the dump file? If you open the dump in Visual Studio, you can debug and knows where is the issue.
Hi, i have no server, so did not get any Buum attack. I'm just commenting, and if you can send me this dump file, i would appreciate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i have no server, so did not get any Buum attack. I'm just commenting, and if you can send me this dump file, i would appreciate.

I dont have this dump file, sorry, the post was only one idea

Back